Status: ongoing

We Were Both Young

05 The Other One

The next morning, I woke up alone in bed. And it was cold! I know Danielle gets hot at night but damn.
I almost got up to find where Zacky was, but when I heard the toilet flush in the adjoining bathroom, I just laid back down. He came out with just his jeans on, and I finally got a good look at his torso.
He was thick, but tight, and I could see a faint 6 pack underneath his pale skin.
Zacky came over to the bed and got on top of me, pinning the blanket down around me. He leaned down and kissed my forehead softly.

"Good morning beautiful." He said sweetly.

I smiled up at him.

"Come cuddle with me, I'm cold." I said in a little kid voice, giving my best puppy dog eyes.

He fake sighed and removed his jeans before getting under the covers with me.

Just then, we heard noise outside.
I got up, telling Zacky to stay there, and left the room to investigate.
When I looked down the other hallway, Danielle was standing at the front door talking to someone.

"...Zacky's girlfriend......if he's here...", was all I heard.

I felt my blood begin to boil, wondering if that was true or not.
I looked down at myself in just Zacky's T-shirt and decided to investigate further.
I met Danielle at the door, where I looked out and saw a thin, platinum blonde woman standing on the other side. She wore pounds of make up and what looked like a designer outfit.
This was Zacky's girlfriend? She's not even his type!
By now I was infuriated, and finally the girl noticed me standing behind Danielle.

"Who are you? And where are your pants?" She asked rudely.

I decided to humor the girl.

"Well...", I looked up at Danielle's clock, "Its 10:00 in the morning. And I was just waking up from getting drunk last night soooo you tell me where my pants are."
I answered with a smirk.

She just gave me a raised eyebrow.
Just then I felt a hand on my waist.

"Baby who is it?" Zacky asked from behind me.

Danielle moved out if the way so he could see, and when he looked up he was completely dumbfounded.

"Gena...what are you doing here?" He asked.

He quickly removed his hand from
my waist and stepped in front of me, as if knowing what was gonna happen next.

"Zacky, did you sleep with her?" She asked him, gesturing towards me.

He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. He always did that when he was nervous.

"Look, there's a perfectly good explanation for this ok?" He said hesitantly.

"Yeah, I sure fuckin' hope so." I said quickly, placing my hands on my hips.

I would have never slept with him last night, had I known he was with someone. If I was Gena, I wouldn't even be standing there anymore.
So I just gave a short 'ugh' and walked back down the hall to the living room. I sat down on the couch between Danielle and Brian, leaning forward to place my head in my hands.
I felt Brian start to rub my back, and even though it felt good, it didn't make me feel better.

When zacky came back into the room, I looked up at him, hurt in my eyes.

"Kale- " he started.

"Dont 'Kale' me Zachary!" I stood up so fast, he flinched.

He just looked downcast, shuffling his feet
"I'm sorry.." he said quietly.

"I dont care how sorry you are. If I would have known you would be cheating on that girl- or anyone for that matter, I would have left you at the club where I found you!" I shouted, I was livid by now.

He just gave me a desperate look.
I loved him so much, but I would not play his little love games. No matter much I had missed him.

"So now what?" I asked, knowing damn well that poor girl was still standing outside.

"Gena is still outside." He said sadly.

"Well then I guess you better get your shit and get out, huh?"

He turned and headed towards the guest room.
I took this opportunity to go back to the front door.
I stepped outside, and Gena was sitting on a plastic chair on the porch. She looked up, anger in her eyes.

"I just want to apologize for what happened here. If I would have known he was with you, I would have never even given him a second glance." I said sympathetically.

She stood up and smiled.

"I appreciate your apology. I've heard a lot about you. And I don't necessarily blame him, the guys were right- you are beautiful."
She answered, holding her hand out.

I shook it, and Zacky came outside with his things. He looked at me with a frown.

"I'm sorry Kale." He said, almost in a whisper.

I reached for the door to go inside, speaking my last words to him.

"Kale doesnt exist anymore..."

Once I got inside, I ripped his shirt off and cracked the door again, tossing it in his face.
I covered my chest with my arms and entered the living room. This time everyone was up, drinking coffee.
Brian almost choked on his when he saw me standing there.

"Umm...nice rack?" He answered.

"Can I borrow someones shirt please?" I asked.

Brian politely removed his plain black sleeveless T and handed it to me.
I grabbed it as good as I could without exposing myself and turned around to put it on.

"I can't believe Zack got to hit that. Its not fair." Brian announced, clearly staring at my ass.

I just turned and smiled, then sat between him and Johnny on the couch.

A couple hours later, we said our goodbyes to the guys and they left. But this time, Brian and I exchanged numbers to keep in touch.
After they were gone, Danielle and I decided to go back to bed. We had waken up way too early this morning to begin with.
Except this time I slept with Danielle in her bed. I refused to ever go back in that room after this morning, and I meant it.