Status: Active!

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

10.

Jen's POV:

I've skipped school the past three days. I couldn't bear to see Alex, Rian, or Kara. Jack was the only one that was here for me. He had been coming over everyday after school and telling me everything that happened while I was gone. I couldn't go back, I would have one friend and he's friends with everyone who hates me. I needed to get out of here.

"Hey Jen." Jack said opening the door to my house.

"Hey." I said hugging him.

"Do you wanna know what happened today?" he asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Alright, well first off Rian and Kara are officially over. He dumped her today. Alex and Rian still arn't speaking to each other. Kara and Alex have been doing alot together, they go everywhere together. It's super weird, they hold hands and she wears his jackets, it's really weird." Jack said.

"Are they...together?" I asked sounding hurt.

"Nah I don't think so, if Alex liked her, he'd tell me. He's just in a weird place right now and so is she so they've just...I don't know, bonded I guess." he said.

I looked down. Alex has possibly moved on? Amd with my best friend? Well ex-best friend.I guess I deserved it though.

"It'll be okay Jennifer, you'll find someone great soon." he said.

Maybe I could give Jack a chance. He was so sweet, he cared for me, he was cute, and I know he liked me.

"Maybe I already have someone great." I said hugging him.

"Oh Jen, I love you so much." he said hugging back.

"I know. And I'm sorry I never gave you a chance, I truely am." I said.

"Maybe now you can." he said quietly.

"I don't know Jack, I just got out of a relationship, and it was with your best friend. I've been with two of your friends, do you honestly still want me?" I asked.

"I would still want you if you hooked up with the entire school." he said laughing.

Who knows, maybe Jack and I could have potential. But I honestly doubt it, I already went into one relationship with mixed feelings and I sure as hell didn't need to go into another.I didn't like Jack in that way, I never have. I'm just feeling like this because I'm hurt I guess.

A few hours after Jack left I sat alone on the couch. I was always alone in this big, empty house. I couldn't handle it anymore, I did need to leave. I got up and put on a jacket and some shoes, grabbed my keys and left the house. I had no idea where I'd go, but anywhere was better than here. I got in the car and drove to one of the few music stores I havn't been to. I wanted to find something I havn't heard that would get my mind off of everything that was going on.

Once I found a music store, I got out and walked in. It was almost 11 so I was the only one here other than the employees. I started looking for a Simple Plan album, Jack had been begging for me to listen to them so why not try now? I looked but I couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to ask one of the workers to help me. I walked over to the counter where a guy with dark hair, plugs, and gorgeous eyes stood. My god he was really good looking.

"Hey can I help you with something?" he asked giving me a smile.

"Um, hi. Can you help me find a cd?" I asked.

"Sure. Whatcha looking for?" he asked.

"Simple Plan." I said.

"Ah, of course I love them. Follow me." he said stepping out from behind the counter and leading me to a section by a window. He was probably the most attractive guy I have ever seen.

"Here ya go." he said handing me the cd.

"Thank you."

"Anytime. Are you a Simple Plan fan?" he asked.

"This will be my first time hearing them actually. My friend keeps begging me to listen to them." I said.

"Oh well, when you're done listening to it come back and tell me if you liked it." he said smiling.

"I'll be sure to do that." I said smiling

"I'm Matt by the way." he said.

"Jen."

"Nice to meet you, I'll see you when you come back Jen." he said.

"Bye." I said waving and walking out the door.

Whoa. He wanted to see me again? This rocked. He was really hot, his voice was so beautiful, and his eyes were the most perfect eyes I had ever seen. I was gonna go home, sleep, wake up in the morning and listen to this cd just so I could come back and see him again. Meeting Matt had been the best thing that had happened to me since the break up, and I couldn't wait to come back tomarrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay she finally met Matt!!!! Comment please c:
Title credit to Caraphernelia- Pierce The Veil