Status: ongoing

We Were Both Young

10 Warped Tour

Image

Zacky sighed and plopped onto the sofa, placing his head in his hands. I didnt know if he was angry or what, but my heart was sinking.
I watched as Jack walked over to Zacky and placed a hand on his knee.

"Maybe you're my daddy." he said in a voice so full of hope.

Zacky lifted his head, with glossy green eyes, and smiled at Jack.

"I am." he spoke softly.

Jack smiled wide, and launched himself into Zacky's arms with a tight squeeze. He WANTED Zacky to be his dad.

I just smiled, and the guys all did too.

Jack pulled away and looked up at zacky.

"Does this mean youre gonna show me baseball?" he asked.

"Yeah, and whatever else you wanna learn too."

As hard as it was to break them up, I spoke.

"Zacky, can I talk to you outside?" I asked politely.

Jack looked at me frantically.

"Youre not taking him away are you mommy?" he asked.

"No baby, I just need to talk to him for a minute. We'll be right back." I told him, kissing the top of his head.

Brian reached out a hand

"hey little man, come hang out with us. We're your uncles." He said.

Jack went to him, and sat beside him in the small both where they were all playing cards.

I followed Zacky outside and shut the door behind me, then stood before him. He sighed, then looked up at me.

"So not telling me I have a son is your revenge for that night after the club?" he asked with hurt in his voice.

"No. I'm not even mad about that anymore. I never was. I just figured that telling you I was pregnant would ruin your success. I didnt want to distract you from your dream. Having a baby takes up all your time. I wanted you to focus on the band. And i did fine by myself." I said.

Zacky took my hands in his, giving me a frantic look.

"I wouldve given up anything for you Kale. Especially for Jack."

"I know, thats why I didnt tell you. I know this band is important to you. I didnt want to stop you from doing what you wanted to do."

"Kale, dont be so nice all the time. All you had to do is call, and I wouldve found a way to do both. Dont worry about me. I would give anything to go back and do all of this with you. I missed 2 years of my son's life. I cant take that back." he said, then looked away at the dirt.

I knew he was mad, but Jack was fine. I felt bad that Zacky never experienced the things I did with Jack. Like diapers and spit up and waking up every 2 hours for him, and fixing his cuts and scrapes when he started walking and always fell. Now I felt like the bad guy.

"Im sorry Zacky, but i was only thinking of you and the guys."

He looked up at me, tears threatening to break free from his green eyes. No matter how many times I stared into Jack's eyes and noticed they were exactly the same as Zacky's, I still felt helpless when I looked into Zacky's now.

"Well, Im here now. And I'm not going anywhere. I want to spend everyday with Jack." he said.

"But you cant quit Warped Tour now. This is only your 3rd venue." I told him.

He sighed and looked down at the ground again. Then, his head popped up and there was a twinkle in his eye.

"I'll take him with me. The guys will love it, and I bet Jack will too. We'll do everything together."

"I dont know if thats a good idea. You guys drink and cuss and hang out with girls."

"I'm sure the guys will understand." he said, giving me his puppy dog face.

He didnt need to, I was ready to say yes whenever he quit talking. But I wanted him to know I was a good mother also. I trusted Zacky and the guys, and I knew Jack would be in good hands. They were always good with kids anyways.

"pleaseeeee?" he whined.

I just chuckled, and gave in of course.

"Ok. But if my son comes home with tattooes or piercings, I'll hang all of you in my tree." I said.

Zacky smiled, then he smiled even wider.

"You mean OUR son?" he said cunningly.

I smiled wider too. OUR son. That sounded nice. Maybe we could finally be a family.

Brian came off the bus with Jack and let him come to me. I picked him up and balanced him on my hip.

"Ok Jack. Your dad and I decided that your going to spend the rest of the summer with him and all your uncles."

Jack's eyes lit up.

"Really? Yay!" he cried.

"But, on one condition." Zacky told him.

Jack looked at him, waiting for the worst.

"You have to call me Dad." he said.

Jack nodded.

"Ok Dad." he said, then reached out for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one might have been a tear jerker for some of you. Next one should be up by tomorrow so look out for it! thanks for reading guys!