I Am Your Tourniquet

Chapter One

“I’m sorry. It’s not that I don’t love you, I do. I’m just not in love with you.”

Marilyn shook his head slowly, tears streaking the eyeliner down his face. “Twiggy, what...what are you saying? Listen to yourself!” he took a step closer and tried to weave his arm around the smaller mans waist. Twiggy shook his head and gently shrugged him off.

“No. This time I mean it. I’m not leaving the band, I’ve just...you don’t give me what I need.” He looked at the floor before Marilyn cupped his face in his hands, forcing him to look up.

“Tell me what you need! Tell me and I’ll get it for you, I’ll get you anything you need!” Oh shit, was this actually happening? He’d treated him so badly for so long; he never actually thought he’d leave.

“It’s too late, Marilyn” he whispered. “I’ve found someone that makes me happy – she loves me back and I –“

“You think I don’t love you?!” he exploded. “What the fuck is wrong with you? You’re, you’re everything to me, I can’t imagine anything without you, and you’re running away with someone else because they love you?” He pulled the younger man roughly towards him, holding him as though his life depended on it. “I love you, Twiggy, oh God I love you.” He choked it out as fast as he could, the painful memories of the times he should have said it and didn’t swimming up to haunt him.

“Well you’re too late.” hissed the bassist, it came out angrier than he’d hoped. He forcefully removed Marilyn’s arms from around him and spun around to face the door. “Goodbye,” and with that he was gone.

Marilyn was left alone.