Caraphernelia

This was how I grew up...I mean, I always knew what went on, but now? Now it's just..surreal..a bad nightmare...something I want to wake up from, but I just can't.

He's my best friend, does that weigh more than my name and bloodline? Is that seriously what this world has come to? Whether you chose your loved ones over your own life or bloodline/status? How could I have been so blind to all of this...?

I grew up a Blackwell. That's who I am, how I am, what I am. It's how I was trained to be; what I'm supposed to believe. But what if...just what if, I broke free of that curse. What if...what if I could make my own life...?

What if I could save both of our arses? Or at least his...anyone but him, oh Gods, he's just a boy! This can't even be happening! This world has gone mad! This is just--

"You're doing it again."

I was snapped from my thoughts and looked up at my best friend. I tried to conceal the worry, sorrow, hate, and fire in my grey-blue eyes. "Doing what?" I cocked my head to the side.

He scoffed. "Knock it off, Morgan, we both know I know you better than that."

I looked down to my right, my eyes going vacant again. "I can't help but overthink things. Everything's just gotten...out of control."

"Maybe out of control is better."

I looked up at him questioningly. "What do you mean?"

"Think about it, Morgan - we've been controlled our whole lives. Told what to do, say, think - you name it. What if now we had a chance to break that...?"

My lips twitched towards a faint smile. "That's what I've been thinking about. I don't know who I am; just who I was told to be." I leaned towards him and whispered, "They use the Darkness for power, but it doesn't work because they don't know it's beauty."

His eyes went wide, understanding what I had meant. "That's it..the Beauty in the Darkness...you're brilliant, Morgan!"

Oh yeah, provided I can actually do it right. But I'd do anything to spare your life, my Dragon...
  1. Preface.
    I am Lady Morgana-Ophelia Jinx Blackwell and this is my tangled tale.