Status: Recommend and comment if you like this please :)

Underworld (One Shot)

Underworld (One Shot)

Breathe in and out, in and out, you've done this a million times before.
Cold air whipping in your face as you look down over the ledge of the bridge and see nothing but the cold water below. You focus your attention on the short distance between the water and the cold, steel of the bridge.
Jump, you will yourself, but nothing happens. You're frozen in place and can't even take a step.
In and out, in and out.
You move your legs forward and you can feel your body fall the thirty feet between you and the water. The water rushes you quickly and within seconds you are plunging into the cold water that was once below you.
You open your eyes and can see the sun filtering through the water. The bright light beckons you to swim but your body remains motionless for a moment before you finally gather your bearings and start swimming toward the surface.
Ah, fresh air, you think as you drink in the atmosphere around you. With your eyes wide, you look around you and see that you've landed about fifteen feet away from the shore line.
You start to kick your legs in the direction you want to go, but something catches your leg and pulls you under.
You gasp quickly for a breath before being pulled completely under the surface.
Panic starts to set in the further you're dragged down.
You try kicking your legs but one of them is stuck in the grasp of something unknown. You try to scream against the water, but nothing but bubbles escape your mouth.
Blackness enters your vision as your air supply starts to dwindle. When you think all is lost, your vision blanks out completely.
You wake up several minutes later, on a different strip of land, one filled with brilliant colors. Colors so bright, you can almost feel them upon your skin.
The flowers are vivid pinks, blues and purples with yellow centers, just like out of a child's storybook. You breathe in the fresh air, scented lightly with the flower's fragrance.
Where am I? you think to yourself.
"Hello?" you call out, but no one answers.
You decide to get off of your feet and notice a red ring of fingerprints around your ankle where you were dragged under the water. It smarts lightly, but you can still walk on it with no trouble.
You walk toward a field filled with buttercups and daisies. Across the field you see a house with smoke coming out of a chimney on the top. The house looks to be made of brick with a straw roof.
You walk quickly to reach the house, tripping once over a fallen tree branch in the middle of the field.
When you arrive at the front door, you look through the open window and see a dazzling creature inside, something you could have never imagined in your wildest dreams.
She has the head of a woman, with lilac colored hair, wings of a sparrow on her back and the body of a cat.
You shake your head, trying to get reality to return to its natural state.
"Hello?" you call again.
"Oh, dear, you startled me!" the creature inside of the house exclaims.
"I'm lost," you say.
"Well, don't just stand there, come on in," she offers politely.
You hesitate for a second before entering the house. You don't know if this woman is dangerous or not and you are unsure of whether to trust her or not, but you make your way into the house and sit down in one of the kitchen chairs.
More brightly colored flowers decorate the inside of the house. There is a small child playing in the corner, she has the same lilac colored hair as her mother, with blue bird wings on her back, her body is some how human, but there is a light scaling to her skin that points toward her being of a totally different creature, almost lizard like.
When the young girl looks at you, her eyes speak of hunger. She licks her lips while she looks at you.
You become very frightened and decide to run from the house.
You get about ten feet away before the flap of wings stops you.
"Where do you think you're going?" the woman creature asks.
"I-I..." you stutter, before being knocked unconscious by the creature.
Upon awakening, you are strapped to the kitchen table where the child stands on a chair so she is above you in height.
"Dinner," the word plays on her lips while she licks them longingly.
Poking me in the ribs with one of her clawed fingers, she begins to giggle.
"Didn't mommy tell you not to play with your food?" the woman creature asks before all is lost and the world goes black around you.