Status: I will update as often as possible

But I Swear to God I'm Gonna Change the World

Hospital Bound

"Selene! Wake up, sweetie," I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes. I could smell the familiar smell of rubbing alcohol and rubber. I was in a hospital room. My father was leaning over my bed.
"She's awake! She's awake!" my dad called to the nurse. A doctor walked in. He looked down at his clipboard and looked back at me.
"How do you feel?" he asked.
"Better, I guess... why am I here? I mean, I remember what happened at school, but why am I in the hospital? Is something wrong with me?" I asked. My heart started to beat faster.

"See, we think you have developed a sort of, not really a disease, but a condition. It's just a condition where you may faint at times. You'll get really dizzy for a moment and then you'll just conk out. It shouldn't happen very often. We don't know what the cause is. Something may have happened when you were young to cause this. You have to be careful. When you hit the ground, you hit your head and you were knocked out for a few hours."

"What time is it?" I asked the doctor.
"it's about 5:30," the doctor said looking at his watch.
"Now, you can't leave just yet. We did some tests to make sure you didn't damage any part of your brain when you hit your head. We're going to have you stay overnight while we wait for results."
"Can I call someone? Or will that mess with machines and junk? Because I've heard that phones can do that."
"No, no. You can call whoever you'd like." he said and walked out of the room. My dad handed me my phone. I dialed Vic's number and waited for an answer.

"Selene? Are you okay?" he asked. His voice was worried.
"I'm okay. Do you think you could come down here and see me? I have to stay here until the results of tests come in."
"Of course I will. The guys and I will be there, momentarily." I hung up the phone and looked at my dad. He still looked worried.
"Dad, what's wrong?" I asked him.
"Nothing. I just don't want you to get hurt. What if one day you faint and no one's there to help you?"
"Don't say 'what if'. It's just a sign of doubt. Someone will always be there to catch me. It may be you, it may be Vic, but I won't hit the ground again. After this, I know the guys won't let me out of their sight again. They care about me, Dad. You might not like them, but they're like brothers to me."

A few minutes later, the guys walked in and hugged me.
"Hey guys," I said and waved a pathetic wave.
"Thank god you're okay," Vic said, rushing to me and kissed me on the lips. "I was so worried about you."
I looked at my dad. You could see in his eyes that he didn't like that Vic kissed me.
"So what happened?" Mike asked, changing the subject as he noticed the same thing that I did.
"Well, apparently I have some type of 'condition' where I faint at random times, or something. It sounds really stupid, but the doctor said I have to be careful because I'll need someone there when it happens or I'll get hurt." I shuffled around a little bit and sat up.
"I also have to stay overnight because when I fainted last time, I hit my head and they're doing some tests or something."
"But you're okay right? You're not going to die?" Tony asked. I nodded my head.
"I'm just happy that Aaron was there. I mean, I hate him and I was trying to make him go away when it happened, but he got help," I said.

"I like that kid," my dad said.
"He's weird."
"He likes you, Selene."
"Dad, he stalks me."
"Whatever. I think you would look good together." I rolled my eyes. He's a freak. I don't know why, but ever since I started hanging out with Vic and the guys, he's been trying to get me with anyone but them.
"Dad," as soon as I started my sentence, I stop. There was an awkward silence for a while.

"Um.. Excuse me.. I hate to interrupt, but visiting hours are over in about ten minutes. Unless you are her father, than you must leave. I'm sorry," the nurse said, peeking into the room. I got up out of bed to give the guys a hug. I wrapped my arms around Vic and buried my head in his chest.
"I love you, Vic," I whispered into his ear, his hair brushing against my face.
"I love you too, Selene. I'll see you when you get to come home, or whatever." he said and pecked me on the cheek. I walked over to Tony.
"Bye turtle." I gave him a hug.
"See you soon, Sel." I walked over to Jaime.
"Homie!" I tried not to be loud when I hugged him. I walked over to Mike.
"Bye, nigga," I said and gave him a hug. They walked out of the room and I walked back to the bed. My dad made his way to my bed.

"So what's going on between you and that Fuentes fella?" he asked, with his eyebrows raised.
"Well wasn't it obvious?" I asked, situating myself in bed.
"Don't get smart with me. How long has this been going on?"
"Officially since yesterday." I said. I knew he would turn this into something big. He knew that I liked him, I don't know why he's bringing this up as something bad.
"Selene.." he started.
"Dad. Wether you like it or not, we're together. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise. It's better than me going out with someone that I barely know."
"I suppose you're right. I really just don't want you to get hurt. You know how I am about these things."
"I know, Dad. I know. Hey, I'm going to go to sleep. Could you turn off that lamp for me, please?" he nodded his head and turned off the lamp.

I sunk into the mattress. I hate hospital beds. The mattresses are so stiff and the beds aren't big enough. The pillows smell like cardboard and feel like they're stuffed with newspaper. I beat my hand on the pillow and try to get comfortable. All I could think about was going back to school. Everyone's going to ask if I'm okay. Everyone's going to try to talk to me. I will want to kill everyone. My Mom probably doesn't even know what happened. She's probably knocked out on the couch with bottles of alcohol surrounding her again. That, or she's in bed with some guy she barely knows. It's pitiful. I close my eyes and tried to sleep. Though, I lay there for about an hour before I actually do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is a filler obviously.
FEEDBACK IS GOOD.