I Am Your Tourniquet

Chapter Three

Twiggy checked his phone again. 36 missed calls. Jesus, he really had to figure out how to block numbers. After downing another glass of vodka, he stood up (a little shakily) and headed for the bathroom. He turned the shower on and stepped straight in, fully dressed and without waiting for it to warm up. Hair matted to his neck and makeup streaked down his face, his tears mingled with the shower water as he tried to scrub away every essence of the man he may in fact love from his body. Cold shower over, he went into his room and lay down on the bed. It felt weird being back in this room, he’d spent so much time at Marilyn’s place recently that he could hardly remember the last time he’d been here.

Wait a minute, yes he could. And it was with Marilyn.

His mind flashed back to that night, the pain his lover inflicted on him, and his willingness to do whatever the singer wanted of him. He remembered with agonizing accuracy his longing to feel Marilyn’s lips on his, his desperation to know that it was just a game, the older man did really love him, that he wasn’t just his sex toy. He remembered whispering sweet nothings to him as he slept, telling him over and over again how much he meant to him. Had Marilyn ever sworn such love back? Had he fuck!

You see that was the problem. He would never let his guard down. He could never look vulnerable, especially not in front of Twiggy. And that was what he resented the most.