Status: Working on it. More to come!

Souls of the Departed

Chapter 2: "You have a life...kinda"

Four years later…

A woman by the name of Sandy sat in a chair as she watched her mechanic fix the transmitter to her car. She had to admit she was admiring the muscle tone and well-built specimen in front of her rather than giving a damn about her car, plus considering the fact he was more than attractive just made it that much harder. She narrowed her eyebrows curiously when she saw his head twitch to the side a little, an unfamiliar male voice following shortly after the gesture.

"Dude…I think she's checking you out!" she heard a whisper

"Shut it!" her mechanic replied lowly

"Seriously dude…turn around and see for yourself!" the other male voice said and now she was confused not knowing where the voice was coming from and didn't know if she should be concerned or not.

"shut the hell up already…I told you to leave me alone when I'm with customers!" the mechanic retorted again before he stood up and closed the hood of the car and then turned around putting a cell phone in his pocket. Sandy smiled relieved to see he was on the phone with someone, thinking he must have had it on speaker phone.

"Sorry about that" he said with a slight smile

"It's fine" she laughed lightly "thought you were going crazy for a minute there, Mr. Uchiha"

"Nope" he chuckled and then reached into his pocket pulling out car keys "Well here you go. She should be working perfectly fine now"

"thank you so much" she said giving him a flirtatious smile and he smiled back as she got into the car and then walked over to the garage door and pressed the green button and the control panel making it open while she started her car and started pulling out of the garage "thanks again!" she called out the driver's side window.

"No problem…anytime!" he replied with a smile in return and waved while she drove off makinghis fake expression turn back into his usual serious and non-caring expression, while he pressed the red button closing the garage door again and heading for the stairs that lead to the apartment above the garage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I cannot believe you did that to me…again" sasuke said closing the apartment door and throwing his keys onto the side table by the door before he went to the small decent sized kitchen to get himself something to drink. "Is it really that hard for you not to talk?" he added going into his fridge pulling out a can of soda. His head jerked ever so slightly again before he spoke in a different voice.

"Hey..i was just trying to help you out" he said chuckling as he rubbed the back of his head, before sasuke snapped back to himself

"I don't care…I've told you time and time again, naruto…all because you're stuck inside me doesn't mean you have to make yourself known all the time" sasuke said rolling his eyes before they changed to blue indicating Naruto's intrusion once again.

"Oh come on…what's the big deal?" naruto laughed, looking at the soda can in his hand and then snickered as he shook it before sasuke took over again.

"The big deal is that you make me look insane!" sasuke retorted and then opened the can of soda and with a sudden burst it all came spraying into his face "Your fucking kidding me right?"

"Oh don't be such a stiff, Sasuke…it was a joke" naruto said putting the can down on the counter "I'll even clean it up for you…see I'm a friendly spirit"

"Screw you" sasuke said before letting naruto take control again

"Sheesh…no need to be cranky" naruto snorted before he started laughing as he finished cleaning up the floor, and sasuke once again took control.

"God you're a loser" sasuke said after the paper towels had been thrown in the garbage "I swear sometimes you guys making having a life impossible"

"You have a life…kinda" said naruto

"No…I can barely have a life with the five of you stuck inside me" sasuke said slightly irritated

"You can go out and…I don't know get drunk or something if you really wanted to"

"No I can't, naruto…and as a matter of fact I wake up every day feeling like I have a hangover because I barely remember half the crap that goes on when any of you take my body out for a joy ride to live it up!" he said going into his bathroom to get his things to take a shower due to Naruto's little trick.

"Hey Sakura's done it too!" naruto said

"Don't bring me into this you idiot!" Sakura intruded suddenly making Sasuke clench his fists "you're the one who drives him crazy not me!"

Sasuke shook his head bringing himself back "All right sakura…you can't do that!" he said "My voice changes anytime any of you take over and I refuse to sound like a chick!"

"But we're in the house" sakura said making him pout a little

"Ugh fine…just…not outside of the apartment…please" he said

"Fair enough" she said happily, until there was a knock at the front door, making her gasp and let out a little squeal since she didn't expect the sudden knock.

"Sakura!" sasuke warned as he walked to the door. He held the knob and stood there for a moment, waiting to see if anyone else would decide to make a surprise take over but luckily nothing happened and let out a sigh of relief as he opened the door.

"Surprise!" he heard as a bunch of confetti blew into his face making him close his eyes. When it all fell he brushed the small colorful pieces of paper off his head and looked at his visitor which was none other than his old friend, Rema Miyuki.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what can I say about Rema. Well for starters she has shoulder length fire truck colored red hair and gray eyes similar to a storm cloud on a summer day. She's dark skinned and has two tattoos. One of a butterfly with a broken wing on the back of her shoulder and the other of music notes on her left arm and an eyebrow piercing on her left eyebrow. She's not exactly thin, but not heavy either and would probably be a safe bet to say she's a balanced middle between the two. She's a dancer and I remember that because I caught her dancing in the hall outside of the music room when I was playing on the piano back in college. Besides that she's one stubborn woman when it comes to someone telling her what to do. She likes to "experiment with life" as she puts it and takes chances no matter how hurt she may end up, which was also another experience we had once we had become friends. Being that I told her I used to be a part of a Special Forces group she wanted to try out a few moves. Of course I showed her and yes she did try them, but it didn't end up exactly the way she had hoped, but luckily that was the first and last time she tried. She's a caring and sweet and loves kids, and her goal in life is to touch everyone she meets and help them one way or another no matter the cost...hmph..Wonder how true that really is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you get taller?" she asked with a wink and he just stared at her as he slowly raised an eyebrow "You sure you just didn't get shorter?"

She laughed and shook her head "no…by the way I brought you a small cake since I missed your twenty third birthday" she said handing him a small box that had 'Happy Belated Birthday, Sasuke!' written on the top of it. "you did have a birthday party didn't you?"

"No" he said closing the door and then went to the kitchen putting the box down

"Sasuke Uchiha…why don't you ever have birthday parties…you promised you'd enjoy yourself and have a party for your twenty third birthday!" she said crossing her arms over her chest. Sasuke rolled his eyes before taking the cigarette from behind his ear and putting it in his mouth.

"I made no such promises" he said his back still turned to her as he lit it.

"Yeah-" she said poking his back "you did"

She shook her head and went over to the living room windows and opened all three of them before setting her bag down next to the couch. "I don't understand you…your what…2 years older than me, and when you have free time you don't do jack!" she said throwing her arms up in the air.

"It's been what 4 maybe 5 years since we last saw each other and this is how you greet me. With a cake and complaints?" he said walking over to her with his hands in his pockets "I don't know…call me old fashion but I prefer the old 'hey how you doing?' 'I'm fine…what about you' and so on and so forth" he said and she looked at him and pouted a little "I'm sorry…still though…your always so confined and to yourself. I wish you'd be a little more willing to go out and meet people" she said gently "I mean I may not have seen you in a few years but we did keep in touch over the phone and through texts…all you ever do is work, and only go out if you really have to and continue with your lovely bad habit"

"Don't judge me on my bad habit" he said making her laugh a little "you have no idea why i do it'

"Seriously though, Sasuke…how come you're so afraid to go out and live a little?"

He scoffed lightly as he looked out the window "For me…life can't be that simple"

"Why not?" she asked curiously

"It's…complicated" he sighed "very complicated"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please ignore any misspellings or typos. thanks. ^_^