Raised by Wolves

Four

Finally I was in my senior year. It was only two months until I would graduate high school and just maybe my family would turn me into a werewolf. It’s what I wanted for the longest time. I had this undying love for the werewolves. If my parents and brother becoming wolves at full moon, then there was no doubt that I should be shared that pain.

I was back home from school and I picked up Vlad and gave him a big kiss on the nose. I rested my head on his neck until Chad came in the living room with a bowl of cereal in his hand.
“Hey, Sam, what’s up?” He took a spoon full of the liquid and put it in his mouth.

“Just thinking. How about you?”

Chad didn’t bother with answering my question. Obviously he was getting ready for the big hunt that night. “You think?”

“Yes and I was hoping you could help me. I’m 18 now and I want a change in my life.”

He smiled his stupid smile. “You’re not all that popular at school so I highly doubt that your life will be full of parties.”

I nodded my head to show I understood perfectly. “I know they won’t be full of parties, but I want them to be full of full moons.”

All of a sudden, his cereal fell and crashed onto the floor as his eyes widened. “And what do you want?”

“Chad, I want to become a werewolf. That would be the best graduation gift of all.” My best puppy eyes appeared.

Apparently the look didn’t work for him because he was a dog himself and he clearly said the most horrific thing. “I’m not going to do shit, Sam. Why don’t you ask mom or dad?” He walked closer to me and folded his arms.

He had stopped my words from spitting out. “Please Chad. You know they will never allow it!” I held Vlad up to my face so Chad couldn’t see how I was feeling and might feel regret for saying no to his big sister.

Our dad suddenly came into the room with his iPhone in his hand and sending a message. “Never allow you to do what exactly?” He pushed his glasses up his face so they were barely touching his eyes.

A glare from my eyes drowned into Chad’s soul and I started to finally break him down a little even if it wasn’t for long. Glaring at my adopted father, I held my hands together hoping for the best to come out of my plead. I thought for a brief moment to see what I was going to say to him. It had to be all perfect or he would definitely say no to me. “Daddy, you know I’m different from most people, right?”

“That’s my girl.” He looked up at me and kissed me on my forehead showing that he was proud of me for being myself and not feeling like I had to fit in although I did have a hint of jealousy for those who had something special that allowed them to make friends. “Don’t ever change because you’re perfect already.”

It didn’t even take him the whole sentence before I was frustrated. “Come on dad, I want to become a werewolf.”

His face was so serious at this point. In all honesty, it scared me a little. Usually he knew how to make the best out of the worst situations. “You don’t know goddamn shit about what happens when you become a werewolf. Part of your life is stolen from you.”

“This isn’t fair! I was raised by wolves and so now I want to become one!” Although I would never say it to them, I wanted to tell them that my life was stolen the day my real parents were taken away from me.

“No you don’t, darling. Your life will be falling in reverse at that point and you won’t be able to be a kid anymore.”

My cheeks were red and puffy. I was trying my hardest not to yell at him. I hadn’t yelled at my family since that one night when a stranger saved me. “I’m not a kid anymore. Plus, why try to escape the fate? It’s my destiny and I know it!” It was the ultimate truth. At some point, my life would lead to an early death or becoming a werewolf.

Vlad jumped out of my arms and started eating the cheerios and drinking up the milk that had been on the floor.

“This is never going to happen and this conversation is over. I don’t want to hear you talk about it again.” He just walked away like he usually did when he didn’t have anything good to say. He ran when he knew that I was right and he knew he couldn’t lie to me or deny it.

Chad had his arm up to his mouth and was clearly showing that he hadn’t been able to keep his laughter to himself. His face almost turning red from at least attempting to not be an arrogant and ignorant jerk.

I smacked him hard with my hand and walked away from him. Chad let out a small cry of pain almost sarcastically.

He caught up to me in mere seconds. “What do you want fart bag?” It was only when I was confidently angry that I gave Chad the lamest names.

“I’m your brother and I care for you. Being a werewolf is not as luxurious as it seems for one night a month, I wonder whether I killed someone or not. As you should know, when we wake up, the whole day is like drinking the night before and recovering the whole day after. It sucks.”

I smiled at him deviously and completely ignored anything that he had just said. It didn’t mean a thing because I knew all of it. I had years to think about becoming a werewolf and I had always chosen yes.

“You think I don’t know what I want. How cute. Have fun becoming a dog without me tonight.” I went outside and waiting for nightfall.

There was an overcast of clouds that had banished the sun from the earth so cruelly. Darkness reigned as it had the night before and I found that I was alone in the sad outdoors.

I went beside the forest and rested on the swings that had been placed rather close to the street. There were no cars that passed as I waited for the show to start.

Just like the month before. There was suddenly a large scream from each werewolf that lurked in the woods as the moon cowardly peeked through the clouds. For a few minutes after their transformations, it was quiet and I witnessed the cracking of wood not too far into the forest. It excited me.

A smile made its way onto my face as I stood up and walked closer to the obscure forest. There were trees after trees to shade the werewolves from any kind of civilization and create the distorted vision for them that they would be forever some wild animal damned to all of hell.

I didn’t believe it though. I knew how intelligent they were. It was clear as a Summer’s day that on a full moon they would turn into some common animal and when the sun rises the next day, they’ll be as human as anyone else.

Unknowing of what would happen, I walked into the wooded area as quietly and as unnoticed as I could be. It took me a few hours to find a wolf. The time of the day when the sun was still being woken up, not even peeking through the horizon. Soft rain was falling.

My heart was beating like a drum as I looked at it knowing it could be my mom, dad, or Chad. I stepped on a small twig but it caught the wolf’s attention. It stared me down and showed me its vicious eyes as it began to growl at me.

I rested my hand on my heart as I tried not to cry. “Chad, mom, or dad, it’s me. It’s your daughter, sister. I’m your family!”

The wolf just growled at me even more and almost pounced on me but I got out of the way before it could hurt me or kill me. I ran for my life trying to stay awake.

I was trying to keep away from anything in the way that gave me a huge chance to trip and not be able to get up. It was so close to me and I was sure on my life that nothing good would come out of me being in there.

The creature was finally slowing down and came to a full stop to lie down to sleep. Being too tired to move my feet, I gave the wolf a good pat on the neck knowing it wouldn’t try to attack me anymore and I collapsed against a tree and fell asleep.

The sun still wasn’t out when I awoke but the rain was still spitting cold drops of sweat onto the earth. I was grateful that I had brought a jacket the night before since it was too cold out not to have one.

I looked around me to see who the wolf was. It wasn’t anyone in my family but it was someone who I knew for such a short time when I was just a child. It was someone who I often thought about.

Ryan Seaman was rolled into a ball shivering like crazy yet he was still very much asleep. His teeth were chattering.

Regret flooded me. He probably never expected to become what he is today. He’s what he is because of me all those years ago.

I stood up cautiously trying to not wake him up and walked around him in circles a few times to see that it was really him. He was even more gorgeous than what he was four years ago. On top of that, his black hair was messy.

I then turned around away from him and took off my pants and hoodie, glad that I had worn a tank top underneath but embarrassed that I had worn a thong. With shaking hands, I rested it on top of him and put my pants over his secret area.

He began to breathe like he was now awake but his eyes hadn’t opened yet so I ran behind a tree that fully hid me and stared at him.

Suddenly, he jolted up and looked at his body to see that everything was still in its place. He looked around the area with his eyes to see if anyone was there and to see if it was them who had placed the clothes over him.

I wanted to see him again so badly but I was horrified of what he would say and it would have been the most odd place to talk to him.

After rubbing his eyes from the lack of sleep he received, he stood up and put on the clothes. Thankfully they fit him since even for me, they were too big.

He walked out of the forest and I just stayed in the area. I walked up to where he was laying and took his place to lay down. I pet the ground and hoped that maybe I would have the superpower to make him human again and give me the werewolf gift but it never happened.

Resting there for a few minutes, I heard a gunshot go off. My eyes opened wide and I began to shake from the fear of possibilities that someone was shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, Recommend, and subscribe. :)
What do you like about this story so far, what do you not? I love input on my stories so please write something whether it's good or bad.
I love you guys for subscribing to this.