Status: I am soooo sorry for my atrocious grammer skills!

As The World Goes Down

1

As he continued to pull me down the path I only had one thought running through my mind. "How did my life come down to this?" How come on the night of my 17th birthday I was running through the dark streets that my town held, with my hand in my best friends, running from some unknown force that killed my mom and dad and was now chasing after us. The only thing that was keeping me going was the tiny spark of hope Daniel gave to me. The hope that we could get away with our lives in our hands. But I knew if we did get away, I would feel like dying after, because my family that raised me, and took my Daniel in, was gone, and there was no one else.

The only sound I could hear through the pounding in my ears was our harsh breathing and stomping of our feet. I was surprised I had actually lasted this long because my 5'6 frame held zero stamina.

"Just keep running Tori, you can do it, I know you can," Daniels voice pushed through all my self-doubt and consistent worry.

"Not for very long Danny," I was the only one he allowed to call him that.

"Were almost to my cycle, love," He replied. My parents didn't allow him to ride his motorcycle, scratch that they allowed him to unwillingly but he respected the fact that he wouldn't park it anywhere near the house. Meaning he had to park it at his place of work, the only mechanical shop in town. He and I actually worked there together, which is how we met.

***I was practically begging to be accepted into this job, but the "boss" was being a sexist Douche and wouldn't consider it. Said " this place of work is not right for a little girl". So when he walked away, me being me, snuck into the back and saw no one I thought maybe I could show him what I could do.
I saw the dark grey mustang sitting in the far corner of the garage and almost smiled because of my luck. I walked over, took off my sweat shirt and popped open the hood. I began to take apart the engine. That's when Danny walked in and nearly had a heart attack from the sight of me, covered in oil and grease. I honestly expected him to yell and call for his boss, but he only laughed.

" I'm sorry, I just need this job," I whispered. He just sat back on one side of one of the cars and watched me.

"Please...continue." So I did. And he watched me as I took apart the engine and put it back together . But I didn't get to finish it because the doors swung open and a group of men walked in. This time they actually threw a fit over me being there. So loud that their boss came in and actually turned purple at the sight of me. I cringed a little inside but then I stood tall and puffed my chest out.

"I need this job," I stated, " I thought I could show you." Apparently that was a mistake because Danny stepped in front of me, almost in a protective manner.

"Rob," he said," I just watched her take apart this engine and put it back together again and she knows her way around a tool box."

"Who cares! She's a girl!" Someone yelled in the background.

"Not even half of your men can do that and you know it, Paul," Danny said. That was what landed me my job and the rest was history. Though they were still sexist douches.
***

"Babe, climb on ," Danny said, pulling me from my dream world. He handed me a helmet and I put it on, covering my head. Though I was eyeing the beast in front of me, scared out of my mind. I appreciated the paint job but that was about it. I always drove my mustang when we hung out because of my irrational fear of the death trap Danny was currently straddling.

"Tori, I know your afraid but would you rather stay here and face whatever that was or get somewhere safe," He said grabbing my hand. I took a jagged breath in. Deciding my fate rested better in his hands than my own, I climbed on. He still held my hand, and instead of letting go he wrapped my arm around his waist and taking the hint, I curled me fingers into his shirt. He started the ninja and took off down the street. The world was in a spiral motion as I looked out of my darkened visor. My leather clad body held tight against the body of my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think:) chapter 2 out tomorrow maybe

Tori