Status: ongoing

We Were Both Young

01 The Club

Danielle finally talked me into going to the club.
we both wore matching party dresses. Hers was turqoise and mine was lime green. My hair was in wide curls, cascading down my back with a golden shine; a hint of red underneath. Danielle had straightened her silky, cola-colored hair and clipped half up, out of her eyes. We looked good in the mirror, and probably even better in the eyes of all the drunk bachelors sitting at the bar.
After we ordered our drinks, we found a table in the back of the club just off the dance floor. As I sipped my drink, Danielle gave me a concerned look.

"Why do you look so nervous? " she asked.

I sighed, I couldn't hide anything from Danielle. She was my best friend. We had been best friends since we met 3 years ago during our freshman year at college. So I confided in her for the millionth time.

"I dont know, but I've been feeling kind of weird lately. I can't explain it but it feels like a mix between anticipation and anxiety,like something big is gonna happen to me."

Danielle's face showed concern and a little sympathy. Then she smiled.

"Maybe you're gonna get a new job soon, and you have ESP."

Suddenly, we both looked at each other with a raised eyebrow.
Then, as if by cue, we both burst out in laughter at the same time. Danielle didn't believe in stuff like that, but I always said: 'seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing.'

As we sipped our cocktails, we chatted for a while to catch up on things. Danielle told me about the call she got from John Krasinski's manager for a job opportunity, and she was excited to see if it worked out. He was pretty much her favorite actor (besides Tom Hanks of course), and she had a huge crush on him as well. I didn't pay much attention to men these days. I guess I was too busy for a relationship, what with school and my intern job at Fox Editing & Publishing Co. All I did was organize files and manage client phonecalls, but I somewhat enjoyed my job. Or maybe I was still a little raw from the unintentional split I had with Zacky. Though I didn't make a habit out of thinking about him, part of me still wondered where we'd be these days if we would have stayed together. I didn't have much time for music either, so I wouldn't necessarily know if they'd made it or not.
I shook the thoughts out of my head and decided I would have a good night with Danielle, instead of brooding over Zacky.

After we finished our drinks, Danielle dragged me out to the dance floor. It seemed like hours we were dancing, laughing, and sweating. But I knew it had only been about one hour. Either way, I was ready for some shots, and I knew Danielle was getting there too. We were both close to a heat stroke, and the teenagers beside us were getting rowdy.
We made a run for it and headed back to the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its not more explanatory but it will all piece together soon. :]