Status: Slowly progressing...

The Reckless and The Brave

Chapter 1

Music sailed through the air like a light blanket as bodies pressed up against each other. They were hardly dancing to the music, just letting their teenage hormones flow and take control. Jasey rolled her eyes in disdain, but truth be told, it was probably only the fact that she had only half of her signature red solo cup that kept her from being out there with them. She scanned the room, desperately hoping that one of her friends would appear soon. She was not about to get drunk around these idiots.

Her wish was granted when she saw a tall lanky boy bounding down the stairs with about as much grace as an ox. "Fuuuuuuuuuccckkkk!!!!!" He roared, bulldozing his way into the kitchen, knocking down everyone who didn't part the sea of people for him. Jasey was the only one who wasn't going to move, because she was his destination, his target, his next victim.

"Jack Attack!!!!!!" Jasey heard a familiar voice scream from somewhere in the small house and she braced herself for the impact. BOOM! Jack picked her up and spun her in his arms, spilling her drink on everybody around them like a broken sprinkler.

"Haiiii!" He slurred in a giggly voice. Jasey tries to make a break for it, but he grabs her wrist way faster than any drunk teenager should be able to. He plucks the cup from her hands and inspects it. "Wow, you fucking alcoholic! You finished this already?! I leave for two minutes, and you've downed this shit!? We have only been at this party for five minutes!" He scolds Jasey obnoxiously, making a scene. "Honey badger, you've got a lot to learn about this stuff." Putting his arm around the girl, he led her into the living room.

Alex was sitting down on the couch talking to Zack looking down at his own solo cup smiling about something Zack said, looked up for a split second and caught sight of Jasey and Jack. Half a second later, Jack picks her up bridal-style, and tosses her onto the other two boys. "Keep her here!" He says sternly, "I'm getting her another drink." Jasey sat slack-jawed as she watched Jack's skinny frame cross into the kitchen. Begrudgingly, she turned to the two boys she took residence on, and smoothed her clothes down awkwardly.

"Hey guys," Jasey says. Zack and Alex give each other a look, smile and shift themselves so that Zack is sitting on the floor in front of her, blocking her way out, and Alex is holding her legs on top of his.

"I wasn't even planning on going anywhere!" Jasey yelled defensively as the boys just narrow their eyes at her playfully. Alex and Jasey make eye contact and he winks at her, taking her calf and squeezing it, causing her to squeal out. "Alex! Stop tickling me!" Commands Jasey, but has to bite back the broad smile involuntarily forming on her lips. Granting his signature half smirk, Jasey knows he's satisfied. "Asshole..." Jasey giggles as quietly as she can.

"I heard that." Alex said with amusement in his voice. Jasey rolled her eyes and turned to Zack. "I haven't known you for more than twenty four hours and you're already against me! You suck!" Jasey pouted, punching Zack's too-large arm, knowing damn well he wouldn't touch her with a bad intention.

They had met formally a mere eight hours ago, and already she felt a connection with them. Jasey knew that Rian, who was presently making out with his girlfriend at the time, was the guy to call if you ever got too drunk and needed a ride. And Zack, who looked daunting enough to most, would be her protector, along with the others, but hell, Zack's arms said it all. Jack was the kid to call if you needed to laugh, and if you wanted to get drunk off your fucking ass. This she knew already. And Alex, Alex was the leader, the conspirator, the one who called the shots, but still treated everyone as an equal.

Each had their own superpower it seemed to Jasey. Already, she looked at them like she had known them for her entire life. That's the vibe they gave off. That no matter what, if you were with them, you belonged. You were safe.

You were loved. And that was exactly what she needed, a family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: The Party Scene - All Time Low

Please please please tell me if it sucks! I'm trying really hard with this! But if you like it, please let me know!

I'll probably take FOREVER to update because it's going to piss me off if I don't do this story right, and I already have another story I'm working on, "The Punk Rock Princess & The Garage Band King". Please check it out if you haven't already!