Little Darling

Chapter 2:

As I enter the plush hotel suite I am met with his agent who checks my ID and directs me into another room where Michael is already waiting for me. Opening the door, my eyes transfix on the God-like man in dark denim jeans and a white v-neck shirt sitting on the table playing with his phone. As the sound of the door opening reaches his ears he glances up and sends me a heart-melting smile as he tucks his phone back into his pocket.

“Hello there” He says as he walks towards my frozen body. His irish accent threatens to make me lose all sense but quickly composing myself, I step forward and meet him while holding out my hand.

“Hello, my name is Emily Smith and I’m going to be interviewing you on behalf of GQ today” I say, surprised at how smooth and business-like my voice sounds.

He smiles and meets my eye as our hands make contact, sending a shiver down my spine. His hands are quite calloused, the opposite of what I was expecting and my mind instantly conjures up images of his hands running down my body.

Get your mind out of the gutter, I scold myself.

I force myself to let go of his hand and direct him to a seat at the other end of the table, remembering to keep some distance from him. If I listened to my body I’d be in his lap in a second, I chuckle to myself. He seems to notice and sends me a quizzical look which I ignore, busying myself with setting up the recorder, notepad and essentials needed for the interview.

“I hope you don’t mind Mr Fassbender but I-“

“Michael” He interrupts me.

“Sorry sir?” I glance up at him and his eyes sparkle with amusement. I draw my breath in quietly.

“You can call me Michael” He laughs, relaxing back in his seat. “Mr Fassbender makes me sound like an old man. I’m only 35 y’know”

“Of course Mr – eh, Michael I mean” I blush as I fiddle with my notepad and pen under his gaze. Taking a breath, I will myself to chill out. Just relax. He’s only a man, I repeat like a mantra. An insanely attractive man, but a man nonetheless. You can do this.
Looking up, I meet his expectant gaze and send him a polite smile.

“Do you mind if we record this interview for the website?” I ask.

“No, of course” He sends me that smile again and I just nod.

Setting up the video camera, I get to work. This is what I’m paid to do. Getting comfortable, I flick my notepad to the first set of questions I have written down.

“Do you mind for the purposes of the video just clarifying who you are and what movie you have most recently starred in”

Sending me a nod, he glances at the camera and then back at me gesturing to the camera.

“Will I just start?”

I blush, “Yeah sorry, anytime”.

“Hi, my name is Michael Fassbender and I most recently starred in the film X Men- First Class” He smiles, making eye contact with me and not the camera.

I smile and start with the routine questions about the movie and what he thinks about it. After quite a lot of boring questions, I flick and see the fan questions that I have.

“When your fans found out we were going to be interviewing you, they sent us in a lot of questions that they wanted answers for, I hope you don’t mind” I ask him.

Leaning further back in his seat he grins, showing off his straight white teeth and nods.

“Of course I don’t mind”

Happy, I get my pen at the ready and ask the first question.

“Would you ever consider dating a fan?” I ask looking at him expectantly.

“Do you know what? A person is a person and anyone I’m with I hope will be a fan of my work. It would be kind of awkward if they thought I was shit” He chuckles.

Before I realise it, I’m chuckling myself and that seems to lighten the mood. Michael visibly seems to relax under my gaze and for this I’m glad. I didn’t want the interview to feel too strict and business like.

As we continue on with the questions, I get to a slightly personal one. Worriedly, I chew my lip as I debate whether I should ask or not.

“Hey” Michael catches my attention. As my eyes lock on his, I notice that he is leaning across the table, just like me. This means that if I just moved my hand a couple of inches, it would be on his. Knowing this, my hormones rise a notch and I catch my breath as our stare holds.
“You don’t need to be worried about anything. Ask away! I don’t bite” He smirks at me and his gaze seems to run all over my body as I visibly tense at the tone in his voice. Holy shit, how can a man have that much of an effect on me?!

Clearing my throat, I nibble on my lip before meeting his gaze which has seemed to darken infinitesimally, or maybe it was just my imagination.

“Marie from Colorado wants to know what happened between you and your girlfriend Zoe Kravitz and if you are looking for a new relationship”.

Michael leans back and seems to become more serious. Taking a breath, he stares me in the eye while answering.

“Well Marie from Colorado, we just weren’t right for each other and yes, I may be looking for a new relationship but right now, I don’t want anything too… serious.” His eyes seem to twinkle as they are locked on mine.

As the interview rounds up, I stand on shaky legs to turn off the recorder and pack up my things.

“Mr Fassbender, thank you on behalf of GQ for letting us take up so much of your time today, we know you’re a busy man” I smile as he stands from his seat.

“What did I tell you about calling me Mr Fassbender?” He chuckles. “And it was no problem, It was… fun” He smiles at me.

“Well thank you again” I said, picking up my bag and moving to shake his hand one last time.

As our hands link, I feel a piece of paper touching my palm. Before I can say anything, he brings us closer so he’s whispering in my ear.

“If you need to ask any more questions, just give us a ring” his breath hits my ear, sending shivers down my spine and leaving a hollow pit in my stomach which butterflies are attacking. He smells amazing up close, a smell that can’t even be described.
Letting out a nervous chuckle, I back away with the piece of paper in my hand and head for the door.

“Bye Emily” He shouts cheerily and I turn just in time to catch his wink before I’m out the door, in the lobby and outside.

My legs feel like jelly as I approach my car and sit inside.

Taking a deep breath, I calm myself down and turn on the engine.

Did that really just happen? I think as I drive home. As I park in my drive way I realise the paper is still clutched in my hand. Unfolding my fingers, I look at it and it confirms my suspicions.

Written in an elegant scroll is a phone number and the words:

“Call me if you need anything, Michael”

Holy shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if its crap, I was in a rush but I really wanted to get this chapter out.
Let me know what you think!

Subscribe and comment, please!