Status: NEW

So Fragile Yet So Devious

No One Can Read Her Like He Can

"Heyyy man." Mick waved as his large frame entered the door of the shop. Jeremy was busy finishing up a backpiece for a long time client but still managed to stop for a second to wave him over. "What's up?"
"I'm just about to be finished. Take a seat."
"Alex and Corey get back yet?"
"Nope.......last i heard they were about to leave." He did the last little bit of shading and sent the client on his way. "Could i talk to you about something?"
"Yeah, sure."
"You know how she's like really close with Corey?"
He smirked, "Duh."
"I kind of went off on her about leaving with him yesterday..."
"My guess is that didn't turn out very good."
He shook his head, "I just want her to not constantly drop all her shit to go see him and do shit for him."
"Man, good luck. She's been that way since she was a kid. She and Corey just have this thing going. They've always been close. So, she's not just going to backdown too easily."
"Well, I didn't tell her. I told him."
"What are you talking about?"
"I told him to stay away from her." He told him without blinking.
"You're not fucking serious."
"You think he'll listen?"
"If he thinks that she's happy with you, he probably will." He sighed. "And believe me, no one can read her like he can. He can look at her and tell how she's feeling."

Meanwhile...

"I love this song!" She squealed as he carefully guided his vehicle down the busy highway on their way back.
He rolled his eyes, "Are you serious?"
"Yeah!" She reached for the volume knob on his car stereo and turned it up. He was shaking his head at her as she started to sing along with the tune loudly. She even turned to where her melodies were right in his ear.
"I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby. Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby. Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me. Ooooooooooooh."
He turned for a split second to laugh at her, "You're ridiculous."
"Yeah, but you love it." She chortled.
"You do have a point there."
She continued to sing, "I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby. Come with me Friday. Don't say 'maybe'. Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby. Like you. Ooooooooohhhhh."
They both had tears in their eyes from laughing so hard.

"So, whatcha got planned for tonight?"
She sighed, "Jeremy wants to go to dinner or something i think. I kind of don't want today to end."
"Yeah, me either." He glanced down at his hands awkwardly as they stood next to her car in his driveway. "Thanks again for going with me."
"Anytime." She said standing up on her toes giving him a hug and nestling her face against his neck. He probably would've given anything so he wouldn't have to let her go.