Unplanned

oo1

Image


“Hey little black thing!” I heard him say as he walked towards me in his white tuxedo, lime green polo and maroon neck tie. Or somewhat like that. “You forgot this.” He said, as he handed over the souvenir from our Prom. It was an Eiffel tower necklace inside a small, see-through pouch.

“Little black thing?” I asked him as I gripped the pouch and slipped it into my mini bag.

He nodded, grinning. “Yeah. I mean you really are small, even with heels on and this puffy black dress of yours make you look, so... black.” He commented, staring at my cocktail. “Anyway, why are you here all alone? Want to go back in to the centre?”

I shook my head. “I like it here more. We can talk much easier and can actually hear each other without you shouting at me, and me shouting at you.” I say, looking up at him, as the cold breeze breathed upon my skin. He didn’t move, he just stared directly to the sea wall. And with his face, I can read him, like an open book. “Wanna walk to the sea wall?” I asked.

He smiled, nodding. ‘Sure.’

As we walked to the sea wall, he laced his hands with mine, or more likely, we laced our hands with each other. No one did it first, and no one said anything, but we knew it was happening. It was like we were synchronized, like we were passing messages through the silence. When we got closer to the, I could feel my fake eyelashes flapping with the strong ocean breeze, like it was going to rip just any second now. I gasped.

‘What’s wrong?’ he said alarmed, as I removed my hands from his, and covered my eyes.

I struggled with my arms around my face. ‘Nothing, it’s just my fake lashes are being very annoying.’ I tell him, turning around, away from the sea wall, blocking the wind with the back of my head.

He laughed and motioned me to go behind him. I reluctantly followed him while covering my eyes. By this time, I was facing the sea wall already. Well, not really. I was actually facing his back, but the sea wall was now in sight. His back blocked the wind, making my lashes stay where they were. Everything is going to be okay. ‘Thanks,’ I whispered.

‘No problem.’ He said, as he stood still, blocking all the wind that he could.

We stood there for a little while longer, just us two, with no one else. We didn’t really do anything else though, we didn’t talk, move or anything. We were just standing there, listening to the breeze of the wind with the crash of the waves to the shore. I could smell him despite the salty scent and he smelt like Human, the perfume.

‘Hey.’ I start to interrupt the silence that filled between the both of us. ‘Thanks for taking me as your prom date by the way.’

He didn’t move a bit, but I could really hear him speak like he was whispering just by my ear even though he wasn’t even facing towards me. ‘A promise, is a promise, remember?’

‘Well, I don’t think that promise is still applicable since, we broke up.’ I tell him, slightly choking on the last three words. I breathed, composing myself, ‘But thanks anyway, for this, for everything.’

A pause. Then an answer, ‘Nah.’ He said, ‘I would’ve still took you as prom date with or without the promise anyway.’ He said, now turning around but still in the same spot. I looked up, he was smiling.

I smiled back at him. ‘So, uhhh, wanna go back in?’ I managed to say.

He stared at me for a little more while, with his eyes twinkling with every blink. Untilhe finally said, ‘Yeah. Let’s.’

When we walked back in, he didn’t lace his hands with mine and I didn’t lace mine with his either, but instead we did that thing we used to do when we were still together. We tied our small pinkies together, making them the only thing that’s keeping us together, keeping us intact.

When we got back to the convention centre, people were bored. No one was dancing, not even one single soul on the dance floor. We sat down back to our table and remained as casual as possible. Until Jude came along, and whispered something to Croix. Croix laughed chivalrously while Jude scampered back to his assigned table.

He turned to me the moment Jude was gone. ‘Hey, we’re going to slow dance later, okay?’ he asked, beseechingly. ‘Since I missed your first dance, might as well be your second.’ He said, smiling, leaning, so that I could hear him better.

I nod. ‘Does Jude have to do something with this?’

He chuckled again, while nodding. ‘He said, that, Berry won’t dance with Edward unless someone dances on the dance floor first. So he asked me to ask you to slow dance. While he and Aiyana would dance as well too.’ He explained briefly. ‘But I already planned asking you to dance before he mentioned anything to me, so yeah.’

I laughed. ‘Oh sure. I’m in.’

The moment the slow music started playing, Edward, Jude and Croix started sharing looks on who goes first. Croix sighed; abruptly stood up and raised his palm, waiting for me to grab it.

I smiled, ‘Here goes nothing.’ I say, grabbing his hand and walking up to the dance floor, followed by others; Jude and Aiyana, Gia and Lloyd, and lastly, Edward and BL. ‘Finally,’ I say as we started swaying with the music. ‘They’re finally dancing. The plan’s a complete success!’

He chuckled, as he placed his hands on my waist. ‘I guess so.’

Then he smiled again at me, that very same smile that he always gives. But this time, his smile said something to me. Something that I understood very well. That there are some people that no matter what you do, there will always be a part of you with them, and that a part of you will always love them, no matter what happens. With or without a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
ArAnQuGa ☺