Fix You

I Want You

When Tom visited her, most of her energy was spent as she sat on the floor crying her eyes out. She had no idea how much pain she really was in until she saw Tom on her own, it was like her feelings were easily suppressed when there were people surrounding them like Naima or Chris, but alone and unguarded.

The wounds that were healing were ripped open, Lucy decided to let her wounds bleed out a bit before she started to bend herself together again. She knew it was unwise to let go in the middle of her bakery, but she couldn’t do it at home, she spent most of her time with Chris and he knew most of her behaviors by now, he was bound to find out if she cried if she expressed herself in her own personal space. So instead, she cried here and she didn’t care if her employees saw her, most of them already knew what has transpired with their eavesdropping.

Lucy was no fool, she knew that her employees were nosy and wanted to know every single detail of her life if needed.

Wiping her eyes, she pressed her nose on the bench as she heard the patter of the rain hitting the bakery. After the constant crying, she felt a bit better having the weight being lifted off her shoulders mostly. Getting up with wobbly legs, she balanced herself with her hands placed on the bench. She fixed her navy blue dress and combed her fingers through her hair, as of now she wasn’t going think about Tom and what transpired.

Lucy wasn’t going to think about kicking Tom out of her life or put him on hiatus until she got into grips of what should be important in her life. She needed a clean break from Naima and Tom, having them both in the same city wasn’t working for her and now that Christmas was inching closer, she knew that they would try to contact her someway.

The brunette woman wasn’t looking forward to it, she wanted her space and there was no possible way to avoid them. They would instantly call and she couldn’t escape to her parents’ house since they didn’t celebrate the holidays thinking they were just an idiotic way of getting gifts from total strangers and bond with whoever was around them. Her parents were the most loving and encouraging, they were snotty, irresponsible, and just lazy. It didn’t matter that they were barely paying bills; they never got that higher education which motivated Lucy to go to college in the first place.

Funny that Lucy came from such heartless parents and Naima came from the complete opposite and yet here they were acting the total opposite of their parents. Lucy learned from her parents mistakes that she wanted to be a better person; she was loving and sweet, something her parents never were to her.

They had zero respect for their children.

So that crossed out her parents’ house.

Maybe she can stay at her brother’s house? No, that would be too intrusive and she remembered her brother telling her that his in-laws were coming to visit for the holidays. She didn’t want to impose on them either, that was too much on their plate with four kids and in-laws, Lucy couldn’t do that. Usually she spent her holidays with Naima and Tom or mostly Naima’s family since they were big on holidays, she would fly out to Louisiana with her or Naima would fly her parents out to London.

Either way, Lucy couldn’t go there either.

There was no way that she couldn’t have any plans. She always had plans on going somewhere, Lucy never spent the holidays alone and she knew that Chris would probably go back to Australia to visit him family. If he offered to stay, she would force him to go. There was no way she was going to let him stay just for her; she wasn’t worth all that trouble.

Closing the bakery after a few hours, letting everyone go home early, Lucy was too physically drained to continue working at the moment. Once she arrived home, she kicked off her shoes and walked towards her bedroom, her main focus was sleeping and she intended to get every ounce of it back since she lacked it for the last couple of days.

Within the next week or so, Lucy has avoided the Christmas spirit as possible. She would bake the occasional Christmas cookies, but she let her employees do it and looking at London being decked out in holiday cheer was making her sick. For the first time, she felt bitter towards Christmas. Lucy wasn’t going to spend it with anyone, her two best friends were going to spend it together and if not then they would find some time whenever during the holidays. She was envious of that because they both have someone in their life to spend the holidays with.

Staring out the window with a cup filled with hot tea, she wondered how she ever got here. How did her friendship with Naima and Tom end up like this? All because Naima and Tom decided to move forward with their friendship into something more, into having benefits on the side. Lucy didn’t agree on it, but Tom and Naima seem happy with one another or Tom for the most part.

When two large arms encircled themselves around her waist, a smile curled on her lips naturally, turning her head, she pressed her lips gently on Chris’ stubble cheek, “Hello there.” She muttered into his skin.

Chris smiled back as he mimicked her actions, “Lu?” he mumbled lowly. Lucy hummed in response as she entrapped herself in his warmth trying to get rid of the anguish that she was feeling at the moment. She wanted to get rid of all the negative energy that she has collected over the past month or so and replace it with the love and acceptance that Chris has given her. It was what she wanted so desperately; to let him love her.

The silence didn’t strike her odd until he held onto her tighter, her hazel eyes focused on his chin as she furrowed her brows in question, “Was there something you wanted to tell me?” she watched him debate what he should tell her, placing a gentle hand on his cheek, she encouraged him to share, “You can tell me anything, Chris. No judgment.”

When his strong arms squeezed her sides and he buried his face into her neck, she held utter confusion as he mumbled something into her skin that she couldn’t hear, “What did you say? I couldn’t hear you.”

Chris pulled away an inch as he repeated himself, “Only if you promise me that you will agree to it.”

Lucy laughed as she shook her head, “I can’t do that! I don’t even know what you are proposing.” Chris pouted making her wrap her arms around his neck to bring him closer to her. It was times like this that she actually cherished; he had the power to make her forget about her troubles.

When Chris looked into her eyes, he stared deeply as his thumb stroked her cheek gently, “You’ve been crying.” The way he said it was more of a statement, a fact, there was no question or guessing at the end of his sentence. He knew that she was crying and seeing that she still tried to hide it from him made him disappointed.

“It was nothing.” She reassured him, “I just had a rough day.”

Chris frowned at the heaviness in her face, “Do you want to talk about it?” Lucy shook her head as her hand trailed down his chest telling him that there was nothing to worry about and everything was handled, she was just flustered with the amount of business she was getting because of holiday demands. That didn’t persuade him in the slightest, Lucy didn’t stress out about things like that, she firmly believed in her work and rarely did stress about it. The only thing she has ever stressed out about was Naima and Tom.

He licked his lips, he reverted back to his question instead of pursing what happened that made her cry, “Come to Australia with me?” It was a different question than he intended, he wanted to build up on it, but this was a good enough time as any. Lucy clearly looked like she didn’t want to play any games so he went straight for it.

Lucy couldn’t believe what he was saying, her mouth went dry at the statement, “What?”

“Come to Australia…with me.” This time, there was confidence in his voice. It wasn’t a question; it was more of a demand. Chris knew she needed to get away from London even if it was just for a little while. Away from her best friends and there was no way they would be in Australia during Christmas time.

Lucy furrowed her brows in doubt; “I don’t know…” she trailed off, “What about my bakery? I can’t just close it while I’m gone; people already have their orders in.”

“Then have one of your employees look after it. Maybe Brandy? She seems trustworthy.” Lucy pursed her lips, not totally convinced on the idea, so Chris held onto her hands as he confessed, “I am not forcing myself to ask you. I want you to come with me, to meet my family because you are a very important person in my life. Nothing will make me happier than to show you around my hometown.”

Lucy couldn’t stop staring into those pools of blue that he called eyes, “I guess Brandy can take over while I’m gone…” Chris grinned widely, “Are you sure you want me to go? We barely started dating and to meet your parents so soon.”

The blond man dismissed it with a wave, “Nonsense. It’s never too early to meet the woman I fell in love with.” Lucy’s heart dropped to her stomach as she heard the words she had no reaction to. She couldn’t tell if she was either happy or upset that he was falling for her so fast and yet she was unclear on what she wanted. Gulping harshly, she forced a smile at his words, pretending that she didn’t hear what he just said.

“Then it’s settled then.” She muttered ignoring the fact that Chris felt the tension in the air.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Chris is falling hard and taking her to Australia, I think that it's the perfect way to get away from the two people that caused Lucy the most heartache. Cheers for me :) Love it when you guys comment, much love to ya'll.

JustThinking (Chris and Lucy are official, Lucy said so herself that they are and they are taking things slow. Well to find out about Nai's long lasting denial and if she is willing to get out of it then you have to read Tongue Tied for that since this is focusing on Lucris.)

BlueDreams (They do seem like a good balance for her and there has to be at least one blunt character besides Naima in this story and that's Cecelia, she comes off the wrong way, but that's how she is in general. She gives it to her straight no matter how Lucy is feeling about herself. Cecelia has never met Chris officially, she has seen him from time to time, but doesn't know him so she assumes what all guys are like and compare him to them. Yes Lucy grew a pair and told Tom the truth, bravo for her. Let the healing process begin.)