Fix You

A Birthday To Remember

Lucy held hands with Chris as they walked down the starry night; it was mind blowing how beautiful it was at night. “How did we do?” The hazel eyed beauty smiled as she bit on her lip as she was thinking of what she should say.

“You did alright, I guess. I can’t believe your family got me presents when I told you guys I didn’t need anything.” Lucy laughed as she wrapped the green scarf that Miley bought for her tighter around her neck. The young teen told her that it was a perfect fit with her eyes and skin tone. Chris grinned, Lucy didn’t want anything grand, but the Hemsworth clan always went beyond what is expected of them.

Lucy swung her arm with Chris’ as she kept quiet about everyone getting her small, but meaningful gifts. At least they were things that she can pack in her suitcase and nothing expensive. Chris’ gift was the best if she said so herself, the adorable owl pendant was something that made her coo in adoration.

She just couldn’t believe that Chris actually remembered that owls were her favorite type of bird. There was a bounce to her step after the party that they threw for her. It was still Christmas day with the Hemsworth, but had a little birthday feel to it this year. Lucy could gladly admit that she was touched by their gestures.

But then she remembered her family and friends back home and how much she missed them. Especially the messages that she got from Naima and Tom.

[10:08 AM]Nai: Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday. You deserve it.

[1:35 PM] Tom: I had to contemplate whether or not I should send you a birthday message, but after a while I knew that we are too good of friends for me to ignore this. So happy wishes on your birthday and Merry Christmas, Lu. I hope you have a wonderful day with Chris and his family.


Lucy smiled at the messages and realized that maybe it was time to face them. She could smile without feeling hurt and she felt like she is moving on. A grin was plastered on her face when she saw that Chris was wearing the sweater that she bought for him. It was a simple gesture, but there was a note that she wrote earlier that morning that reassured him that he was the one that she chose. Tom was a thing of the past.

With loving words, she held onto his hand tighter, “I love you.” She remembered uttering those words for the first time when he opened his present and that alone was something he cherished. No one knew that was their first confession to each other, but found it charming nonetheless when Chris gave her a childlike grin and a quick peck on the lips. Lucy blushed deeply as the women in the household cooed.

Chris had that goofy smile on his face as he confidently said, “I know.” Lucy narrowed her eyes as she playfully hit him in the chest as he pretended I did damage, “I love you too, Lu.” He chuckled.

As their walk continued, Lucy felt him halt as she looked up at him in question, “What is it?” Chris looked around as if he lost something, letting go of her hand he mumbled that his watch slipped onto the sand. Lucy started to look around to help him find it, retracing their steps to see if they can find his gold watch, her hazel orbs got down on her knees to see if she can see better, but no such luck.

“Chris, I can’t fin-” She paused as she turned around, her eyes widen in shock as she was face with Chris on one knee. This can’t be happening. This is all a dream, right? Lucy was in loss of words as Chris gave her a soft smile.

“Lu, there are so many ways to describe how perfect we are for each other, but there isn’t just one word to really capture how beautiful you are, inside and out. I know you never pictured me getting down on one knee so soon, but after the heartache that you have been through and willingness to accept me as your own has given me the courage to do what I have believed in the beginning. The first time I have spoken to you, I knew you were the woman I was going to spend the rest of my life with and you would make me the luckiest man in the world if you say yes. I promise to always protect you, cherish you, love you, and be one of your main sources of happiness. Lucy Robbins, will you marry me?”

Lucy’s eyes were focused on the small velvet box that Chris took out of his pocket and opened it with his fingers. As it snapped open, her eyes watered at the beautiful emerald engagement ring. “I know you don’t like extravagant gifts, but I hope you make this an exception.”

She was at a loss of words as she stared at the ring, tears rolled down her cheeks as silence over took her, and Chris didn’t know if this was a good or bad thing. He has been kneeling for a few minutes now and Lucy’s unresponsive gesture has made him nervous. “Lucy? Lu, sweetheart…are you going to say anything?” he was now getting worried as her hazel eyes now flickered up to his, she pursed her lips before she uttered her answered. He couldn’t hear her words over the sounds of the waves and asked her to repeat her answer.

Lucy got down on her knees and cupped his cheeks with her hands, a soft smile etched on her lips as she said, “I would love to marry you.” She laughed when Chris held onto her tightly and passionately kissed her a few times before pulling away and putting the ring on her shaky ring finger.

“We’re engaged.” Lucy’s eyes peered up at Chris as he shared his excitement with his fiancé. A wide smile mimicked his as she whispered the same words he just said. Lucy’s heart fluttered in sheer joy as she twisted a few strands of his blonde hair on her finger before she pressed her lips onto his. Chris passionately kissed back as he slowly placed Lucy on the sand as they continued their heated make out session.

The brunette woman felt those tingling feelings coil around her belly itching for some kind of release, her right leg snaked around his hip bringing him closer to her. Chris’ pelvis instantly pressed itself into hers as a soft moan left her lips. Pulling away for a few centimeters, he muttered, “You sure about this?”

“I’m sure.” Their lips reconnected as they shared their first intimate moment in the sand of Australia.

When they walked back to the house, the couple had a glow about them with smiles as wide as the Cheshire cat. “Everyone,” Chris announced to bring his family’s attention to the newly engaged couple, “I have some great news. We’re engaged!”

Lucy beamed as she showed her left hand to the family, it was well received, but there were a few concerns with his parents asking if they were going to have a long engagement. “We haven’t thought about it yet.” Lucy replied. She never really wanted a long engagement, but she needed to see if Chris wanted one and can compromise. She knew that it was really soon to be engaged, but this felt right and the concerns around their early engagement didn’t shock her.

Lucy was a lot calmer as she answered the questions. Everyone was supportive, but asked if they can give themselves more time before jumping into marriage. “It’s not something to take lightly, you two. It’s a long and committed relationship, taking a vow that this is going to be the person you are spending the rest of your life with.” Craig, Chris’ father cautioned them.

“I plan on it.” Chris grinned at Lucy.

“If that is how you feel then so be it. You have my blessing.” Craig said.

Leonie agreed, “You are both grown and know what you want, so you have my blessing as well. Welcome to the family, Lu.” Lucy beamed as she hugged Chris’ side excited about sharing the wonderful news with her two best friends when she flies back home with her new fiancé in tow. Naima without a doubt would be the maid of honor and when she asked Miley to be one of the bridesmaids, she accepted within a heartbeat.

Now all she had to do was start planning for the joyous occasion.
♠ ♠ ♠
engagement ring