Vengeance University

Chapter 3

It was finally the first day of school, and the twins were excited.

Well, Dru was excited. Alexi didn’t get excited much.

Alexi and Dru followed their brother through the halls to their rooms, and were slightly shocked to find they had separate rooms.

“Dru, this is your room. You don’t have a roommate yet, but it could change, so don’t go putting your stuff all over the room.” Zacky said, watching as his brother looked around the room and tried to decide which half he wanted.

He finally decided on the bigger half of the room, and laughed when he saw Zacky had already had his clothes put up in the closet on that side.

“I know you better than you think, little brother. I knew you’d want that side. Go put your stuff away and check out the campus. We made some improvements over the summer.” Zacky said, watching as Dru nodded and started putting his stuff away.

Zacky then lead Alexi to his room, three floors above Dru’s and at the very end of the hallway.

Alexi looked up at Zacky and smiled letting his brother lead them inside.

Alexi saw that half the room had already been claimed, signaling he had a roommate.

“Your roommate is the varsity soccer captain, Jackson Calaway.”

Alexi stared up at Zacky like he’d gone insane, but Zacky quickly clarified.

“You made the varsity soccer team this year. They saw your tryouts at the junior varsity soccer trials and decided you’d be better fit for the varsity team. And, Jax asked for you to be his roommate.”

Alexi nodded and put his stuff down on his bed before he followed Zacky back down to the auditorium.

Down in the auditorium, all the new and old students filled the seats and Alexi found his brother, who’d saved him a seat instead of forcing him to sit alone, and sat next to him, sliding down into the seat.

“You excited Alexi? I know I am.” Dru said happily, bouncing lightly in his seat.

“Dru, don’t start with the giddiness today.” Alexi said, sighing as he settled in to watch the professors.

The hall went quiet as the lights turned down and a shadow portal opened up on the stage, Zacky walking out and up to the podium as the new students gasped in awe at his display of power, while the rest of the professors, dressed in their VU teaching robes, walked out behind him and lined up across the stage behind him.

Alexi and Dru just shared a look as their brother showed off.

“Welcome to another horrid year at Vengeance University! I am Zacky Vengeance, founder and headmaster of the school. As many of our older students remember, each year we have the professors of each class step forward to be recognized. This year, we’ve decided to change it up a bit and make it a little easier to remember who teaches what. This year, each professor is going to show you a little of their power. Some of the professors are unable to demonstrate their power or what they teach, so this year, they will simply step forward to be recognized.

“We did try this the first year the school was open, but one professor, who was sick at the time and had limited control of his power, nearly burned down the auditorium. Don’t worry. For the safety of all of you, as well as myself, the other professors, and the school, I made sure he was healthy before I decided to bring this out again.

“Our first professor is Fun Ghoul. Fun Ghoul teaches the class of Mind and Power Control, a class that will teach you how to control minds, as well as how to control your power over them, and your own personal powers.”

Zacky turned to look at Frankie, and nodded when Frankie stepped forward and gave a small head nod, unable to fully show the students his power.

“Next we have Professor Christ, who teaches Shadow and Fire Manipulation. In his class, you’ll learn how to summon shadows and fire, as well as how to control them and make them do your bidding. Professor.” Zacky said, turning to watch as Johnny stepped forward and summoned a ball of fire into one hand, and a ball of shadows into the other. He then forced them to grow and meld, wrapping around one another, competing to see which would overpower the other, before he extinguished the flame and let the shadows dissipate.

The gasps and chatter from the first years were enough to drive Alexi sane, forcing him to get up and leave the auditorium, with the excuse to Dru and a professor at the door that he had to pee.

Once outside on the lawn, he made his way around the school to the library, going inside and scanning his school ID as he entered the library and headed to the restricted area.

The restricted area was on the topmost floor of the six story library, and when one went to the railing around the middle of the floor, they could see straight down to where the librarian and library staff sat in their circular desk area.

Zacky had came up with the idea of putting the floors like they were so the professors could easily send books back to their appropriate floors.

Alexi came to the top floor and scanned his ID at the clear, plastic door that released long enough for the person to get in and would force closed if held open too long. He walked inside, letting the door swing shut as he put his bag down on a desk in his favorite corner of the library.

He roamed around the floor for a while, pulling books and putting others back when he found something better, and went to his small table in the corner, laying his books on the table before grabbing the first one and opening it to read.

From his seat, Alexi could see who entered the library and some of the people on other levels, but couldn’t be seen himself, which he very much liked.

Alexi and Dru had been given special access to the restricted area by Zacky, so they could find books to help them with their powers and finding their mates.

Alexi used the access frequently, while Dru hadn’t stepped foot in the area since Zacky brought them up the first time.

Alexi hung out in the library until Zacky found him a few hours later, still sitting in his favorite corner and reading.

“Hey little brother. Why aren't you at lunch? I figured you'd want to spend time with Dru.”

“Nah. I'm more interested in my book right now. And I'm not hungry.”

Zacky sat, watching his brother, and noticing depression was taking over his small brother. Why? He couldn't say, but he knew it wasn't good.

“Well, go eat in the kitchens tonight when you get hungry. Okay?” Zacky asked, watching Alexi.

“Sure, Zee. I'll go eat when I get hungry.” Came Alexi's bland reply, reabsorbed back into his book.

Zacky sighed and got up, leaving the teen to his book, set on finding his friends and the boy's mate's.