Dormant Senses

Be Brutally Honest: I'm Not Loved.

'One more time Alexander William; who took a fucking beer out of the new pack I just bought? Was it you boy?' Alexander sat on the couch, twirling his fingers around, not bothering to meet his dad's gaze. His mother took the beer but he wasn't going to let her take the blame. It wasn't fair for her to be beat two nights in a row.
'Well answer me boy!' His dad was completely shitfaced as usual and this didn't alarm Alexander one bit. In fact, it was scary that he was slowly getting used to it. Even when he received a nice blow to the left side of his face, he barely moved a muscle. Man, his dad had a nice swing.
'If I catch you in my beers again, you're gonna get more than just a punch boy.' With that, his father left Alexander to wipe away the blood that trickled from his mouth. Alexander waited a few more minutes before getting up and opening the pull out couch. His father wouldn't let him have his room back until the following month because he "accidentally" ate too much food two nights ago. It's sad that Alexander was used to these kinds of punishments. They honestly got worse after they left Vermont. All Alexander was actually looking forward to was school. He was actually extremely good at it and he helped his little sister out when he could.
Alexander heard footsteps coming down the stairs. He didn't bother to look up because he was afraid of who it might be.
'Asswipe, heard dad yelling at you.' Alexander huffed at his brother, Daniel's, remark.
'What about this time?' Alexander turned to face his brother.
'Now why would I tell you that?' Alexander knew well to not tell his brother anything because he went straight to their dad and squealed like a pig.
His brother laughed and rolled his eyes, 'Whatever faggot.' Alexander winced at the word because it hurt that his family, mainly his dad and brother, didn't accept who he was. And that was that he was full on gay. He knew this ever since he was nine: when their neighbors boy, who was three years older, kissed him. He didn't mind that his brother and father disapproved it so much because his mother always had his back. She used to defend him quite often but that usually ended up in her getting a beating. Now she sits quietly and begs Alexander with her eyes to not utter a single breath. It was much easier for all of them if Alexander didn't answer. Alexander lied down on the beat up pull out bed the couch provided, and closed his eyes. He wouldn't sleep tonight because he was honestly terrified his father would do something to him in his sleep. He would lie awake and wait for the sun to finally shine where he can for at least eight hours, escape the Hell he calls home.

___

'Jack Bassam Barakat, get up! You're going to be late to school!' Jack's mother yelled at him at the top of her lungs. Jack jumped and rolled out his bed and landed with a hard 'thud' to the ground.
'Ugh, happy? I'm up mom. Go call Joe and May.'
With her hands on her hips, she said, 'I'll give you fifteen minutes to get ready. If you're not downstairs by then: I'll personally drive you to school and escort you in.' Jack jumped up to his feet, only in boxers, and ran to the bathroom that was connected to his room. He heard his mom chuckle and he muttered 'witch' under his breath.
He made it downstairs with two minutes to spare and grabbed the bagel, water, and lunch bag that was already prepared for him. He kissed his mom goodbye and ran outside with his older brother and sister tagging along behind him. Both of his siblings where in college already and Jack was forced to drive them to their campus each morning due to 'underage drinking' two weeks ago.
'Hey Jack; dad said he's coming to pick you up this weekend for daddy time.' May said to her brother as she applied the glossy lip-gloss she had. Jack frowned and sped a little faster to drop off his siblings. It wasn't that he hated his father, on the contrary, he loved the man. It was just it was so boring at his house and he was jealous that his brother and sister don't have to spend as much time with him as he does.
He drove up to the school and pulled up in the little curve that led to the entry of the school.
'Bye guys.' Jack said to his brother and sister.
'Bye Jack' His sister said. As soon as she was out of the car, a group of her friends along with her boyfriend, came out of nowhere and dragged her to the entrance.
'Bye little bro. Oh yeah, we don't need to be picked up today.' Jack nodded and watch as his brother was dragged by the football jocks to the school too. Jack was actually glad he didn't have to pick them up because he had plans after school with his best friends too. It was duty for the most popular swimmer and senior of the school to do.

~~~

Jack arrived at school with five minutes remaining until the warning bell started to ring. He met up with his best friends, Rian Dawson and Zack Merrick, at his locker.
'What up bro? You still have to drop your brother and sister off?' Rian said as Jack shoved his gym bag into his locker.
'Fuck yeah dude. Thank God I only have one more week to do so.'
'Bro, your sister is so hot.'
'Zack; you've told me that about a thousand times. And that was this week alone. She doesn't date high school guys, plus she has a boyfriend.' Rian chuckled and Jack lightly punched Zack in the arm to identify he was simply joking.
'Whatever bro, you know she wants my massive dick.'
'Your penis isn't that impressive Merrick.' Jack stopped in his tracks and turned around to face his best friend Rian.
'And how do you know that Dawson?'
'Yeah, how do you know that Dawson?' Zack said, eying Rian playfully.
Rian turned red and continued walking to their first period, calling back, 'Fuck you guys.' Jack and Zack laughed and followed Rian to their class just as the last warning bell rang.

~~~

Alexander stood in front of his physics class and stared at his feet, waiting for his teacher to continue talking.
'Everyone, settle down! We have a new student joining us today! This here is Alexander Gaskarth. So please welcome him nicely.' Alexander sneaked a quick peep up and noticed everyone either smiling or staring at him which made him slightly uneasy.
The teacher turned to him and put an arm on his shoulder which caused Alexander to jump slightly and shrug off the unwanted presence. Either the teacher didn't notice or he did a hell-of-a job to not be moved by the gesture.
'Alexander, there's an empty seat in the back by Jack. He's the one with the blonde tips in his hair.' Alexander nodded and glanced to the tables in the back of the room and saw who the teacher was talking about. He pressed his binder closer to his chest and quickly walked all the way to the back. He overheard the guys who were already seated at the table talking about a meet-up soon.
'Oh hey. You're new here right?' The buffer one of the bunch asked. Alexander wanted to scream at him with something along the lines of: Obviously you dumbfuck! Or are the steroids clouding your hearing and vision? Instead he just stared down at his hands and decided not to answer him.
'Dude, leave the poor kid alone. And he's obviously new here, cut him a break.' Alexander muttered something under his breath, which caused his defendant to ask him to repeat himself.
'I said I'm not a kid. I'm a senior.' Rian sat stunned in his seat, his mouth dropping just a tad.
Alexander heard the guy, who he presumed was Jack, laugh under his breath.
'He sure told you Dawson.' Alexander glanced out from the corner of his eye and noticed this Jack guy have his right ear pierced. He thought he was kinda cute and he had such a cute nose. Jack must've felt someone watching him because he looked right at Alexander and half smiled. Alexander looked down and turned a light shade of rosy red because, holy hell, he was gorgeous. The teacher started talking and Alexander pulled out a pencil and copied down everything the teacher said. He wanted to distract himself tonight so his father wouldn't bother him at all. Even if he could escape for two hours, he was definitely doing to enjoy those silent hours alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you wanna listen to music while reading this, pretty much anything Sleeping With Sirens is acceptable for some very odd reason. :)

Comment, subscribe, good vibes
-J