Little Darling

Chapter 4:

The days following the interview were full of work and sleepless nights. Every time I closed my eyes my mind was filled with images of Michael and me in some rather… inappropriate positions. I was convinced I was going mad. Why was he constantly in my head? I had grown an unhealthy obsession with this man who was almost ten years older than me and I knew it needed to stop. There was no point in imagining anything happening between us because a) He would never be interested in me like that, ever, and b) we would never see each other ever again. There was simply no sense in me losing sleep over him and so when I turned up to work on Monday with the article fully written I was convinced that this would be the last time I would think about him. Since the article was finished I would have no need to concern myself with anything involving him and I could therefore continue my life as usual.

With this thought in mind, I strode confidently toward my editors office when I entered my work. Knocking the glass door I waited for Phil to wave me in before I opened the door and plopped myself down in the comfy leather seats he had situated in front of his desk.

“Ah, just the girl I wanted to see!” Phil beamed at me as I crossed my legs, getting comfortable in the seat. I got on well with Phil which was odd. In all my old jobs I hated my boss. They were always shit-heads but Phil was a cool guy. He was also very gay which was something I loved about him. But even though we were on friendly terms, his greeting surprised me.

“You wanted to see me?” I questioned, confused.

He chuckled, as if he knew something I didn’t.

“I was wondering how your article is getting on? The Fassbender one.”

“Oh that’s finished. That’s why I came to your office. Do you want me to just send it to you over email like usual?”

Phil smiled and nodded. “Yeah that’ll do just fine”. As I started to stand up to leave he tutted as if I were a disobedient child and signalled for me to sit back down again. When I did, he chuckled again.

“Don’t think you can leave without dishing the gossip on him Emily honey. Was he as attractive in person as he is on screen?” Phil leaned forward over his desk, eager to know.

Sighing, I let out a little laugh before relinquishing the information he looked desperate to know.

“Yes he was very handsome” I smiled, thinking back to him reclined in the seat opposite me, his toned arms folded over his broad chest.

“Well he definitely sounded it over the phone. Wow, his voice was like honey and I nearly melted right there and then. His accent was just -“

“Sorry, what?!” I spluttered. I was brought out of my day-dreaming about Michael to the knowledge that he had been on the phone with my editor. This piece of information left me reeling. Why was he on the phone to Phil? It’s rare for a celebrity to personally contact anyone. It’s usually their agent…

“Well that’s also the reason why I wanted to see you this morning. You see, we have to have a photo shoot to go along with the article. I mean, everyone wants to see Michael Fassbender rather than just read about him so we have to have one. He phoned me up to personally ask for you to attend him at the photo shoot. We usually just make one of the assistants do it but he personally asked for you honey and he’s a big celebrity so we give them what they want to keep them sweet. You must have made an impression on the irish god though! Anyway, it’s tomorrow so you’ll go to the White studio where…” Phil’s voice faded out as the thumping of my heart clogged my ears.

He personally asked for you…

Holy motherfucking shit god!

My thoughts were full of mumbles and curse words. Looking at Phil I could see his mouth moving but I couldn’t take in anything of what he was saying. Did he really expect me to be calm about that piece of information? He must be stupider than he looks then…

He personally asked for you.

Oh god.

I tried to calm myself down as I noticed my hands shaking. Taking deep breaths, I made myself relax.

“So you understand what you’re to do?” Phil ended, looking at me expectantly.

Scrutinising me, he sighed.

“You didn’t hear anything I said did you?” He laughed, spinning in his chair and grabbing a notepad and pen. “Don’t fear, I’ll write it all down for you!” He grinned as he started furiously scribbling on his pad.

After my instructions were folded and placed in my bag, I was instructed to go back to work as usual. But as the day continued my thoughts were incoherent except for one little thing which kept floating to the forefront of my mind and knocking the air from my lungs.

He personally asked for you…

God, what am I getting myself into!
♠ ♠ ♠
So he personally asked for her? How do you's think the photo shoot will go?
Please comment and subscribe. I really would like to hear back from people. I struggle to motivate myself to carry on stories where I get no feedback so please don't be a silent reader!

Thank you for reading anyway! <3