Raised by Wolves

One

“So, tell me everything about your life.” The young man said this more like a question than a command. He looked like a model the way he was sitting on the picnic blanket, looking over at his date.

“Everything?” The girl he was staring at began to form a horrid look on her face. Her black hair blowing around in the wind softely.

“Yes.”

It was Jethro’s and Samantha’s first date together ever at a lake. They had only met each other this year in their college writing course. They wouldn’t have known each other if Jethro wasn’t so sneaky and mischievious. The only reason why they met was quite a few times, he saw Sam’s work. Her stories that she had to tell were just so unique and out there.

Sam looked away from him, trying not to blush. She was unaware of if she wanted to blush because of her insane story or if it was because Jethro seemed all that interested in her.

He was a really cute boy with dark brown hair and green eyes. His personality was outstanding. Though most people would consider him dumb for how happy he was, it was absolutely adorable and Sam couldn’t get enough of him.

Looking back at him, he looked like an anxious puppy. “I don’t think you can handle the truth about my life, Jethro.”

“Oh come on. Your life can’t be that strange that not even I could understand it.”

“It’s not you understanding it that I’m worried about though. It’s that I know for a fact that you won’t believe me.” As exaggerated as that statement seemed, it was definitely real life. Her life was
stranger than most people.

Jethro smiled with a knowing look on his face. “Oh please, the only reason I wouldn’t believe you was if you said you were a vampire.”

Immediately, Sam felt sick. Her face didn’t show it, but she no longer wanted to be around the park. It was home she wanted to be, where she would be believed of anything and everything.

She stood up, angry that her life seemed to be a joke to everyone she spoke to. In fact, it almost was impossible. It never really fazed her of how she was still living. “You know what, forget it, I’m going home.”

When she turned around to walk the two miles back to her house Jethro caught her by her hand.

“Wait, don’t go. I really do want to know what you have to say.”

“I don’t think so. You’ll laugh and run off like everyone else. Yes, I repeat it and I shouldn’t admit it so easily.”

Jethro frowned. “Admit what so easily?”

Sam took his hand and lead him into the car. She went to sit on the passenger side. Her breathing was becoming thick.

“You have to swear, Jethro, that even if you don’t believe me, you won’t laugh.”

“Sammie, it’s me, Jethro. I’m willing to believe anything.”

Sam couldn’t believe she was about to say what she was going to say. After all, her story was paranormal beyond belief.

“I was raised by wolves.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear, the shortest chapter of the story.
Comment, Subscribe, Recommend. :)