Status: Active!

Shelter

Jack

Jack woke up to his phone ringing. With a glance at the clock he saw that it was only eight in the morning, and he groaned. Who was calling him this early? He blindly fumbled for his phone, answering it.

“Hello?” he said sleepily.

Jack snapped awake when he heard Alex practically sobbing on the other end. He choked out something about an anxiety attack, a car, and traffic before Jack cut in.

“Alex, did you drive when you were having an anxiety attack?” Jack demanded.

“I-I had an anxiety attack a-after I started driving. I knew I shouldn’t drive but I had a fight with R-Rian…” Alex stammered out, still crying.

“Okay, shh, calm down. Where are you at?” Jack asked gently.

Alex paused before saying, “I think I’m a few streets away. Yeah, this is the street near your house.”

“Do you think you would be able to make it to my house in one piece?”

“Yes,” Alex mumbled.

Jack sighed. “Good. Drive to my house and I’ll meet you at the door.”

“Okay.”

“Drive carefully and pay attention to the road. I’ll see you in a few minutes,” Jack said, hanging up. He rolled out of bed, pulling a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt on. He was thankful that he lived on a road that wasn’t very busy; Alex wouldn’t be likely to get into an accident on the way here.

Jack headed downstairs and looked out the window, sighing in relief when Alex pulled up. He opened the door as Alex walked up the steps, shutting it behind him. Alex’s eyes were red and he looked just pitiful. Jack wrapped his arms around Alex, who hugged him tightly, sniffling and burying his face into Jack’s shirt.

Jack pulled away after a few minutes and kissed him on the forehead. “Come into the kitchen with me, Lex. I’ll make some food while we talk.”

They headed into the kitchen and Alex was quiet for a few minutes, sitting at the table and watching Jack pull out food and pans. Jack turned to him, waiting, and Alex sighed and looked down at the table. “Rian and I got into a fight.”

“Yeah, you told me that part. What happened?” Jack asked, cracking eggs into a bowl so he could make scrambled eggs.

“I had a nightmare when I woke up so I guess that’s why I was on the verge of an anxiety attack. I went downstairs and Rian and I talked for a few minutes because he was butting into our lives. He went on about how you make my nightmares better, again, and I got annoyed because he keeps bothering me about trying to get rid of them. He doesn’t seem to grasp the fact that I don’t want these damn nightmares and anxiety attacks just as much as he doesn’t want me to have them. I got mad and slammed my coffee onto the counter, and it spilled all over the place. I stomped outside and left. So now I’m here,” Alex explained, looking down at the table the whole time.

Jack nodded as he spoke, listening as he cooked. He finally sat down at the table with him, handing him a plate with scrambled eggs and toast. “Why’d you get so mad at Rian?”

“I have no idea. I feel really bad about it, because I know he was just trying to help,” Alex said, poking at his food with the fork before eating it.

“It sounds like it was probably from your anxiety. You had been feeling like you were going to have an anxiety attack since you woke up – it makes sense that you were so irritable and ready to blow up,” Jack suggested.

“Maybe.” They were quiet for a moment before Alex spoke up, asking, “Since when did you become the smart, thoughtful one?”

Jack chuckled, “I’m not nearly as smart as you, Lex.”

“Thanks,” Alex mumbled, blushing a little, and Jack laughed softly.

They ate their food silently for a few minutes, and Jack looked up when his plate was clear. “Alex, I think we need to look into a therapist or something for you.”

“What? No!” Alex said angrily, and Jack raised an eyebrow at the fire in his eyes.

“Doesn’t this random anger show you that your anxiety is just leading to even more problems? We need to make it stop, Alex. I know you want to make it stop. This isn’t like you,” Jack said.

Alex put his face in his hands, his voice muffled as he spoke. “I want to. I’m just embarrassed about it and I don’t want people knowing.”

“Hey, asking for help isn’t embarrassing or weak. It’s strong. You’ve said so yourself to the fans,” Jack pointed out, smiling sympathetically.

“Don’t use my own words against me,” Alex sighed, looking up at Jack. Jack just laughed and stood up, taking their dishes to the counter.

--------------------

“Hey Alex, come here!” Jack called out from the living room. He was looking through his computer, trying to find some sort of therapist to take Alex to. Alex came into the room, shirtless and buttoning his jeans up. He had just showered, insisting that he didn’t want to stink up Jack’s house. Jack had offered to let him stay here for a day or two so he could calm down a little.

“What?” Alex asked, sitting down next to him.

“I found a girl we can take you to. My mom suggested her,” Jack said, pointing at the therapist on the screen.

“You talked to your mom about it?” Alex whined, then paused and asked. “Your mom sees a therapist?”

“No, no, this is one of her friends. She works right in Baltimore. My mom said she might be able to help you out. Do you want me to make you an appointment with her?” Jack questioned.

Alex wrinkled his nose, “Well I don’t want any appointment at all, so…”

“Too bad. We’re going to see somebody. It’s either her or some really ugly guy that works here in Towson,” Jack said.

“Jack, we tried therapy already. It didn’t work. I don’t know why you’re making me go back. Please don’t,” Alex begged.

Jack shook his head, “No. We’re going to try it. The therapist that Flyzik took you to was really shitty. Hopefully this girl will be different. Just bear with me, okay Lex?”

“Fine. Make the appointment,” Alex sighed in defeat, crossing his arms. He stayed quiet as Jack called the office, making an appointment for him. He looked back up when Jack hung up the phone.

“Done. Two days from now in the morning,” Jack said. Alex was quiet, still crossing his arms at him. “Don’t pout at me. It’s for your own good.”

“I’ll pout as much as I want to,” Alex argued.

Jack rolled his eyes, scooting right next to Alex and putting his arms around him. “Are you seriously mad at me?”

“No. I can’t ever be mad at you, you asshole,” Alex said with a sigh, uncrossing his arms so he could hug Jack.

“Good. Now go put a shirt on. I’m not gonna let you sit there and taunt me all night with what I can’t have,” Jack said, pushing Alex up from the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one is Alex seeing a therapist... how's he gonna take it?

I'll update by next Sunday hopefully, but I'm taking the ACT on Saturday so I'll be busy most of the day!

Thanks to:
f0reverbr0ken
Vintage_Mary
BeautifullyTattooed
heyitsaada
coolstoryBrosif
ilalalovealltimelow
notabletoconnect
alltimealic3
sanneatlninja
Iceyythepenguin
krazy4gaskarth
PrincessFrankie
Broken_Capulet
kew_atl
sylarisahero
xrawrzx

for their comments! :)