Status: Active!

Memories That Fade Like Photographs

08.

Jack skipped school today, probably so he wouldn't have to see me. He had liked me for the longest time and I had hooked up with two of his friends and had never even given him a chance. And all this confusion with telling Alex had been getting to me and I didn't know what to do. Telling him would ruin our relationship and break his heart, but if I didn't tell him somebody else would and I'd be a cheater, a whore, and a shady bitch.

I sat down at our lunch table next to Kara with Alex in front of me and Rian next to Alex.

"So we never got all the details on the party, Jen you said it sucked but Rian you said it was awesome." Alex said.

I glared at Rian.

"Like I said, it sucked. You two missed out on nothing but some lame kids from Zack's school." I said.

"Jen, you thought the party was lame?" Rian asked.

"Yes, if I could go back in time, I wouldn't have gone." I said.

"Really? Because I thought it was super fun, but I guess you didn't though." Rian said looking upset.

It wasn't because I though the party wasn't fun, meeting Zack's friends was okay but hooking up with Rian was the worst thing I've ever done. The guilt was tearing me apart.

I wanted to tell Alex, I really did. I needed to, the guilt was killing me slowly but surely. I asked him to come over after school so I could tell him.

Alex was knocking on the door.

"Hey." I said opening the door.

"Hey so what do you wanna do?" he asked.

"I need to tell you something." I said.

"Okay, what's up?"

Actually telling him was the hard part, the look in his eyes when he would hear me tell him I cheated on him would be horrible. And that's why I decided not to tell him, I couldn't break his heart like this.

"Uh I just wanted to tell you how great you are, and I'm glad you're my boyfriend." I said with a fake smile.

"Thanks Jen, that means alot." he said hugging me.

"I gotta go get some stuff ready so, I'll see you tomarrow." I said getting up.

"Bye, love you." he said walking to the door.

"Bye." I said.

Jack's POV-

I can't believe Jen was going around acting like everything was fine. She acted like cheating on Alex was nothing. Alex was my friend and he needed to know what she did, so I knew what I had to do. I walked over to my computer and went to Word. I was going to write Alex an anonymous letter saying what Jen had done. I felt bad, but I was in love with Jennifer and once Alex finds out he'll end it with her and she'll tell me everything and I can finally show her I'm the one for her. I've been the right guy for her all these years, and I though she never gave me a chance because we had been such good friends, but after she tells me she cheated on Alex with one of his friends, I knew it was just because Alex was in the way.

I typed up the letter and printed it. I would put it in Alex's locker and he'd read it, show Rian and I, then tell Jen he knew her secret. Then he'd dump her and she'd come straight to me.

The next morning I got to school earlier than anybody else and headed straight to Alex's locker. When I got there, I pulled the letter out of my backpack and read it over to make sure there was no mistakes, then I shoved it in his locker and walked away.

This was good for a few reasons. One being Alex would know what Jen did, which he needed to. Two being Jen would possibly want me. And three, nobody would know I did it.

Alex's POV-

I picked up Jen and drove to school, she had been acting extremly different around me lately, and I didn't know if it was because I told her I loved her, or because of something else. But whatever it was, I tried not to focus on it. Right now our relationship was perfect.

I got out to open Jen's door and she stepped out.

"Thanks." she mumbled.

"Uh, you're welcome." I said.

She walked away with Kara when they met up so I headed to my locker.

When I got there, a note flew out. What the hell? Did Jen send me a note or something? I picked it up and read it:

Alex,
You know that your girlfriend Jennifer went to a party Friday night, but do you really know what happend? I'm sure she didn't tell you everything that went on that night. First off, she cheated on you with your friend Rian, who has a grilfriend as well. Second, she slept in the same bed as him and who knows what they did. And lastly, she obviously has been keeping it from you. I feel sorry for you, you must have had no idea what a slut your own girlfriend is.
-Anonymous

What the fuck? Was this letter true? Jen cheated on me? This is why she had been acting different. Jen fucking cheated on me, I couldn't believe this. The girl I loved cheated on me, she broke my fucking heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit The Dilemma- YMAS