Status: I am soooo sorry for my atrocious grammer skills!

As The World Goes Down

19

I heard there's going to be some newly married couple arriving tonight." A woman, wearing a black and gold shimmery gown, said. I looked up from Danny's arm, wear I was currently resting, questioning on how they knew we were going to be there. We had made it to the hotel, and were now moving from group to group, mingling with other party-goers. The soft murmurs of Charlie and Tommy were going in and out of my ears, occasionally whispering names to inform me of who I was speaking to. Danny winked down at me before taunting the group.

"I heard they were the new power couple of the underground world," He said confidently.

"You heard correctly young man, and what might your name be?" The same woman asked.

"Daniel Montey, and this is my wife Victoria Montey." I heard the quiet gasps go around the group.

"Please to meet you." I said aloud.

"Congratulations on your marriage." A different woman said, this one wearing an ivory green tight fitting dress. A man stood fairly close by her side as opposed to the other woman. ''

"Thank you. It was only a matter of time until this beautiful woman actually said yes to my big question." Danny explained with a smile on his face, staring down at me. The woman cooed almost at us.

"How many times did you ask me love?"

"About 4 times." He turned to the group, " My wife is very stubborn."

"I bet they only got married because they had to." The first woman whispered to another woman to her left. I laughed loudly at her. She looked bak at me with confusion etched on her face.

"Our marriage was not arranged. If thats what you think. I've actually known Danny-boy here since I was little. He was the perfect boyfriend and he waited patiently for me for over 8 years. That's a lot compared to you. Where's your husband?" The woman stood there dumbly with her mouth open a bit.

"We must be making other rounds here." Danny said, erasing the silence from the group.

"You guys are so cute together!" A random woman said.

"Thank you." Danny pulled me away. Soft classical music was playing lightly in the background. The party was quite dull, no-one was dancing and everyone was standing in circles gossiping and chatting about who knows what. He pulled me to a corner, wrapping me in his arms, twirling me just enough to make my dress swirl.

"Apparently I'm hard to get." I stated, standing on my tip toes and whispering it in his ear. My hands were resting on his chest as I leaned against him to keep my balance.

"It wasn't long though wifey, who can resist me." He answered smoothly. I laughed lightly.

"We're gunna take the elevator upstairs. Make it look like we'll be right down." I kissed his cheek, before grabbing his hand and began leading him through the crowds. Half way through, he turned me around to face him. He pulled my arm, using force, which made me tumble into him. I felt his hand touch my ear, his other hand at my hip.

"I just fixed your ear piece, you should be able to hear him more clearly now."

"I can hear him just fine. I think you just wanted an excuse to touch me." I said with a smirk on my face.

"Maybe your right."