Status: NEW

So Fragile Yet So Devious

You Excited?

"You excited about tomorrow?" Jeremy asked referring to her birthday. She shrugged against his chest as he held her.

"I don't know....I guess....It's just a birthday."

His brow furrowed, "Well, you seem thrilled. What if I told you I had a surprise planned for you?"

"Do you?" She halfway smiled at him.

"Mmmhmm." He nodded.

"What is it?"

"Well, if i tell you then it won't be much of a surprise."

"Fair enough. You told everyone where it's at right?"

He groaned. By 'everyone', he knew she meant Corey. "Your brother should've let everyone know."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He kissed her plump lips. "I'm gonna head home. I moved all my appointments up so i could still get everything finished before your party. So, I have to be up pretty early."

She nodded, "I'll see you tomorrow then." He gave her a quick hug then she watched as he shut the door behind him when he made his exit. She tried to watch some t.v. but she couldn't keep her mind focused on it long enough. Looking up at the clock on the wall, she saw that it read 10:57p.m. Hopping up from her sofa, she grabbed her wallet and keys. He never was one to go to bed early so she was betting that Corey might still be up and figured she'd go see him.

Hearing a faint knock, his bare feet crept towards the door. When he checked out of the crescent-shaped glass, he was surprised to see her.

"How'd you know I was up?" He asked her with a grin.

"Because you're an insomniac." She answered as she strode past him and inside the house.

"What are you doin' here? So excited you can't sleep?" He joked as he walked past her to retrieve his cherry Pepsi off the coffee table and resuming his spot on his couch. She sat down next to him.

"Something like that." She sat next to him leaning her petite frame against his. "You're coming tomorrow, right?"

"Where is it?"

"No one told you?"

He shook his head, "Nope. Haven't heard a word from anyone."

"Jeremy said Mick was supposed to tell everyone....." She frowned and turned slightly away from him.

"Hey," He hooked his fingertips on her chin to rotate her face to meet his. "Where is it?"

"That Italian place on 23rd..."

"I'll be there." His smile was brilliant. "How else am i gonna give you your present?"

"You got me a present?" She sounded like a little kid again and he laughed.

"Don't I always?"

"What is it?"

"That's for me to know, and you to find out." He said thumping her on the nose. "i was about to put a movie in before you got here. Wanna pick something out and watch it with me?"

"Sure." She jumped up to peruse his DVD shelf for something to watch. He rolled his eyes a little when she popped 'Edward Scissorhands' into his DVD player. She'd always loved that movie and, truthfully, that was the only reason he even kept a copy of it around. He watched as she smiled as watched Johnny Depp on the screen.

He watched as she shivered a little bit and curled her small frame up on her end of his couch. Next thing he knew, she was cuddled up close to him with her head laying against his shoulder.

"Cold?"

"Mmmhmm." She nodded without moving her green eyes away from the television screen. He let his arms encompass her body in an attempt to warm her up a little. He could hear Jeremy's words from days ago echoing in his head but he couldn't give two fucks about what he wanted. All that mattered was that she was with HIM. in HIS house. on HIS couch. in HIS arms.

He gripped her tighter as he turned the bodies down so that they could let across the couch and, perhaps, get more comfortable. His breath hit her neck warmly as they there.

When the movie wound down to its end and the disc returned them its start menu, he glanced at the screen on his phone. It read 12:07a.m.

"Hey." He said softly. "It's after midnight. Happy Birthday, Dolly."

The smile she gave him was one of the most sweet, caring smiles he'd ever had the pleasure of witnessing in his whole life.

"Thanks, Cor." She said placing a kiss on his neck and snuggled closer to him and fell asleep.