Status: I will update as often as possible

But I Swear to God I'm Gonna Change the World

Is this what you call a family?

I walked through my front door. Dad either wasn't home yet or he was in the garage, working on his car. Usually it was between those two. I walked upstairs, to my room and sat my schoolbag on the floor, near my desk. My room was looking a bit messy so I decided to pick it up a bit. I'm not really the type of person who is always cleaning, but when it need to be done I did it. I put my ipod on it's dock and turned it up loud.

'I'm going crazy, Cause there are things in the streets I don't believe' I sang along to Have Faith in Me by A Day To Remember as I made my bed. Once I was done, I sat down at my desk and opened my laptop. I had 15 notifications on facebook. Mostly app invites that I didn't care about from people who I didn't care about. Whatever. I shut my laptop and walked to my ipod dock and turned it off. I walked out of my door and back downstairs and into the living room. My Mom was sitting on the couch watching Family Guy. She looked a little down.

"Hey Mom, what's up?" I said and sat down beside her. She looked up and put a smile on her face.
"Nothing, just waiting for your brothers to get home from Jake's so I can start dinner. Jake's staying over tonight." she said and turned back to the TV.
"That's cool. He's a good kid." She nodded. Just then, my two brothers, Will and Jesse walked in with Jake tagging along. Mom got up and walked to the kitchen to start the food. The boys walked upstairs and I walked to the garage to see if Dad was there. Nope. He must still be working. I sat down on the couch and waited for dinner to be ready.

"Kids! Supper's ready!" Mom called out of the kitchen doorway. Me and the boys walked to the kitchen.
"Hey Mom, is Dad working late tonight?" Jesse asked.
"Something like that," she said and set the food on the table. The whole meal was eaten in silence and I mean complete silence. For no reason at all, so when my phone went off, everyone turned to me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at it. It was a text from my friend Vic. It said 'Hey gurllllll. What's up?" I began to text back when my Mom snatched the phone from my hands. Usually my Dad was the type of person to do things like that. I looked up at her with curiosity.
"No phones at the dinner table." another thing something my Dad would say. I finished my meal and put my plate in the sink.
"Can I have my phone back? I need to call Dad for something." I really didn't, I just wanted my phone back.

"Not everything's about your damn Dad!" she yelled.
"Mom. What's wrong with you?" I said looking down. She was being really weird.
"Sit down. Now." she snapped. I sat down in my chair. "I didn't want to say this in front of Jake but I should probably tell you now."
"What is it Mom?" Will asked.
"Your Dad's not coming home tonight," she said. "Or ever."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Your Dad and I are getting a divorce." she said and looked down.
"What the fuck?! Why?" I stood up and raised my voice.
" SELENE. WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE."
"Don't tell me what to do! I wanna know why my parents are getting a divorce! AND I DESERVE TO KNOW." I said pointing at myself "ALL OF US DO!"
"Don't raise your voice at me, young lady!" She stood up and got in my face.

"Calm the fuck down Mom! Don't start a riot in front of my friend!" Will yelled.
"Sit your little ass down, Will. I got this." I said to him.
"No you don't1 You're the one who started this whole thing!" he said getting into my face as well.
"I just want to know why Dad is leaving us! Don't you want to know too?" I asked, tears developing in my eyes. I can't believe my Dad is leaving. My parents always seemed so happy. What was going on?
"I had an affair alright?! Everyone sit down and chill out!" she said.
"You fucking cheated on Dad? What's wrong with you?" I yelled, Getting in her face.
"Oh calm down! It was a few times!" and she smacked me.
"You know what? I'm out of here." I grabbed my phone off of the table and my jacket off of the couch and ran out of the door. Great, it was raining.

I walked a few blocks down and knocked on the door. Vic answered, and he didn't have a shirt on. Damn he looked good. But there was no time to think about that fiasco.
"Selene? What are you doing here?" he asked. "I mean, you can come whenever you want, I'm just curious. It's raining and it looks like you walked"
"Can I stay here tonight? I can't go back to that house. My Mom is crazy," I said.
"Sure. Come on in. My parents are gone for the weekend. It's just me and Mike, and apparently you, but that's okay. Now tell me what happened."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's not that long and there's a lot of dialogue. Sorry about that. This is just a chapter to get it started, I guess. So not really a filler but at the same time it is? I don't know.

Chapter Title credit goes to A Trophy Father's Trophy Son.