Today Isn't Enough

Just Until...

~~~ My name is Heather. Brown hair, glasses wearing, nerd . It's my last year of Harvard college and you could say I'm a bright student. I have a select few of good friends and I study hard. I don' have time for much socializing and I'm the only part of my family that hasn't passed away. For a 22 year old, I think I have my life set with an awesome amount of money and once I'm done with college a high paying job. Everything is in check, no worries. ~~~

*talking on the phone*

"Come on Heather, why don't you relax a little. What good is it to have a life and don't have fun in ir?!" Sarah complained.

Sarah is my best friend who studies at Princeton. We've been frend for as long as we could remember and we call each other whenever we have the chance.

"Look Sarah. You know I'd love to go but, let me just finish my year here. I'm not really in the mood to be having fun when I know I'm so close to my masters degree and I don't want anything getting in the way of that. Well I got to go, I have a doctors appointment to go to. Wish me luck!" I said.

"Good luck. Let me know if you do change your mind! Talk to you later bye!" Sarah said.

"Bye!" I said before I hung up the phone.

__________________________________________________________________

"Heather, would you please come in and see me." Dr. Saunders called.

I walked in and I noticed something was wrong with his attitude. More of a cold, and sad vibe.

"What's wrong?," I asked.

"There's no easy way of telling you this, but your results came back and we found out that you have stage 4 cancer."

I-I-I have cancer. The words keep going through my head. I'm scared. I don't know what to do. Is this the end for me?

"How, um, how long do I have to live for?" I said clearing my throat.

"A year, but with treatment maybe two years. I suggest treatment and if you want I can find places where you can go to-"

"No.," I interrupted. "Don't do that. I don't want to be confined to a hospital bed for the rest of my life." I said softly while looking down.

"I've also prescribed some pills you should take twice a day to stop the abdominal pain."

"Okay, I'll go and pick them up. Thank you for telling me honestly." I said.

I left the hospital as soon as I could. What do I do now? I get home and I slam the bedroom door as hard as I could. I decide to go and take a shower. But I broke down into tears. I cried to hard I needed to sit there and just cry while the shower was running. Just for a few hours. Just until I think of something to do with the last few months of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it. I just always wanted to write something like this. Comments??