‹ Prequel: Dangerous Minds
Status: Writing words lol

When It's Broke It's Perfect

What was that for?

There truly is nothing better than waking up to the cheery sound of a body bag being zipped up. That was sarcasm, if you're slow. I sighed, closing my bedroom door so that I wouldn't have to watch the corpse being wheeled away. Some kid had hung himself with his bed sheets during the night. I looked over at the window above my bed. I'm not sure how he did it, to be honest. The railings on the window are too low to hang somebody... whatever.

Oli was laying across his bed on his stomach. He was having a rare good day today, which put me in a good mood. I don't know why it does, I guess I've always had a soft spot for the northerner, bless him. It probably came from all the nights I had to comfort him when he first got here. I've been locked up in this place the longest, so I had the privilege of watching all the other guys freak out on their first night. Not Alex, of course. He never freaked out. He's been in and out of hospitals since he was a kid with his eating disorder, so he was used to the hauntingly pale rooms that we were forced to live in.

"I don't want my fucking meds!"

I tilted my head to the side, cocking my ear like a puppy. Puppy's are cute, I'm cute, you see the connection, right? I recognised that angry Welsh voice. The fuck was he doing here? I walked back over to my door and pulled it open. The body bag was gone, and down the hall stood Sean Smith, his arms crossed over his chest as he lent up against the wall outside of the medical bay.

"Sean, you have to take your medication." One of the nurses sighed, holding her palm which was dotted with a mixture of white pills and red capsules.

The blonde leant forward dramatically, then bent over backwards before largely stepping away. "No thank you. They're not my pills."

"Mr Smith-"

"They're not my fucking pills!" He shouted before breaking out into a fit of giggles. He quickly snapped his hand to his mouth and leapt forward, picking at the pills so that only the white one's where in his hand. "I'm not taking the others. They'll kill me."

The nurse sighed, still holding out her hand. "You won't die Sean, they'll help you calm down."

Sean gasped, leaping back again, throwing the white pills into the air. "But I don't want to calm down." He giggled before running off down the corridor and sliding into that Kellin guy's room.

What the actual fuck? I rushed forward, tapping on the door. Sean must have been readmitted last night. I'm not sure what for, but it's got to be serious to get him thrown in a second time after full clearance. "Seanie, it's me. Open the door, baby."

"Why should I?" The blonde demanded, sounding irritated. What was that for?

I gulped, trying to move the handle. "Because you're scaring me. What's gotten into you?" There was a tap on my shoulder, when I turned I was faced with six orderlies, one was holding a syringe. "What are you going to do to him?" I asked, not moving from my position in front of the door, keeping my eyes fixed on the needle.

Pearl, took me by the arm, pulling me to the side gently. "He's having Mania, sweetheart. He's to dangerous to be left alone."

I shook my head, snatching my arm away from her as the orderlies barged into Sean's room and hauled him out, throwing him onto a stretcher. I rushed over as his eyes started to slide shut. "Seanie?" I whispered, holding his hand. I would be angry, but they have me on what can only be describes as horse tranquillisers at the moment, so everything was hazy to me anyway.

Oli was stood at our bedroom door, watching, and quickly pulled me away back into our room when he noticed me looking at him. He walked me over to my bed where I crossed me legs and began to bite on one of my finger nails. "Why are they taking him away?" I asked, still not able to access the anger that was somewhere in my body.

Oli shrugged, sitting opposite to me. "For the same reason they took me away that time. They can't have us endangering over patients. Lawsuits and all that."

I shook my head, rubbing my brow. "But Sean isn't dangerous? He wasn't angry or anything."

"He doesn't have to be." Oli gave a small sigh, then lay down on his bed. "Mania's... weird. I get it sometimes. He'll be freaking out happy for the next week, really dramatic and shit, then he'll come down and probably try to top himself. But like, when you're happy, you feel invincible. He wouldn't understand if he was hurting someone... cause it would be fun."

"Weird." I muttered, also laying down. "Do you think he'll be okay? Where are they taking him?"

Oli turned his head to smile at me. "You really like him, don't you?" I blushed, nodding, making Oli grin. "Yeah, he'll be fine. There's a ward on the other side of the building where they keep the extra crazies. You'll probably be allowed to go and see him tomorrow, and if you're not, I'll sneak you over."

I smirked up at the ceiling. I fucking loved Oli.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wish I knew.