Pandora

The Meeting

When Pandora woke up she immediately, remembered what her mommy had told her night before.

"The stress monster," She squeaked, looking around fearfully.

While debating on whether to get out of bed and risk being bitten, she spotted the letter on her desk. Forgetting all her past worries she jumped up and grabbed a pen and paper and began to scribble furiously.

"Hi! How come you never told me that Debra was your sister? You only told me that Debra was your secretary! What's rye bread? Is it good or is it big kid food? Thomas told me that coffee is big kid food, and I've never had rye bread, so it must be big kid food too! Did you know that there's a monster that bites people? It's called the stress monster! Have you been bitten by the stress monster?"

She quickly shoved the letter into and envelope and raced downstairs to mail the letter. When she came back, Thomas was sitting in the living room waiting for her.

"Good, you're dressed." he said and stood up, "Come on, we have to go shopping for your school supplies and clothing."

Pandora frowned, the idea of school had always frightened her. What if no one wanted to be her friend? What if he teachers didn't like her?

"I don't wanna go to school," she whispered

Thomas sighed and scratched the back of his head. "We've gone over this before, Pandora. You have to go to school, your parents have already enrolled you. Plus its a nice school with nice kids and staff, so you'll be okay."

"Why can't I just stay here? You can keep tutoring me and-

Thomas shook his head, "Your father wants you to gain experience socializing with others."

"What?" Pandora asked confused. Although she was a very bright and literate little girl, she was still only five and too many big words in one sentence often confused her.

"Your daddy wants you to learn how to make friends." he repeated and started walking towards the door.

Pandora sighed and trailed after him. "Why can't mommy and daddy take me?"

Another sigh from Thomas, "Your mom is at a meeting, and your dad is in Montana, meeting with the co-corporations."

"The co-co what?"

"Co- corporations. Just think of your father's business as a person, and the business in Montana is the person's sister."

Pandora didn't really understand but she nodded anyway.

* * *

The trip to the school supply store and the mall had been really boring. Thomas picked out everything and Pandora didn't even get to look! Then when they went to the clothing store, Pandora saw a pretty pink dress that she wanted to wear on the first day of school, but Thomas said she couldn't have it because the school was a uniform school! And when she asked what that was, he said that it means that everyone has to wear the exact same thing, everyday!

Pandora sat in her room, her face pink with five year old rage and frustration. She didn't want to go to a school where everyone looked the same! She didn't want to tie her hair up in pigtails everyday for school! She didn't want to go to school at all!!

Alice came in and patted her on the head and tried to convince her that school would be fun, but Pandora refused to listen. How could a place where you had to wear the same thing everyday, be fun?

"Well," Alice murmured, getting up "Here's your letter." She handed the child the letter and left.

Pandora glowered at the floor, before picking up the letter that Alice had left on her bed.

"Dear Pandora, Is your last name perhaps Davis? And is your mother's name Maddie Davis? It seems, that this had all been a rather large, yet funny, mis-mis-under-stand-standing." Pandora had no clue what that word was, but she continued to read on. "I'd like to meet you, so we can talk about this stress monster and some other things. Are you able to come to the Green Ridge park gazebo? If so, I'll meet you there at 4:00 pm, Thursday, because that's when I will come to visit New York."

Pandora's eyes widened, her daddy was coming back and he wanted to meet with her in a special place! She squealed with joy. She still didn't understand why he asked her what her last name was and who her mother was, but at the moment she didn't care!

"Hi!! Yes my last name is Davis! So is yours silly! And yes mommy's name is Maddie Davis, but I'm not supposed to call her that. What's a misunderstanding? And yes i can come to Green Ridge park, its right behind my house!"

She mailed the letter and hopped into bed,grinning madly, thinking about Thursday! But then her smile faded, she wanted to be alone with her daddy! If Thomas or Alice came, they would talk to daddy and no one would talk to her! She had to go alone.

* * *

On Thursday at 3:00 pm, Pandora was sneaking into the kitchen with the intention of slipping out of the back door. She had gone this way before, with Alice's little sister Mary, so they could feed the ducks at the park. But then Mary had went to live with her grandparents and Pandora had never gone again.

She eased out the door, surprised by how easily she had been able to avoid Alice and Thomas. The broken fence, that her and Mary had crawled under to get to the park was still broken and she easily pushed it to the side so she could pass through.

When she reached the park she realized that she had never been to the gazebo, and started to cry.

"Are you lost little girl?" A deep voice asked, and she turned to see a man with blue eyes and brown hair.

"I c-can't find the, the g-gazebo!" she wailed

The man cocked his head to the side. "Are you...By any chance," he murmured "Is your name Pandora Davis?"

Pandora stopped crying and nodded. "How did you know?"

The man smiled, "My name's Martin Davis."

Pandora blinked and shook her head, "You're not my daddy!"

The man let out a bellow of laughter, "Is that who you thought I was when you were writing to me?" he asked

Pandora nodded, "Who are you?" she demanded stepping back

"I just told you, I'm Martin Davis, I'm your father's business associate. I own Sky Towers, in Montana."

Pandora shook her head, immediately, "Nuh uhn, my daddy own Sky Towers. He made it." she said forcefully

Martin Davis grinned, "Yes I know, but I own and run the Sky Towers in Montana, because your father can't run them both at the same time. Sky Towers, Montana is the co-corporation of Sky Towers, New York."

Pandora remembered what Thomas had said about co-corporations and smiled, "So you're my daddy's business's sister!" she exclaimed

Martin Davis frowned in confusion and shrugged, "Something like that, now how about we go back to your house. I wasn't expecting you to come here alone so your parents are probably really worried about you." he said taking her hand and leading her to his car.

* * *

"PANDORA!" Her mommy screamed and swept her up in her arms. Pandora's eyes widened, her mommy had never done that before!

Her daddy rushed towards them, squeezing them both in a massive hug. Then he looked over at Martin Davis and his eyes widened.

"Marty? What are you doing here?"

Alice who had been running to see if Pandora was alright stopped immediately and slapped a hand to her forehead.

"Oh my god! How could I have forgotten about that!" she groaned,

Pandora's mom looked around, bewildered "Forgotten what, Alice?"

Alice pointed wildly at Martin Davis and Pandora's dad, "You both have the same name!" she cried "When she told me that she was writing to Martin Davis, I thought-

Martin Davis held up his hand, chuckling "Don't worry, I'll explain. How about we talk about this while Pandora takes a nap?"

Pandora's parents nodded and gave Pandora to Alice who took the confused girl upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of rushed but I really wanted to finish this part up.