Status: Active!

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

11.

The album was perfect. Every song I heard made me think of Matt which was odd since I had one conversation with him. I had felt something last night, a spark I guess? I don't know, but it was something I never felt with Alex, Rian, or Jack. I told Jack not to come over today, I didn't want to know what was going on with anybody anymore. I was over feeling sorry for myself. It was time to move on from Alex, Rian, and Kara.

It was 7 and I was about to leave to get some food before going back to the music store to see Matt when a familiar car pulled up to my house. Rian got out and ran over to me.

"Jen, why havn't you been at school?" he asked.

"Rian I'm busy can we talk about this later?" I asked.

"No. Jen you can't just run away from all of your prombles. Yes, you and Alex are done but that doesn't mean you just start living under a rock." he said.

"Okay you know what Rian? I don't need your input right now, I'm not going to school because I don't want to. It's not like I have any friends that miss me anyways. The only person that has tried to communicate with me is Jack. Where were you? Oh that's right nowhere." I said.

"I'm your friend. Please come back, I know it's difficult seening Alex but I have to face Kara everyday. I just miss you." he said.

Why was he doing this? I didn't need him to ruin my good mood by pressuring me to go back to school.

"Sorry Rian, I gotta go. If you wanna hang out later we can, but I'm starving and I need food so I'll see you later. Call me or come over just don't talk to me about Alex or Kara ever again. I'm over thinking things will get better with them, you should do the same." I said walking towards my car and getting in.

I put the Simple Plan cd into my car and drove to a fast food drive through for a quick bite. It only took me a few minutes to eat, then I started driving to the music store.

Once I got there, I got out and locked the car and walked inside the store.

"Hey you're back." Matt said smiling at me

"Yeah I'm back." I said smiling.

"How did you like the album?" he asked.

"I loved it!" I said.

"Yeah it's a great album." he said.

"So Matt, do you work here everyday?" I asked.

"Yep, it's my cousin's music store and I love music so I got a job here about two years ago." he said.

"Rad. Owning a music store is my dream." I said.

"Really? That's my dream too. I've always wanted to own one in Chicago, I think it would be a great place to open one up. With like a view of the Chicago skyline, it'd be perfect." he said.

"That sounds like a really cool idea. Have you looked at spots in Chicago?" I asked.

"Nah, I'll probably never move out of Maryland, everything I know is here. But who knows, maybe one day." he said.

"I can't wait to move out of Maryland, there's too many memories here and it's just alot to handle." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry, you probably don't wanna talk about it." he said,

"There's just alot that's going on right now, and you probably don't want to hear me talk about it." I said.

"You can tell me if you want to, sometimes it's good to talk about it." he said.

I sighed. I hated talking about it, but I did feel comfortable telling Matt.

"Well, I had a boyfriend and he told me he loved me but I didn't love him so then I went to one of my friends' party and I kinda hooked up with my other friend Rian who was my boyfriend's best friend and my best friend's boyfriend. So my boyfriend found out and now we're over and I think he's with my best friend. It's really complicated sorry." I said.

"Wow, I'm really sorry all of that happened to you Jen. I hope everything gets better." he said.

"It is, I'm pretty much over it." I said.

Matt got up and went over to the volume button on the wall.

"What's your favorite album?" he asked.

"Take This To Your Grave by Fall Out Boy." I said.

He walked over to the Fall Out Boy section and grabbed the album. He put it in the stereo and turned up the volume.

"This is a really great album." he said walking back over to me and sitting on the ground.

"I know, it's like the best thing ever written." I said sitting next to him.

We sang along to "Chicago Is So Two Years Ago" , "Homesick At Spacecamp" , and "Where Is Your Boy".

"Hey Jen, do you think we could maybe go out sometime?" he asked.

Holy shit. Matt is asking me out?!?

"Yeah, that'd be awesome." I said smiling.

"Cool. Wanna meet me here Saturday?" he asked.

"Sure." I said smiling.

"Awesome." he said looking at his watch. "Holy shit it's already 12. We've been here for 4 hours? Sure doesn't feel like it." he said.

"Ah I better get back home then." I said getting up.

"He got up and went over to the door.

"Okay, bye Jen. I'll see you Saturday." he said hugging me.

"Bye." I said hugging back.

He opened the door for me and I walked out and got in my car.

Whoa. Matt asked me out. I couldn't wait for Saturday, that's for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it feels really rushed but I'm just trying to get past the awkwardness.
Comment please!
Title credit The Left Side Of Everywhere- Sleeping with Sirens