Status: I will update as often as possible

But I Swear to God I'm Gonna Change the World

Bad news

"I can't believe you guys had sex in my house. Nasty, nasty," Tony said. We were walking home from school. I held my finished painting from art class in my hand. It was the best painting I've ever done by myself. Vic had his arm around me and Tony was on the other side of him.
"You two had sex at Tony's house?" Jaime asked. "Vic, you dog"
"We didn't have sex. We made love," I corrected, laughing.
"Hey, Sel. Is that your phone ringing?" Vic pointed out. I nodded and pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was my Dad.
"Hi Daddy."
"Selene! I've been worried sick!" He basically yelled.
"Calm down, Dad. I've been at school. Where did you think I was?"
"Well you didn't call me last night. I was worried something may have happened."
"Nothing happened. We were exhausted when we got to Tony's house last night. I'm sorry I didn't call last night. I'm fine."
"Come home. I have something to tell you and I can't just tell you over the phone."
"Alright. I'll see you then." I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket.

"My Dad wants me to come home. I'm sorry guys." we were coming onto my house when I said that. We stopped walking at my mailbox.
"Bye, Vic. I love you," I whispered into his ear and when for a peck on the lips when he pulled me closer. We pulled apart a few seconds later.
"I love you too, Selene. I'll call you tonight." I walked up to my door and waved one last time before closing the door behind him. My brothers and my Dad were sitting on the couch with serious looks on their faces when I walked in.
"What's up?" I said, sitting on the loveseat.
"Sel, I have to tell you something. Well, a few things. You're not going to like them, but you're going to have to deal with it," my dad said. I nodded for him to go on.
"Okay, well first of all, your mom isn't the one who cheated. I was the one who had the affair," I creased my eyebrows.
"What?!" I nearly yelled.
"Now, Selene. You have to listen to the rest for me please?" I rolled my eyes, but nodded. "Your mom got into a little incident last night. She got herself arrested. She's going to be in jail for quite a long time."
"What did she do?" I asked. She was probably caught with pills or other drugs.
"She doesn't want me to tell you. I've been staying with my friend in Ohio. Until I can get my feet on the ground, we're all going to have to stay up there with them. Tomorrow, we head up to Ohio. I want you to pack your things tonight. You're not going to go to school tomorrow, I've already took you out of your school and called a school up there. You're going to the same school as my friends son." I shook my head.

"No," I muttered. I stood up. "No. I have friends here. I can't leave them. I'm not leaving my bestfriends. I can just stay with Vic and his family. His parents love me. I know they will let me stay." tears began to build up in my eyes and a lump formed in my throat.
"You're going to Ohio with the family. My friend has a son around your age. You guys can be friends. Everything's going to be okay."
"What makes you think everything will be okay? Nothing will be okay. Do you understand how fucked up I was without those boys? They keep me grounded. I can't ditch them for some loser in Ohio," I yelled and walked out the door. Guess where I was headed? I knocked on his door. His Mom answered.
"He's up in his room. Go on up, sweetheart," she said and closed the door behind me. I loved their house because they always kept it warm. I walked upstairs and knocked on his door.
"Yeah?" he said.
"Can I come in?" I asked.
"Selene? What are you doing here? Of course you can come in," He answered. I opened the door and went straight to his bed, burying my head in his pillow. He walked over and pulled me up so I was sitting next to him.
"What's wrong, darling?" he asked.
"I can't tell you. You're going to be mad at me." I wasn't full on bawling, but I had tears building up on the rim of my eyes until I blinked, which sent them on their way down my cheeks.
"Are you.. breaking up with me?" he asked, worried.
"No no no, heavens no. It's worse than that." I started to fidget. How can I tell him that I'm moving away from him? I love him.
"What is it? I want to know. but, If you don't want to or if it's uncomfortable, I understand."
"Okay. My Mom is in jail. My dad is making me move to Ohio with him. We're going to live with some friend of his until he gets back on his feet. I've tried asking him about maybe staying here, since I basically live here anyway, but he refused," I babbled. He wrapped his arms around me
"If he thinks it's best, then I think you should listen to him. He is your father after all."
"But Vic, I'm sorry, but I can't leave. I can't lose you. I love you. The feelings I have towards you are stronger than I'd like to admit. Even my feelings towards the guys. Not exactly in the same way I feel about you, but I love them too. I can't leave you all behind. I won't be able to make it through," I choked out. This whole situation was taking a pretty big toll on me.
"When do you have to leave?" he asked. He was beginning to get choked up too.
"Tomorrow afternoon.. I'm already out of school. I have to pack tonight." I leaned on him.
"Do you think your Dad would mind me staying over to help you pack?" he wondered.
"He better. If not, I'd still like you staying anyway. It's my last night here and I want to spend every minute of it with you. Let's go, before my Dad worries."

We talked to Vic's mom about the situation. She seemed pretty upset. Vic got some clothes and we started walking towards my house. When I walked through the front door, I could feel the tension just the way I had left it. Dad said it was alright for Vic to stay as long as I was packed by tomorrow at noon. There was no more stress put onto the subject. We walked upstairs into my room and I looked at all of the shit I had to pack up. There were some empty boxes leaning against the wall along with thing of moving tape.
"Um I'll just get the stuff on the shelves. You can do any other part of my room, I guess," I said and started pulling little knick-knacks off of the shelf. Gymnastic trophies, books, pictures.
"What's this?" Vic grinned. He was holding up a composition notebook. I sprinted over to him but he turned, so I jumped on his back. I didn't know exactly what it was, but I didn't want it to be something that I wrote in middle school that would embarrass the hell out of me.
"Give me the notebook, Fuentes!" I exclaimed. He opened the notebook up and began reading.
"Aw how sweet," he mocked and held it up for me to see. I read the continents of the page carefully, my cheeks getting redder and redder as I went down.
"You had a crush on me for that long?" he asked as I jumped off of his back.
"Well yeah. I already told you this, you loser." I smacked him with the notebook.

After hours and hours of packing, the only thing left unpacked was my bed. We were laying on our sides, with my head buried in his chest.
"I'm going to miss you so much," he grunted.
"You think I won't miss you? I'm sure I'll miss you more. There's not a time I can think of when I had a problem and you didn't help me through it."
"Are we going to have to break up? I don't like long distance relationships. They always fail. I'd rather us go out on good terms and with reason, then from something that happened because we were too far apart."
"Yeah, I think we will need to," I agreed.
"I tell you what. Take this. I was going to save it for another time, but I want you to have something to remember me by." he fumbled around in his pocket and pulled out a ring. Not an engagement ring, just a ring. He slipped the silver halo around my finger and kissed it.
"Here. I have something that you can remember me by. It's not anything as beautiful as this ring, but here." I handed him a stuffed monkey. It had a letter in it that I had written, inside a pocket in the back. I decided not to show him it, just let him discover it by himself.
"Aw look how cute" he said. We lay in bed, just as close as we could get to each other, all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me!