Dormant Senses

With Heaven Above You, There's Hell Over Me.

'That Alexander kid is something, don't ya think?' Rian said as he removed the water cap that was on his head. Jack shrugged and glanced at himself in the mirror.
'He has spunk for a newbie. I like his charisma.' Zack said from the bench as he took out his dry clothes from his duffel bag. Jack smiled and looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall. It was nearing six and he seriously wanted to just go grab something to eat. It was Thursday and that means Five Guys. The only tricky thing about Thursday Takeouts are actually finding a decent place that wasn't harboring insects. They would have to go downtown, where his father lives, and go to the Five Guys around there.
Jack quickly dressed himself and didn't bother to fix his hair because it was simply going to be covered by his favorite grey beanie.

~~~

'Welcome to Five Guys, how may I help you?' Alexander said from behind the counter. Considering he just moved here last Thursday, he was fairly surprised that he was given the job the Friday before. This was probably his favorite job because he got to meet new faces and serve people food that wasn't all that bad. Plus, he got free food as well considering his boss new the conditions in which he lived in since Alexander came with a black eye the second day of his new job.
The old lady placed her order and Alexander called back to one of the chef's. He waited patiently for the food to be ready as he called the older women back to the counter.
'Thank you pumpkin.'
'No problem ma'am. Have a nice day.' Alexander said as he handed the bag to her. She walked off and Alexander looked up to find the group of guys he sat next to in his physics class, come in. He sighed and plastered on a smile.
'Welcome to Five Guys, how may I help you?' Jack smiled at Alexander for a brief second before he shoved his hands into his pocket and looked up the menu.
'Hey! You're the dude from our physics class; Alexander!' Alexander nodded and waited for them to place an order.
'I'll have a veggie burger... Do you guys sell bottled water?' Zack said as he looked back at Alexander. Alexander nodded and punched in the order and waited for Jack's and the other guy who he never knew his name.
'Uh, I'll have a cheese burger, Cajun fries and a soft drink.' Jack said. He placed a hand over his mouth because he saw Alexander turn a nice shade of pink.
'Rian, hurry the fuck up.' Zack said.
'Shut up man. I'll have a grilled veggie burger and a bottled water too.' Rian said. Alexander nodded and punched in the order and called it back to the chef.
'That'll be sixteen dollars and seventy cents.' Jack pulled out a bunched up twenty dollar bill and handed it to Alexander.
'Keep the change.' Alexander smiled and turned around to hand the two bottled waters and a empty cup.
'Alexander,' His boss walked up to him with two bags of food in his hand, 'This one is for home and this one is for you.' Alexander turned a darker shade of red because the guys, especially Jack, was still standing there.
'Alexander muttered a thank you under his breath and reached for both bags.
'I'll take care up here. Go eat and then go home. I'll see you tomorrow okay?' Alexander nodded and walked around the corner, avoiding eye contact with the guys. He sat down near the very back where there was a window and he can look out and see the park where children were laughing happily. Alexander missed that and if it wasn't for Jack and his friends interrupting the overflowing thoughts that were scratching to get out, he would've busted out into a breakdown.
'You seemed lonely..' Jack said directly to Alexander. Alexander looked down at his fries and placed one in his mouth.
'And I thought Zack was quiet,' Rian said as he shoved the grilled veggie burger in his mouth.
'Don't listen to him, he can sometimes talk with his dick more than his mouth.' Alexander smiled and bit a small bite from his burger.
'Hey Alexander, you should come to the swim meetup we're having tomorrow. It'd be fun and it would be like initiation.' Zack said as he gobbled down his last bite of burger.
'Plus Jack's team captain, it would make him extra happy if you go.' Alexander glanced up and found Jack to be blushing lightly.
'Uh, yeah. I'd actually like it if you can come.' Alexander took the last bite of his burger and slowly pushed back his chair.
'I'll see.' Was his response as he walked out the front doors, waving a goodbye to his boss and walking down the street to the bus stop a couple blocks away.

___

'I mean, I think we might have scared him.' Jack said to Rian on the phone. He was fiddling with his belt that was stuck to the couch.
'Dude, I think so too. He looked petrified that we invited him to hang with us.' Jack bit his lip and stopped his attempt to remove the belt. He was actually a little heartbroken that Alexander indirectly said no to them. He bit his lip and twirled a strand of hair between his fingers.
'You know what I think?'
'When do you ever think Dawson?' He heard Rian chuckle and could practically see him roll his eyes.
'I think you may have a crush on the new guy.' Jack gulped and could feel his neck start to heat up.
'Thought so.' was the last thing Rian said before he hung up on Jack. Jack sighed and closed his eyes. He started to wonder what Alexander was doing now. He smiled at the thought of Alexander showing up at the meetup tomorrow. Jack could only hope that he followed through.

~~~

'I get my paycheck this week.' Alexander said to his mother as they sat at the table. He watched his mother eat up the burger he brought.
'That's good sweetheart. How was school today?'
'It was nice. I think I may like physics class a whole lot this year.' Alexander bit his lip and glanced down at his hands.
'I'm assuming a boy is in there that has caught your attention?' Alexander instinctively looked behind him to make sure his brother or father wasn't behind him even though they were out fishing and won't be back until tomorrow night. He nodded and his mother hummed in delight.
'Well, I'm glad sweetheart. I almost forgot to tell you, your sister called and said she missed you. Marie wants to see you soon, so tomorrow after work, go down to the hospital to see your aunt and sister.' Alexander nodded and grabbed the trash.
'This old women is going to bed now. I'll see you tomorrow honey.' She pecked Alexander on the kiss and hugged him tight. He smiled and started to wash the dishes. After dishes, he silently went to stand at the bottom steps to make sure his mother actually went to bed. When he was satisfied with the soft snoring he heard, he walked quickly to the downstairs bathroom. He ruffled through the cabinets and found the precise thing he was looking for. The cold steel felt ever so nicely in between his fingers. He pulled down his pants a little, revealing the scars that decorated them. He placed the cold metal against his skin and pushed hard, allowing blood to drip out. He winced at the pain and quickly reached for the bloody towel he used to wipe up the mistakes. That's exactly what Alexander considered the cutting. They were his mistakes and flaws and he did this to himself because he was undeniable full of flaws.
He sunk down to his knees with the towel covering his new formed scar, and began to sob. He covered his mouth with his free hand just in case he woke up his mother. His bloodshot eyes and those deepened wounds revealed how badly Alexander was suffering. This was his escape. This was his self-torture. This was his unrealistic Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all the lovely subscribers and readers :) Title for chapter goes to Hell Above by Pierce The Veil. Listen to the album while reading it because it's perf.

Commenters!
secretofbacon
destrey lover482
love me always

Comment, subscribe, good vibes
-J