Status: I am soooo sorry for my atrocious grammer skills!

As The World Goes Down

12

A couple days had passed since my introduction to the house and Charlie. We hardly did anything, I cooked all the meals for the boys, they would work out in the mornings and then join me for a movie until we would fall asleep. I constantly asked Danny to teach me to fight properly, but he would just continue to say no. I had even tried asking Tommy but he looked at me sheepishly and said I couldn't. Lets just say I glared at Danny for the rest of the night.

It was the morning of the third day spent in the homey cottage, and I was currently in the kitchen making cupcakes. I had just pulled them out of the oven, and now was making butter cream frosting while they cooled. As far as I knew the boys were upstairs working out again. I honestly wanted to help them, what was I supposed to do while they were gone, just sit and wait for them to come back with injuries and just accept that. I couldn't, not I wouldn't accept that.

I looked up from spreading the sky blue frosting across the chocolate cupcakes, when I heard all to familiar stomping of feet on the stairs. Tommy came racing to the counter and swung his lower body into a chair. I smacked his hand away when he tried to steal one of my mini cakes. He pouted and I giggled in response. Danny and Charlie appeared in the remaining stools. They all looked heated, like their cheeks were red, I sighed knowing they were to caught up in the moment to drink anything.

I turned around with a sigh and walked to the fridge. I opened the door and grabbed three water bottles. Closing the door, I headed towards them and dropped a water bottle in each of their laps.

"Drink." I ordered. They all rolled there eyes and but did as I said and chugged the water happily.

"Listen, we have to talk to you about something." Danny said. I looked up again from my cupcakes.

"Talk away." I said handing Tommy a cupcake. He sighed happily and stuffed his face.

"We got an assignment today." Charlie said. I dropped the cupcake I was frosting and it fell to the floor, sticky side down.

"Poop." I whispered, and bent down to pick it up. A hand picked it up before I could, and then they swept up the frosting with a paper towel. I knew who that hand belonged to for it held a ring on it similar to the one that rested on my pointer finger. The same simple silver band that he gave to me as a birthday present to symbolize our 2 year friendship. I stood up and walked towards the oven. Not really paying attention to what I was doing as I got lost in my mind.

If they were gone, on this...this assignment.......there could be a possibility that they wouldn't....wouldn't return. I was broken from my thoughts when I felt a burning sensation rip through my arm. I looked down and realized I had touched my fore arm to the lid of the oven. I hissed and tossed the cupcakes onto the stove.

"Damn-it Tori," Danny rushed as he pulled me to the sink. He ran cold water over my arm as I stared at the side of his face.

"How long?" I said in a quiet voice. His jaw tightened up a bit as he shut the faucet of and wrapped my arm in a towel.

"We should be back my early morning, but you don't have to worry, Tommy's staying with you, nothing will happen." He whispered back, looking me in my eyes.

"You know that's not what i'm worrying about." I said in a harsh tone pulling my arm away from him.

"It'll be fun! We can watch movies and cuddle and talk about boys!" Tommy exclaimed. I sighed, handing him another cupcake before moving to walk out of the kitchen. I didn't get far though because Charlie blocked my way. I glared up at him.

"When will we be leaving?" I said confidently.

"There is no we, Victoria," Danny challenged,"I will not have you go anywhere near those people!"

I scoffed and whispered," News flash, you are one of those people, if you do this." I shuffled out the door, hitting my shoulder with Charlies. I knew that I probably hurt him when I said that, but I was angry at him. He had know right to just leave me here waiting and waiting to know if he was going to come back. I slammed our door shut and kicked off my shorts. Throwing myself onto the bed I whimpered into the pillow. I didn't want him to leave me. He was all I had left.

The door opened and footsteps padded across the carpet. One of the doors was opened along the far wall. I just wanted to sleep. I laid down on my plush bed, my head on the pillows and my body in a tight ball. I heard the door open again, and close softly. A thud was made on the thick carpet, and I was assuming a bag was dropped before the bed dipped and I felt Danny's soft hand caress my shoulder.

"I'm only doing this for you my love," Danny's voice continued, "I don't want to be a monster." He pushed his lips on my fore head, before the he climbed off the bed. I thought he would leave but I heard his footsteps against the carpet again. This time to the side of the bed where I was facing.

"I'll come back, for this." He whispered before he left.

On my bedside table, underneath the red glow of the alarm clock, sat the simple silver ring Danny once had on his middle finger.
♠ ♠ ♠
chappie 12

Outfit