Status: in progress

A Night at Nandos

Chapter 11

"Hey, Sky?" Niall questioned, as i soaked up the sun.

"hmm?" i wondered.

"Can i show you something?" i opened my eyes, to see him nervously smiling.

"sure."

I followed him down the beach a ways, and to a small little alcove.

He turned to me, with a little grin. "I always come here when i'm nervous or upset, and you're the only person i've brought back here."

I felt little butterflies errupt in my tummy.

"i'm honored." i joked, pecking him on the cheek.

He looked nervous again, I wonder why.

"I really brought you here to tell you something..." he told me looking down.

"You're not breaking up with me are you?" i panicked.

"NO! No, of course not!" he sighed, "i wanted to tell you.. I love you."

My eyes widened, and i probably looked more panicked than before.

"Skylar, i love you. I truly mean it with all my heart. You're the one for me. I know i haven't known you that long, but its a feeling you get, it's an action to want to protect someone. I want to protect you, and hold you, and love you." he confessed, giving me a tiny smile.

I sobered up my thoughts, and hastily replied, "Oh, Niall! I love you too! I was just surprised. I love you more than anything!!"

That was the first time i ever said i love you to anyone other than family.

Wow.

He quickly scooped me up in his arms, and spun me around.

After our embrace, we warmly kissed.

It was my first kiss that was so full of love, and i knew with Niall, I'd found something special.

==========

"I'm hungry!" Niall whined for the 1,000 time in the car.

I gave him a look, "We know; you've mentioned it a few times.."

Eleanor, sensing my irritation, piped up "Why don't we stop at the Italian restaurant we passed on the way up?"

We all gave our agreement, and Niall thanked El profusely for getting us to stop.

Driving for a bit longer, we continued our idle chat.

"Seriously Sky, the guy was a total douche bag." Niall commented.

I made a face, "Just because he was talking to me?"

"yes, thats exactly what it was." he agreed.

"You're insufferable." i retorted.

He only gave me a cheeky grin in return.

Pulling up to the restaurant, Niall practically ran out of the car.

He was halfway to the door, when i commanded, "Babe, get back here!"

He walked back like a kicked puppy.

Grabbing his hand, we waited for Louis and Eleanor to catch up.

Why did MY boyfriend have to be so keen on food?

Then again, i might not have met him without his love for it.

We all walked into the restaurant as a group.

"Table for four, please?" I asked the hostess.

She grabbed the menus, and we followed her to a booth in the back.

"Your server will be with you momentarily."

All of us thanking her, she walked away.

As we chatted about the days events, and between Niall rubbing his tummy in hunger, our waitress walked up.

I don't like judging people, but one word came to mind when i saw her:

Skank.

Okay maybe a few words popped up:

Skank, whore, slut, trash.. the list could go on.

Let me explain my reasoning.

She was wearing black short- shorts, her work button up (with the buttons undone to her breasts), fish nets under her shorts, and black high heeled clunks.

The rest of the workers were only wearing the same shirt with black pants, she definitely customized her outfit.

As soon as Niall saw her, he got this distant weirded out look on his face.

Lo-behold, when she got to standing directly in front of us, she WINKED at Niall.

She fucking winked at him.

My first thought, "okay, whatever, Niall is an attractive young man." but what really made me angry was his reaction.

He let go of my hand, and put it in his lap

Was that a sign?

She winks at him, and he drops his hand????

I mean, we WERE holding hands..

"Hi, i'm Aly! I'll be you guys waitress today! What can i get you guys to drink to start off?" She asked, still looking at him.

It seemed as though Niall was avoiding her stare, as he was looking down at his lap.

We all ordered waters and she went to go get our drinks, but Niall was still looking down.

I touched his hand, and he flinched away from my touch.

Ouch.

"Are you okay, babe?" i asked.

"Yeah," he nodded, standing up, "I'm just going to run to the toilet really quick."

"okay.." i replied wearily.. I hope he was alright.

Louis and Eleanor both looked perplexed, but Louis looked a bit worried.

"Do you think he's okay?" I asked Lou.

After about 10 minutes, and Niall still wasn't back, i wanted to go see what was taking so long..

"I'll be right back, i need to see if he's okay.. I hope he's not sick." I told them.

I got up, and went to the nearest waiter, "Excuse me, where's the restroom?" i asked him.

He pointed to a little secluded part of the restaurant, with its own hallway near the back.

"thanks."

I walked the short distance, and turned into the L shaped hallway, and what i saw made my heart drop..

There was Niall.

In the bathroom hallway.

Pushed against the wall.

With our waitress, Aly, hovering over him..

They were kissing profusely, and all i could think about was he loved me?

he didn't love me? did he? he couldn't love me.

my thoughts were racing so quickly, i barely even knew what i was saying before i blurted,

"you said you loved me?" my voice cracked, and a hollow tear ran down my cheek.

It looked like he got shocked, and he pushed our waitress off of him.

He pointed at me, "you," then our waitress," and you're.."

I felt a sob rack my body, and i turned and ran out of the restaurant.

"Sky, Skylar! It wasn't what it looked like!"

I continued my brisk walk.

"Skylar, i lov-"

Turning around at full speed, i growled, "Don't you DARE say I love you! Don't you DARE!"

I walked past a shocked Louis and Eleanor, and right out the door.