Fix You

Want To

When Lucy woke up the next day, she felt like a total moron. How can she let herself go like that to become some blubbering idiot that runs to the first potential boyfriend that she might have in over five or so years. She wasn’t even with Tom and she acted like he cheated on her and spilling her soul out to someone she just met with tears and sobs wracking her body…well, she wouldn’t be surprised if Chris asked her to not speak to him again.

Washing her tired face with icy cold water, she furrowed her brows at the newly packaged toothbrush sitting next to the sink. Was she supposed to use it or is it for someone else? Lucy knew she was being dramatic with her assumptions as she ripped open the package and brushed her teeth like the decent person she was.

Placing the toothbrush where she found it, she felt awkward placing it in the small cup where Chris kept his. They weren’t officially dating yet and claiming her territory by adding her toothbrush into the mix would make him feel weird.

That wasn’t the only thing that was weird; the weirdest thing was telling Chris how she felt when she spotted Naima dry humping Tom on the couch. Why did she tell that to him of all people? Lucy felt like a complete moron. Running her fingers through her hair to get rid of any tangles and knots in her curls, she wandered down the small steps in a timid walk.

Her ears picked up the sound of television in the living room. A few thoughts wandered into her mind, should she run? Make a break for it before she made a complete fool out of herself again or maybe she apologize for what she did the other day and then run? Both ways sounded completely foolish and something Naima would do. As much as she loved her best friend, Naima was never the type of person to confront or accept feelings other than anger or lust.

So, she was going to do what every adult should do.

Face her fears. Lucy could feel her heart start to race as she stepped closer to the living room as the flat screen television screen now came into view. The plain pale yellow living room swallowed her up as she was feet away from the blond who was fixated on the screen.

Lucy stood there not knowing how to catch his attention, his baby blue eyes were fixed on the screen of reporters as they gave the daily weather while he was munching on whatever was in the bowl that was clutched in his enormous hand. Nibbling on her lip, she cleared her throat softly, but not loud enough to gain his attention. She felt like a total idiot just standing there so she circled around the recliner that was close to Chris and when he saw movement, his eyes were now transfixed on the woman.

“Lulu,” he muttered before he swallowed the rest of his cereal that was in his mouth, “Good morning. How are you feeling?”

Worry was etched on his face as he stared at Lucy for a response, as her hands folded tightly together, she quietly responded, “Fine…I’m sorry that I just showed up at your doorstep and told you my life story. I was just such a wreck I didn’t know where to go, but here.”

A soft smile crept on his lips as he placed the bowl down and patted next to him. Lucy joined him as he naturally wrapped his arm around her frame, “Lucy, it’s alright. I get it. You still have deep feelings for Tom and you had them for a long time. You aren’t to get over him overnight, but I am glad that I was the first person you wanted to see.”

Lucy smiled lightly as she felt his thick fingers playing with strands of her brown hair, her hazel eyes flickered up to Chris as she muttered, “I’m glad too.”

Chris pecked Lucy’s lips softly once before kissing her deeply the second time. Lucy let her hand cradle his cheek as his hand cradled her neck, just a simple touch from him made her feel all the better. Slowly, they detached their lips from one another as Chris grinned; “Now that is a great good morning greeting.”

The brunette woman giggled as she pecked his lips again before standing up, “Come on, let me make you a real breakfast.”

The blonde man followed, “Have I ever told you how wonderful you are?” Lucy felt elated as she received endless compliments from a man she never thought she would be dating. As she made his whole hearty meal with caution that he needed to stay fit for reprising his role in Thor 2: The Dark World.

“So, are you excited about filming the sequel to Thor?” Lucy asked as she cut the crepe she was eating.

Chris licked his lips as he nodded in excited, “Of course, filming with everyone again was fun the first time around.” He cut his sentence short knowing that talking about the movie Thor could possibly bring up Tom who was also associated with the project. He would ask her to come along with him, but seeing that she wasn’t ready to be around Tom at the moment, he will just wait and see when the time was right.

The rest of their time at breakfast was quiet as the tension started to become thick with Lucy’s question that involved her crush. How can she bring herself down like that? She knew she should avoid topics such as anything comic book related. Lucy felt horrible when the excited look on Chris’ face turned mournful when he saw the saddened expression on her face.

Lucy kept her eyes on her breakfast as she quickly swallowed her food, when she was about to get up she felt the warm hand of Chris halting her steps. “Don’t beat yourself over something you cannot control. Remember I still like you…I like you a lot and it will take more than this to make me run the other way.” Chris then held onto her hand as he tilted his head to get a better view of Lucy, “Do you know another reason why I am sticking around and not wasting my time as you bluntly said it yesterday?”

The hazel eyed beauty shook her head as he squeezed her hand, “Because you want to move from Tom and you want to be with me. You said so yourself repeatedly last night.”

Lucy blushed at the confession she made to him yesterday, it all felt too soon to be saying those kinds of things, but it felt right. She did want to be with Chris, but at the same time she wanted to be with Tom still. That lingering feeling of wanting to be with her high school crush was something not easy to get over and she hoped that her crush with Tom will disappear and not ruin a relationship she actually looked forward to.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have decided to make a separate story for Chris and Lucy from my story Tongue Tied since I just want to remain focus on Naima and Tom in that one. I hope you enjoy this chapter and the story might be short since I already know where I want to go with their relationship.

Comments?