Status: NEW

So Fragile Yet So Devious

I Didn't Say It Back

His still somewhat drunken hands ran their way around her body inspecting every single curve she had to offer with great pleasure as they kept their kiss steady. He smiled against her lips as he felt her hands working at the buttons of his black shirt. His eyes fell towards her couch and he began to push her in that direction with intent. He'd barely had time to lay her down on the cushions when they heard the door open.

"The fuck?!" Jeremy yelled before unceremoniously shoving Corey off of his girlfriend to the floor. "Get the fuck off her."

"Don't talk to him like that." She ordered.

He shook his head, "I can't believe this. This why you had your brother bring you home?"

She rolled her eyes as she helped her friend up. He stumbled a little and Jeremy took notice.

"That's not it at all. He was here when I got home."

"What do you mean he was here?"

"He was on the couch...."

"Hold on a minute.....so, he broke into your apartment..... and i can tell he's drunk.....What if he'd done something to you?"

"Do you honestly think Corey would hurt me?"

"Hello." Corey waved. "Still in the room."

"Didn't I tell you stay the hell away from her?"

"You did what?!"

Corey nodded and as he straightened his nearly unbottoned, wrinkled black dress shirt. "You did. And I might have listened if I really thought you made her happy. but I can tell that smile she puts on for you is fake." Next thing they knew, Jeremy was swinging at Corey and he was swinging back. They'd made so much noise as they fought that the neighbors had called the police who showed up immediately and placed both men in handcuffs.

"Hey."

"Mick, I need a favor."

"Umm. Ok...."

"I need you to meet me at the police station and bail Corey out of jail...."

"Excuse me. Corey's in jail? Why's he in jail?"

"Well, Jeremy is too, but we just need to get Corey out."

"But Jeremy's your....Alex, what's going on?"

"It's a long story. Just meet me there."

"No, I'll come pick you up. You're going to fill me in on what the fuck's going on....then we'll go get whoever it is that we need to get."

"So...." Mick started.

"So...."

"Alex...."

"Yeah?"

"What happened?"

She sighed, "I got home....Corey was on my couch and-"

"How'd he get on your couch?"

"He found the hide-a-key." He nodded and she continued. "Anyway, somethings happened....Jeremy walked in and they got in a fight."

"Why do I feel like you're leaving out some key parts of the story?"

"Okay, so maybe we kissed........on the couch.........laying down...."

"If you're about to say you were naked, I'm gonna throw up."

"Oh, no, we were fully clothed...." She assured him.

"Well, that's good to hear."

"Oh, God." She gasped making a sudden realization.

"What? What's the matter?"

"He told me he loves me...."

"Umm. Okay?"

"I never said it back. I just kissed him. I didn't tell him I loved him back."

"Well, if you ended up on the couch I'm sure he inferred it..."

"But what if he didn't? What if he's sitting in jail wondering how I feel?"

"Would you listen to yourself for two seconds?" Her brother laughed at her as he pulled into a parking spot in front the police station.

"Wait. Are you like....okay with all this?"

"You're an adult now. I can't tell you what to do." He shrugged as he pulled the keys out of the ignition. "You two have always been close. I mean....I've seen Corey pull his fair share of bullshit but I think he's good for you. Better than Jeremy was."

"Taylor!" The bailiff called towards him as he sat in the cell across from Jeremy. "You've made bail."

"Thank god." He mumbled and stood up. He looked to his foe and smirked to himself a little. He just knew Alex had bailed him out and she was about to come around that corner any second. However, when her much taller and larger older brother was the face Corey saw walking towards him, he didn't quite know what to expect.

"Am I too late? They haven't made you shower with the general population yet have they?" Mick said seriously to which he rolled his eyes. He stepped out of the cell and they heard Jeremy whimper behind them.

"What about me?"

"What about you?" Mick countered with a raised eyebrow.

"You're just getting him out?" Mick nodded.

"Yeah, I was told to let your ass sit in here a while." He smiled warmly as Corey chuckled to himself.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of angelic arms wind themselves around his midsection. He knew exactly who it was and couldn't help but sigh through his wide smile. He turned around to meet her gaze.

"Hey." She gleamed.

"Hey." He smiled back to her.

They stood there for a couple of minutes just staring at each other and exchanging grins before Mick finally piped up.

"I hate to interrupt this riveting conversation.....but can we go now?" The pair just nodded and followed him out to the car.