Status: Small but complete

Number One

Number One

Frank Iero was a business man. A very well of, successful business man. The only thing about that got him down, was how people thought his line of work was wrong, sinful. Frank didn’t think it was any different than everyone else’s jobs; in fact, Frank probably earned more than the so called haters. Even though so many people despised his job, Frank felt the best he thought he would ever feel. It left him with lots of money, many friend’s, which meant people actually liked him and most importantly, he felt satisfied – so to speak.

Then there was Gerard. Gerard Way worked for Frank. He himself didn’t necessarily like the job but he was good at it and sometimes, only sometimes though, they would treat him well. You would get the occasional man who treated Gerard well, who actually pretended they cared, were gentle and even tip Gerard well. Even though there were many idiots out there who just took his body without a single thanks, they always paid well. That’s all Gerard needed, he needed to have money so he could stay alive. Men out there came to Gerard when no one else could satisfy their needs and who else would be better to do the work other than a man himself. Men knew what they liked, so they knew what other men liked.

Gerard was the only male whore within the whole of New Jersey who wasn’t ‘scared’ to dress in drag. This helped his clients overcome their issues with being faced with the situation of a man pleasuring him. And because of this, Gerard was the best whore on the streets and evidently, Frank’s number one.

The relationship between Frank and Gerard was very strange to the other whores that worked for Frank. They were all girls and just couldn’t understand why Frank would prefer Gerard over any of those. They were also jealous of the relationship Frank and Gerard had formed.

Frank was an attractive man, there’s no denying that. Wearing his skin tight shirts showing off his muscular arms and the occasional tattoo poking out, his dark hair curled just past his jaw giving him the look of innocence that everyone knew wasn’t there. And of course there were his eyes! Anyone who looked into the shining hazel orbs felt six feet under. They were always full of authority as well as love, care and absolute devotion to his workers.

Frank was a very caring man. Sometimes-and most of the time- this came in handy. The girls in Frank’s care felt like he treated them well, better than anyone else has treated them. If they needed anything, Frank would do everything in his power to help them.

This caring nature is what lead Frank into finding and acquainting Gerard.

Both men remember that day so clearly. Frank was walking back to the house with Lola, one of the girls who worked for him when they walked past an ally, echoing the groans of a man. Frank being the man he is, went out to see if the person was okay. He was greeted to see a man on his knees, blowing off a middle aged, fat man.

Frank coughed to gain the attention of both people, if this was going to happen on his streets, he needed to stop it. The man on his knees whipped round and stared at Frank in shock. He was scared, and vulnerable. Frank could see this man was homeless and by the looks of it, injured. Frank shooed the balding man away with a harsh “Fuck off” and dropped to his own knees to look into the eyes of the young man he had found. The man refused to look at Frank, feeling guilty and disgusted from being caught doing the one thing that kept him alive.

The moment Frank looked into the boy’s eyes, he knew he had to help him. He looked so pained, damaged. How could Frank not at least try and help this broken down man.
Frank started talking to the boy learning that he was called Gerard and why Gerard was the way he was; being kicked out at 17 years old he had to fend for himself but he never had enough money to move into a house, he only had enough for food.

Gerard could remember the arguments like it was yesterday. Every night when he wrapped up into the tattered old blankets and attempted to make a pillow out of a bag containing his only possessions, the memories of his last night at home flooded his mind.
“You fucking fag! Get the fuck out of my house you dirty fucker.”

The screams of his father still makes him shiver to this day, the punch in his stomach, the kick to his balls and the slap of the back of his head. It makes him sick with the memory.
Frank listened with care and by the time both boys stood up, Lola had already gone home. Gerard had never met anyone, let alone a stranger, that had taken so much interest in Gerard’s thoughts and feelings. Frank took care of Gerard and gave him a home, somewhere better than the streets, and here we are now, 3 years down the line and Gerard was there working for Frank.

Every time Frank looks at Gerard, he remembers the day he found him. He thinks how we wished he didn’t have to put Gerard in the situation he did, but Frank wanted to keep him safe with food, warmth and money. But he still couldn’t feel that pang of guilt knowing that he kept Gerard in a situation that neither of the men wanted him to be in. He felt like he pulled Gerard off of the streets but not out of the work he was doing. But either way Frank felt connected to Gerard. He was allowed to sleep with any of his whores but of course he didn’t want to. He had Gerard sleeping next to him, and that was enough for Frank. Just to feel the other man’s warmth radiating onto him, whereas Gerard was just happy he could wrap his arms around his savior.

There’s no denying that Frank was in love with Gerard, he was falling and falling and then he admitted it, he was in love with his whore. But Gerard didn’t feel like a whore to Frank, why would he? He was perfect, an angel. Frank didn’t want to put his angel in that position but he did. He wanted to make it right, so that’s what he did.

On one particular night – it was actually the 3 year anniversary of when they met – after Frank round up all of his workers and collected the money, he called for Gerard to stay back. Gerard in his little naive way just thought Frank wanted to have them sleep in the same bed. Over the years Gerard has learnt that Frank didn’t like to be alone and he was perfectly happy to be Frank’s personal teddy bear. He never asked for more, just simply to curl into each other. What Gerard didn’t know though, was that Frank only done that with him, no one else had the privilege to just be held by their boss.

“Erm, Gerard…” Frank started off. In all fairness, Frank had no idea what to say, he didn’t plan what would happen and he regretted it now. For the first time in a while, Frank looked unsure, unprepared and well, scared.

“You want me to come up with you again?” Gerard asked him, hoping that this would help Frank be at ease again.

“Yeah sure, but…” Once again, Frank trailed off. How would he put this? How would he be able to tell the most perfect man he’s ever met that he was in love with him? So he decided to do what he done best, not think.

“I don’t want you to work for me anymore Gerard.”

“What? No, no Frank please don’t do this. What would I do? Where would I live? I can’t get a job Frank! I haven’t been ‘working’ for years, I just can’t turn up somewhere and say ‘Yeah I was a prostitute!’ Please, please, please Frank just, no. I have nowhere to go and...”

Frank couldn’t stand Gerard rambling especially since he got the wrong end of the stick. He knew that simply telling Gerard to shut up wouldn’t work so he done the second best thing he was good at, Frank kissed him.

Sure enough it shut Gerard up but he stood there shocked, he didn’t move an inch just stood there, eyes still wide open and arms hanging loosely by his body. When Frank pulled away, Gerard carried on looking at Frank with his shocked eyes. He hasn’t been kissed in over 3 years and not to mention the fact that this was his first kiss with Frank. He didn’t know what to say, he just couldn’t think of any words at that precise time.

“I don’t want you to work for me Gee,” Frank spoke softly while caressing the other man’s jaw. “I want you to stay with me and be mine. I-I think I love you Gee.”

There Frank had said it. He had opened his heart a little to Gerard and he was prepared to open so much more. If he really wanted it, Frank would rip out his heart and give it to Gerard.

“No, I don’t think I love you, I know I love you. From the moment I saw you I knew you were special. I feel-I feel like I have to protect you and I will do anything in my power to make sure you’re happy and safe. I will go to the end for you, I don’t give a fuck that it sounds cheesy but I would. I would sing and shout to the world about how much I fucking care about you Gee, I really do. I just-fuck I bet you don’t feel the same way.”

Gerard, blushing all the way through Frank’s little speech felt very surprised about the way he felt. Even though Gerard never really admitted it to himself, he knew deep down that he too was in love with the other man. Once again, he had no way to word this so he attached his lips onto Frank’s for the second time.

This time, it Frank who was shocked. He had built up the suspicion that Gerard didn’t like him back, he just saw him as his boss. But as soon as it clicked in his mind that the person he LOVED was KISSING HIM, he raised his arms to wrap around Gerard’s neck and kissed him back just as sweetly.

Neither man expected what it would feel like, fireworks and butterflies and bombs fucking going off inside their stomachs. Frank’s hands had tangled themselves in through Gerard’s hair while the older man had his arms tightly wrapped around the smaller man, pulling him as close as they would ever get. It was bliss for them both. Neither male wanting to come down from this high. And right then and there, both had decided they were not letting the other get away.

“So, you’re officially fired,” Frank smirked.
“Fine by me.” They started to walk towards the stairs leading up stairs and were meted by the stares and soft smiles of all the girls in the house. The boys looked at each other as they giggled. They were truly in love and everyone could see it.

“Hey Frank! Does that mean I have a shot at being number one?” Lola cried out.
Frank smiled at Gerard and wrapped his arm around his waist.

“Gee will always be my number one.”