Status: Work in progress

Like A Firework

Independence Day with a Twist

~Xander's POV~
I sat on the bank of the river and watched the fireworks alone. I was a 16-year-old with an attitude problem. I didn't need anyone. Especially that over-bearing man whom I called "Father" That was a lonely year.

~Tailer's POV~
"Mama," I whispered quietly from my favorite spot on the bank of the river. It was a boulder, secluded so no one could see me, but I could see everyone.

"Yeah, baby?" she answered quietly.

"What'd you says those things are named by again?"

"Theys is called fireworks, baby," she said sweetly in her slow drawl.

"I wants to be a firework one day," I said innocently. I was five at the time.

I heard Mom laugh a little before she responded, "You's wanna 'splode in the sky?"

"No!" I laughed and moved closer to her. "You see how's they lights up the sky and make that loud boom noise?"

"I certainly do."

"I wants to be noticed. I wants to light up everything and do big, big, big things."

"And you's can, baby girl," she smiled.

"Can I?"

"Yep," she said slowly. "But only if you's tries real real hard in this here school. Get yo-self a good learnin'. And al'ays, al'ays 'member that your mama loves you. No matters what. You understand me, girl?"

I nodded slowly and snuggled into her, watching the colors of the sky until I saw something truly unusual.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please, please give me feedback, even if the reader does not intend to continue reading. I take critisism well. Also, if you have any suggestions or plots you would like to see, please message me or comment on my profile. Thank you!