Status: Updated Once A Week

We Will Never Be the Same

'You feeling okay, love'

We got the hospital as fast as we possibly could. I was feeling a bit out of it, not only were the contractions getting stronger but I couldn't stop worrying over the fact that my due date wasn't for another 4 weeks. On the drive, I made Josh call my mom and ask her to head to our house to grab my hospital bag.
If I wasn't in so much pain, I would find it quite silly at how fancy Josh and I were dressed. A nurse was quick to escort us to the delivery room. Before I changed into the scrubs, I mumbled a frantic question.

"Will they be okay? I'm not due til-"

"Early births are common in twins." She smiled a little, "You aren't that far from your expected due date. A doctor will be in to check in with you and see if there's anything serious going on." She made me feel a lot better, but I was still in a lot of pain. Josh was fairly quiet, sitting in a big chair next to my bed. He shot me a soft smile when the doctor came in to ask some questions and check me out.

"Everything looks fine on paper." He nodded, he checked me under the gown, "And you're 5 centimeters dilated, so you're officially in active labor. "

The nurse standing next to me then spoke, "This would be the time to decide if you want an epidural or not."

I nodded quickly, "I definitely want an epidural." After getting an epidural, I started to feel more at ease. I was getting a bit impatient, though. We had been at the hospital for almost 8 hours.

"Oh, please, I was in labor for 19 hours with you." My mom laughed. My mom and Josh's mom were currently in the room, but Josh and I decided that during the actual birth Josh would be the only one allowed in the room.

"You feeling okay, love?" He asked, taking my hand and holding it softly. I nodded, I couldn't really feel the contractions, and I was sort of numb from the waist down thanks to the epidural. It wasn't for another 4 hours until I fully dilated and ready to push.

~

It was such a surreal feeling to watch as the nurses walked towards me, ready to hand my babies to me. The girls were wrapped in white blankets with little pink polka dots. I held both of them, one in each arm. I wanted to cry, from being overjoyed. Josh was hover over my shoulder, the biggest smile on his face. I motioned for him to take one of the babies.

They were perfectly healthy, and they were going to be coming home with us in a couple days. Before we let our families in, Josh and I had to decide on names.

"Let's name them after flowers, like Daisy......" He trailed off, obviously thinking very hard, "And Daffodil" He laughed.

"I liked the idea til you said daffodil."

After a moment of thinking, "I like Emilia." Josh nodded and looked down at the sleeping baby in his arms,

"What about Hanna?"

"That's cute." I looked down at the baby in my arms, "Now who's who?" Josh walked over to me and glanced down,

"My baby looks like an Emilia." He smiled as he snuggled 'Emilia' closer to his body.

"So, this is Hanna." I smiled brightly. We already had their middle names picked out, Hanna Sophia and Emilia Liv, which was Sophia's middle name. After a little more alone time with our girls, we decided to let our families in to meet them. I super tired but I didn't want to miss anything, even though they were just newborns and all they did was cry. My mom was the first to walk over to me, looking proud.

"Look at you guys." She smiled at the baby in my arms, "Let me hold my baby."

"Mom," I whined, moving away from her.

"Don't hog the poor child." My mom rolled her eyes and extended her arms out, I eventually let her hold Hanna. Everyone in the room was either taking pictures of the babies or whining about wanting to hold the baby. In the midst of it, Josh came over and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I told you it would be okay." He whispered into my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was very 'meh' but hopefully I'll get back in my groove soon