Dormant Senses

Do You Want Me To Set You Free?

Alex sat on his bed on a Tuesday afternoon. For some reason, he just wasn't up to go to school after the break up with Jack. He bit his lip as he took out his laptop and got on Facebook. Unfortunate to him, Jack hadn't posted anything regarding anything really. 'Oh God Alex. This is so stupid!' Alex quickly logged off and pushed his laptop to the end of his bed. Maybe staying home was a bad idea. All he could do was think of Jack and how making out with him on his bed would be nice right about now. God he was so stupid for opening his mouth in the first place. Jack was simply joking. Alex bit his lip and realized, yeah he was making excuses for Jack again. Alex rolled his eyes and got up, determined to do something with his day. He looked at his clock and saw it was only ten in the morning. He was already dressed so he shoved his feet into his beat up converses and grabbed his house keys and walked out.

___

Alex wondered the streets aimlessly. He didn't really have anywhere in particular to go but still, he sure damn acted like he had a place to be. He stopped at a ice cream shop that seemed familiar but he couldn't quite remember why.
'Can I get a plain vanilla ice cream with sprinkles on top?' Alex asked the lady behind the counter.
'Sure th- Hey, aren't you one of the boys who came here during Halloween last year with another taller boy?' Alex stared at the lady before it hit him.
'Uh, yeah that was me.' Alex blushed as she smiled at him.
'Y'all made my night. Here ya go sweetie, this one is on the house.' Alex smiled and thanked the lady before quickly retreating out the store before she bombarded him with questions and Alex would break down then and there. Alex walked down a block before bumping right into a familiar face.
'Oh hey there Alex.' Beau said.
'Uh hey.'
'What're you doing around here? Shouldn't you be in school?' Alex shrugged and looked down at his feet.
'You okay?' Alex looked up to Beau's worried eyes and pretty much broke down right there.
'Oh Alex.' As much as Alex disliked the guy, he was glad Beau was hugging him and trying to comfort him.
'There, there. It'll be alright.' Alex sniffled and pulled back from Beau.
'I think I got snot on your jacket.' Beau laughed and rolled his eyes.
'Come on, tell me what's wrong.'

___

'Well I mean, Jack can sometimes, and by sometimes I mean all the time, talk with his dick. You just can't take everything he says to heart.'
'I guess.' Alex said as he kicked a pebble that was nearby.
'Listen Alex, if you want, I can talk some sense into Jack. I mean, I know we weren't on good terms because you kinda saw me in a weird position with Jack but I promise you, he's like one of my bros. And you're someone special to him so it's the least I can do.'
'Thanks Beau. That'll be nice of you.' Alex smiled and got up from the bench.
'I should get going now.'
'Bye Alex' Alex waved and walked back to the bus stop.

___

'Hey Beau. What are you doing here?' Jack asked once he was released from school.
'Came to talk to you about someone.'
'Alright, who?' Jack said as he threw his backpack in the backseat of his car.
'Alex.' Jack turned to face Beau with an eyebrow arched.
'What about him?'
'Alex is a good boyfriend and you treat him like shit and man, you're a close friend to mine but Alex just seems so heartbroken and you honestly don't deserve someone like him.'
'And what? You do Bokan?' Jack said, walking right up to meet Beau's menacing gaze.
'I'd be a better boyfriend than you ever were.' Yeah that did it for everyone. Jack threw the first punch, catching Beau off guard and causing him to stumble a bit. Beau of course, came back and punched Jack in the stomach. Jack groaned but ran straight into Beau's stomach, knocking him off his feet and to land right on his back with Jack on top of him. Jack started pounding on Beau. All of a sudden, Beau flipped Jack over and punched him square in the jaw, causing Jack to see spots for a bit.
'That's enough!' Jack heard someone yell but couldn't register who until Zack was pulling him up by his feet. Rian looked between Beau and him with possibly the scariest look Jack was ever given. Jack's gonna take a wild guess and say it was Rian who said that.
He looked around and to his surprise, a crowd was formed around them.
'Jack, go home. Beau, you too.' Beau retreated quickly, leaving Jack to awkwardly stand there with Rian and Zack.
'What the hell are you idiots still lingering around here for? Leave!' Rian screamed at the crowd. Everyone did as told. Rian turned back to Jack and just shook his head.
'Rian...'
'Don't. Go home Jack.' Jack simply nodded and got in his car, backing away quickly and driving home.

___

Alex sat on the edge of his bed, humming a few lines to a song he started writing. He looked up to his mirror that hung right on his door. He didn't like what was staring back at him. A guy with golden-brown hair that was slowly losing it's glow and eyes that once held a small chance of hope, had faded and had dark, permanent circles around them stared back. Alex looked away. The more he got a look at what he was slowly becoming, the more he wanted to go cut himself. Alex glanced down at his notebook and started signing a few lines.

The night has come again,
And still, I am alone-
This time more than ever.
A feeling I had never felt before
And I don't want to remember.
It's taking a hold of me now
You drove in town to see me,
But you turned into a messenger
Oh, with news I never thought would hit my ears.
It's now numbing me inside
Numbing me from this life and I,
Want so badly to disappear.

Alex got up and picked up the guitar Jack gave him. He smiled at that day and started strumming along with the words.

You're everything to me:
My whole world, entire being,
The one thing I hold true in my life.
What made you do this to me?
Did you want me to set you free?
It tears me up inside, every night.

Maybe someday I can stand again.
Maybe soon, I can learn to wash my hands of this and start anew.
But I need you now to mend my heart
Because you're the only one who can keep me alive tonight.

Alex held out the last word, the song fully taking control of him now. He didn't even realize he started to let a few tears roll out while singing.

And everything will be just fine.
(I just wanted to be perfect, I just wanted to be perfect)
And everything will be just fine.
(I just wanted to be perfect, I just wanted to be perfect)

Maybe someday I can stand again. (and everything will be just fine)
Maybe soon, I can learn to wash my hands of this and start anew.
But I need you now to mend my heart (and everything will be just fine)
Because you're the only one that can keep me alive tonight.

Alex barely whispered the last line. He was sobbing now as he held the last remaining thing that reminded him of Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, I hope y'all don't hate me as much as you hated me in the last chapter <3