Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'You're gonna make me cry'

We were sitting in the waiting room, a bit nervous and overjoyed. Brad would come out and give us a little update on how Amanda was progressing. It wasn't for another two hours before he came back out, a big smile on his face.

"She's here and she's so perfect." Tears were brimming his eyes and I couldn't help but to get emotional. My mom asked if we go in and see the baby and Amanda, but Brad said we would have to wait a couple minutes because they were cleaning the baby up. Dad had a huge smile on his face, looking down at the ground happily, he was caught up in the moment. While my mom was much more excitable.

"Amanda wants to see you." Brad smiled once he walked back out. I furrowed my eyebrows but stood up nonetheless. I followed him to the room, walking in slowly. Amanda was sitting up in bed, smiling softly, she was holding a bundle of pink blanket in her arms.

"Hey." She said.

"Hi." I walked a bit closer, taking a good look at the baby. She was so cute, she had chubby cheeks and a full set of brown hair and she inherited Amanda's cute button nose.

"She's so beautiful." I smiled.

"Her name's Charlotte Eden Brownlee."

"What?" I asked, glancing away from the baby and looking up at Amanda.

"It's a perfect name." She smiled.

"Aw," I laughed a bit, "You're gonna make me cry."

"And I was wondering if you wanted to be her godmother?" Amanda asked slowly.

"Me?" I pointed to myself, "Are you sure?"

"Of course!"

"Now I really am going to cry.I would be happy to be her godmother." I mumbled, wiping at my eyes. Amanda sniffled and blinked hard a couple times.

"You want to hold her?" I nodded slowly.

I looked down at the small baby in my arms, she was trying to open her eyes but the lighting in the room was a bit too bright. I ran my finger across her cheeks, she squished up her face and squirmed a bit. She grabbed a hold of my index finger, holding onto it tightly.
I held her for what seemed like forever but once my mom came in she begged to hold the baby,so I handed her over carefully.

"How are you doing, Manda?" Dad asked, walking over to her, patting her leg lightly.

"Oh, I'm fine. It wasn't too bad." She laughed lightly. My phone started to buzz, I picked it out of my pocket and walked out the room.

"Sorry, I know it's late but I finally have enough time to talk." Josh's voice rang through the phone.

"It's ok, I'm not at home anyway."

"Where are you?" He asked.

"At the hospital. Amanda just had the baby." I smiled.

"That's wonderful! They're both doing well?"

"Perfectly well. And my mom and I patched things up."

"Seemed like an eventful night." He laughed. It really was an eventful night.

"Yeah, I'm glad for it all. We can all just be a happy family now." I nodded a bit, "Anyway, what are you up to? Shouldn't you be asleep?"

"Yeah but I'm not sleepy. We got done with the show about an hour and a half ago, and I decided to give you call. "

"Are you having fun?"

"Oh, definitely. Nothing like the tour life." He didn't sound very convincing, "It would be better if you were here." I frowned a bit,

"I want to be with you, too. Maybe after the whole shop thing is in place, I can come visit you for a day or two."

"That would make me really happy." It was quiet for a moment, moans and groans broke the silence.

"What's that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Matt and Cherry, they go at it like fucking rabbits." He groaned, "KEEP IT DOWN, I'M ON THE BLOODY PHONE!" He yelled, making me laugh. The moaning stopped but I could still hear the faint squeak of the bunk.

"Are they right above you?" I asked.

"Yes." He groaned.

"You should pretend to be playing with yourself and make lots of weird noises." I suggested.

"We can just have phone sex."

"I'm at a hospital."

"So?"

"Such a perv." I giggled.

"Let's go to the pub, mate!" I heard Dan say. "Come on, we're all going to get away from those two going at it."

"No, it's ok-"

"Go." I said softly.

"But I just called you."

"Call me tomorrow." I replied.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, totally. Have fun but don't go crazy."

"Alright, I love you, babe."

"I love you, Josh. Bye." My mom literally took a billion of pictures of the baby, with us holding Charlotte or one of just Charlotte. She was definitely being a typical grandma. After a couple more pictures, I had my dad drive me home because I had work in the morning.
I never knew how much I hated sleeping alone until now. It felt so... lonely and cold. I stared at the clock until I got sleepy.

The next morning, I got up early to do my usual routine. I just stood in the shower for a bit, trying to wake up. I put my hair in bun when I got out and dressed into something warm. I left the house and made my way to the shop. It was bit further than the office but I didn't mind the walk.
When I got there, it was complete madness. Arabella was walking around, with a couple people behind her. "What if we put a rack there?" She motioned to the corner.

"Eden!" Arabella looked over at me and smiled, "What are you doing here?"

I was quiet for a moment mostly because I was a bit confused, "Um, I thought I had to come in to work today."

"You've done enough. We'll set up the store. Hopefully we'll do it in a day or two. "

"But-"

"Take a couple days off."

"Are you-"

"Eden, go home," She laughed, "Or go visit that boyfriend of your's on the road." I perked up a bit, that was a good idea. He had a month left on the road and I was already missing him like crazy.

"Ok, well..." I nodded awkwardly, "I'll be back at work in a couple of days." She looked up from her clipboard,

"Mhhm."

I almost let out a squeal of excitement when I exited the store, fishing for my phone in my purse. "Josh!" I said loudly.

"Eden?" He asked, he must have been asleep because he sounded a bit groggy, "Is something wrong?"

"No, " I laughed, "But Arabella gave me some time off, so maybe I can come see you?" I asked the last part quietly, feeling a bit nervous. It was quiet for a bit before Josh finally responded.

"Yeah! That sounds great." He sounded more awake now.

"Well, where are you? I have to book a flight."

"We're in Cardiff."

"Oh, well, that isn't too far. I guess I'll take the train. But I don't know where you are exactly."

"I'll come pick you up from the station."

"Ok, well, let me pack a small bag and I'll head over to the station. I'll probably be there in a couple hours."

"See you later, love." My heart went a bit crazy, thumping rapidly.

"Ok." I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
shout out to alextmarshall and Jackyvincentinmybed for commenting! Thank you guys! <3

This one's a bit boring but I'll def try to make the next chapter better c: