Little Darling

Chapter 3:

This little piece of paper with writing on it was sitting on my coffee table taunting me. I couldn’t look away from it and if I tried, it grabbed my attention almost instantly as if it was shouting “look at me! Look at me!”.

Why did he give me it? Is he genuinely just trying to help me out with the article or is he… no. I stopped that thought process instantly. There is no way that Michael Fassbender would want to see a plain old journalist like me. I mean, I’m not beautiful. I would understand it if I was but… I’m not. I wouldn’t say I was ugly either. People don’t recoil when they look at my face but at the same time, no one really takes much of an appreciative glance. I’m just average.

With green eyes, an average nose and lips that are more on the thin side than full, I just look… ok. Even my figure is nothing special. I’m not what people consider ‘skinny’ and more on the slender or curvy side. I have quite curvy hips and a C-Cup chest but the one thing I would say is I do have is long slim legs. That’s about it. I’m ‘nothing special’ Emily and that’s fine with me. I’m happy with the way I am. But from this, all I can deduce is that he’s just… being friendly. He must know that I’m a new journalist and so he’s probably just trying to be nice and here I am, doubting his every move.

Sighing, I shake my head and scrunch up the piece of paper with his phone number on it and chuck it in a drawer next to my couch. Now that the paper is out of my view it feels as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Things almost seem normal. As if it’s just any ordinary Friday night and I am just sitting in my apartment writing up an article on a random celebrity.

Relaxing, I change into sweat pants and a tank top, lounging on my couch and turning the television on. As I hoist the laptop on my lap, I take out my notepad and upload the video from my recorder on to the laptop to take notes.

As I watch the interview back, the butterflies seem to squirm in my stomach as I watch his intense gaze and his expressions to every question, taking notes as I go along. How is it fair that some people are just so talented and attractive? Surely normal people like me should at least get some good things. Then again, maybe that’s why 99% of these people lack in the personality department.

But as I watch the interview and think back, Michael didn’t seem like that at all. He seemed… genuine. This thought almost floors me. A celebrity who is genuine? Now that’s rare. I should phone up David Attenborough to do a documentary on him, I chuckle.

After writing up half of the article, I decide to take a break and leave the rest for Saturday as it was now past midnight. After locking all the doors and windows, I shuffle my tired feet to bed and cocoon myself in blankets for some comforting warmth. As I relax into sleep my mind fills with images of the interview and a pair of ice blue eyes that almost seem to be penetrating the deep corners of my mind.

My dreams that night were filled with calloused hands and a certain piece of paper in a drawer next to my couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not as long as the last one but I just want to start getting to the good parts. Thank you to those who have took the time to read it so far and have subscribed. I would love to hear what anyone thinks and even some constructive criticism. I'm always looking to learn.

Thank you anyway!

subscribe/comment! <3