Saturday Night.

So Lonely Without You.

Driving around Huntington Beach wasn't exactly on Zachary's agenda for this Saturday. He planned on writing and spending time with his girlfriend. However, Crystal decided that she no longer wanted him by his side. On the day that Avenged Sevenfold started to show each other their writings, Crystal packed up her belongings and went to stay at her sister's.

Zack didn't deal with heartbreak that well. As he slowed down at the stop light, he placed a Marlboro Red between his lips. Taking out a Zippo lighter, he sparked the cigarette. He took a long drag, filling his lungs with the nicotine that he, oh so loved. Removing it's position between his lips, the cancer stick was now placed between the 'L' and the 'I' that were tattooed onto his fingers. "Fuck," He mumbled, and stepped onto the gas once the light changed to green.

Crystal filled his mind, more than the nicotine filled his lungs. The guitarist made his way to a spot where he always let his mind wonder, and let himself think - the drive-in. As he drove, he turned on the radio. Changing the news to his favorite rock station, it came to a horrible surprise. 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica was playing through the speakers. Soon, his green eyes started to blur. Zack muttered another curse word, then blinked his eyelids quickly.

Finally, he had reached the drive-in. He parked his car in the usual spot, and leaned back in the seat. The movie that was on was something that didn't perk his interest. He laid down onto his back, looking up at the stars above him. The backseat was so lonely without Crystal.

The night went on and his cigarette box was getting lighter. Mumbling a curse, he sat up in his seat. Zack turned on his baby, and backed out of the drive-in. "Motherfucker," He groaned, starting to drive back onto the pavement. What was he going to do when he arrived back at his home? The loneliness would only grow.

Quickly, he arrived home. Zachary didn't want to deal with anyone's bullshit right now. He locked his car, and walked quickly to his door. He placed the key into the lock, opening the door slowly. He prepared himself for the darkness ahead. He flipped on the light switch and went through his pocket. He placed a cigarette in a familiar place, sparked it up, then let the cancer fill his lungs some more. He could easily have gotten cancer that one night.

He dragged himself up the stairs to his bedroom. He sat upon his bed, placing his elbows on his knees. He removed the cigarette from his lips, and blew out a cloud of smoke. Zack was miserable, and his eyes could no longer hide the tears. They burned at first, but eventually, fell onto his cheeks. He was destroyed, and he couldn't help but to think this was all his fault.

He finished the cancer stick, and pushed it into his ash tray. He released another cloud of smoke, and grabbed his acoustic guitar. He started to strum the beginning of 'Seize the Day'. He was practically torturing himself. Why would she just get up and leave him? Something had to be wrong.

He sighed, placing the guitar beside him on the bed. He lit up, yet another cigarettes. He scrolled through his phone's contacts and found, 'MATT.' He needed his best friend at this moment. The phone rang twice, then a familiar voice broke through.

"Zack? You alright, man?" Matt asked, with worry in his voice.

"No, not at all. When I came home..." Zack started, but the tears flooded his eyes. He placed his hand onto his forehead, and crushed the half smoked cigarette into the ash tray. "Crystal was gone. She packed up and left."

"Oh shit," Matt sighed. He could tell Zack was upset. Zack was tough, but when he was hurt, he broke down. "I'm sorry, man. Do you need anything?"

Zack shook his head, as if Matt was in front of him. "No, it's fine. I have my guitar, food, my dogs, and cigarettes. I can live."

Matt released a small chuckle, "Alright, man. Just know I'm here if you need anything."

"Thanks, man. It's just weird, y'know? Like I smoked cigarettes with this chick. She was fuckin' rad. Like she was my best friend."

"Yeah, I know how that feels, man. Except the smoking part," Matt chuckled softly. "But that's how I feel about Val, as you know. I'm still sorry. Break ups are the absolute worst."

"Matt, you've been dating Valary since we were like sixteen."

"That's true, but... I just know from sources that they're bad, okay?"

Zack laughed softly, "Okay, okay. One second; gotta light up."

Matt replied simply as Zack put a new cigarette on his lips. He lit it up, then let out a drag. "I swear, this box was full like four hours ago."

"Dude, how many have you smoked?"

"Like, the whole pack. I have... two left. Fuck me."

"Zack, slow down. You're killing yourself. Jesus, have some iced tea and fuckin' sleep. And don't have some fuckin' alcohol or something. You're going to die."

"Thanks for the advice, fuckface." Zack rolled his eyes. "Bye asshole, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah fuckin' right. Goodnight, man. Oh, and don't die."

Zack hung up the phone, tossing it down onto the bed. He picked up his acoustic and placed it gently onto the floor. He laid onto his back, continuing to fill his lungs with cancer. He pushed the cigarette into the ash tray, wasting about half of it.

"Fuck this," He muttered, kicking off his shoes. Once he heard both shoes clunk onto the floor, he went under the covers. He wasn't a pussy and kept the tears from falling. He just closed his eyes, hiding from the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it. It took a lot of emotion to write this. I even started to cry.
Comment, rate, and yeah. All that good stuff. I love you all.
Jess x