Status: Like this? Check out my Captain America story as well!

It's Not Like It Hurt That Much

It's not like I'd actually do that.

For my previous recap of my story, it's false. I'd never break down for someone. I didn't care, remember? Well, I wasn't supposed to care. No, that's how the story is supposed to go. I go to profess my love, he has someone, but secretly loves me, and we end up together, right? Wrong. I didn't lie about being back, but asking for forgiveness from Tony Stark was not on my list. No matter how big this blasted city was, we'd run into one another soon enough, and when we did I'd act like it was a stranger, because that was the kind of thing I did. It was all I knew how to do.

I decided I wasn't going to see Tony. Not yet, at least. I wanted him to know I was back, but in a way where he only saw me. I opted into just heading to the bar I knew so well.. It was the only reasonable thing to do. Get shit-faced and go home with a stranger. That's how it started with Tony and I. I was drunk at the bar, and when I wanted him to take me home, he took care of me. It wasn't something I was used to, and it felt nice. I actually enjoyed the time I spent with him. It didn't matter though, because he wasn't going to be there, and he wasn't going to be the one taking me home. 

I got there around 9, and it was busy as always. The familiarity of the bar filled my body, and I smiled. It'd been a long time since I'd been here. I used to come to this bar every Friday night for three years straight. It wasn't all that good for my health, but most of the time it was a beer or two, sometimes just wine, sometimes soda and fries. I rarely ever got drunk, so it wasn't like I was killing myself. 

I took my usual seat at the bar, and looked around for the bartender, one I was once very good friends with. I hoped he was still there. 

"Annabelle Swan." A voice called, and I turned to my front left. 

"Adam Harper." I grinned. "I was hoping you'd still be working here."

"I've worked at this bar for about twenty years. You're not getting rid of me that easily."

I smiled at the older man, as he set my usual drink in front of me, I was surprised he remembered.

"How is your family doing, Adam?" 

"Well, I could talk about my 28 year old son, or I could tell you about my granddaughter, Rebecca." 

"Kurt's kid?" 

"Yeah. She's two years old. My little princess."

"Well congratulations, Adam! I can't believe I missed that."

"You've missed a lot, Annie."

"I know. I can't believe I left. It's glad to be back." 

"For good?" He asked. 

"For good." I assured, although I wasn't entirely sure.

"You know he still comes here every Friday."

I knew this would come up sooner or later. I literally told Adam everything, so I knew it wouldn't be an avoidable conversation topic. 

"He should be here anytime now, actually." Adam continued. 

"I should get going then."

"Why?" 

I just have him a look. 

"He doesn't bring girls here, if that helps."

"Adam, without trying to sound rude, it doesn't really concern me. The moment I left it stopped concerning me."

"Why did you leave?"

"Because, although it may not make sense to you, he didn't deserve to be dragged along. I didn't love him."

"Yes you did, I saw it in you. I bet you still do since you're back."

"I didn't return for Tony. I'm back because I miss it here. It's my home. You can't run forever."

"Well, If you're both sticking to your schedules, you're bound to run into each other here."

"Of course I'll see him sooner or later."

"Maybe sooner than later, that's him."

I looked back at the door to see Tony entering. He looked great, but it looked like he was a lot more tired then usual. I wondered how much he'd been working lately.

"Tony, what can I get for you?" Adam asked as he sat down a few chairs from me without even noticing me. 

"Same as always." 

Adam got him his drink and sauntered back to me. 

"Your choice." 

"I'll drop by later. Goodbye Adam." I said, getting up from my seat. When I got up, I passed by Tony unnoticed and walked to the door. 

"See ya, Annie!" Adam called from the bar, and Tony turned to me. I glanced at him just long enough to see his enticing eyes widen before I walked out the door into the dark Manhattan streets. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah, 10 subs already? I love you guys! I hope you like it so far!! New update soon!! :)