Dormant Senses

Give Me Love.

Hours. Hours Jack spent searching for Alex to no avail.
'Where could he be?' Jack wondered aloud as Rian drove through many darkened streets.
'Maybe he's with his family Jack and you thought you saw a bloody chair.' Rian implied.
'No. What I saw was real Rian. Too real.' Jack whispered the last part. Rian flashed him a sympathetic look and continued to drive around.
'Well there's one place we haven't looked.'
'No. Don't say it.'
'Jack, he might be there.' as much as he refused to believe it and admit it, Rian was probably right. Jack didn't speak another word and let Rian drive in the direction of the hospital.

___

'Hi, are you guys here for visiting?' A brunette nurse asked both boys as soon as they set foot in the cold building.
'Um, yes. We're looking for an Alexander Gaskarth?' Rian chirped up because Jack was trying hard to picture Alex in his bed asleep peacefully.
'Hmm... Says here he checked himself out a few hours ago. I guess he felt fine enough to leave.' Jack instantly looked at her and wondered what she meant.
'What do you mean? What happened to him?'
'Sorry honey, I can only tell you if you're family.'
'I am. I'm his brother.'
'I need proof of ID.' That did it for Jack.
'Are you fucking serious!? I'm concerned of his well-being and you're asking me for ID?'
'We'll be leaving now sorry to bother you.' Rian had slipped his arm around Jack's waist and dragged him out of the hospital.
'Let go of me Dawson!' Jack said, shoving away Rian's arm.
'You need to control yourself Jack! I know you're worried, believe me, I do. Just... Try and control yourself please. Don't do it for me, do it for Alex.' Jack just nodded, not really knowing what to do with himself.
'Come on... It's nearing two am. We need to get some rest.' Jack knew he wouldn't get sleep because Alex was out there helpless and beat.

___

'Barakat! Barakat! Get the fuck up!' He felt someone poking him in the ribs but didn't open his eyes and resorted in swatting his hand in the air to try and rid of whoever was trying to wake him up.
'One more minute mom.'
'I'm not your mom Jack. Get the fuck up. We're going to be late to school. Go get ready.' Jack groaned into his pillow and got up. He had fallen asleep around five and when he looked at his clock, it was merely six in the morning.
'I'm going in late.' Jack stated before his head fell limp into the pillow again.
'Well don't you want to see if Alex comes to school?' Jack perked up than and ran to the bathroom.
'Ri!' Jack called from the bathroom, 'Lemme borrow some clothes please!' He heard Rian sigh loudly and also heard a door opening and closing a minute later.
'Here.' Rian said and handed the clothes to Jack. Jack smiled and closed the door again. He slipped into the jeans and plain grey shirt. His hair was slightly out of place but he didn't care that much. He was just hoping his boyfriend was going to be in school today.

___

'Jack, wait for me!' Rian called after Jack who was currently running to class. They were late for school already and Jack couldn't afford another detention. Jack also ignored Rian's calls because he was just too happy to see Alex.
Jack bursted into the room and looked towards the back. His face instantly fell when he didn't see his favorite face. Rian caught up and was heaving a bit.
'Assdick.'
'Shut up Ri.' Jack said grumpily as he made his way to the back. He sat heavily and placed his head in his hands.
'Why are you two late?' the teacher asked Rian and Jack.
'Sorry sir, our car wasn't functioning this morning.' Rian said blushing, he was always so nervous when teacher's accused him.
'Oh, well don't let it happen again.' Rian nodded and looked at Jack.
'Sorry bro.'
'You dragged me out of bed for nothing. He's not even here...'
'Who's not here?' a small voice asked from behind Jack. Jack turned around and saw a face he was dying to see all day. Alex stood before him with a hood draped over his head and his sleeves over his hands. He looked... Not beaten? Well Jack was totally taken off guard.
'I thought you weren't here.'
'We had to do a lab with partners and since Zack wasn't here, I had to work with that guy.' Alex gestured a nod towards a guy with glasses and pants too high on his waist. Jack made an 'O' with his mouth and made grabby hands for Alex's own. Alex smiled and held out his hands for Jack to grab. He intertwined their fingers and pressed his forehead against Alex's. Should Jack tell him what he saw? Maybe he was just picturing it. But Alex was at the hospital. He did look fine for someone who was in the hospital only a few hours ago.
'Where were you yesterday?' Jack whispered to Alex. Alex pulled away and went to take a seat next to Jack. Jack saw him wince but Alex tried to feign it.
'I was at my house. Why?'
'Really? I mean... I was calling you yesterday and you didn't answer.'
'Hmm... Mustn't gotten any of your calls.' Alex shrugged and Jack saw him immediately bite his bottom lip. Jack glanced at Rian giving him a queue to leave so he can talk to Alex privately.
'You really expect me to believe that Alexander?' Jack rarely used Alex's full name so he was pretty damn serious about this.
'If you don't believe me, that's on you.'
'Alex!' Jack yelled his name and slammed his hands down on the table. Everyone in the class turned their attention on the pair in the back of the class.
'I suggest you stop, you're causing a scene.' Alex stated.
'Are you fucking serious?' Jack whispered, 'You can't be fucking doing this now Alex.'
'Jack, what? You're acting a little obsessed for pete's sake!' Alex whispered back.
'It's not obsession, I'm worried about your safety damnit.' Jack replied back.
'Why? Nothings wrong.'
'Are you kidding me? You winced when you sat down.'
'I slept wrong last night.'
'Alex...' Jack started but was cut off by Alex.
'Look Jack. I made up all that shit about my dad abusing me okay? I just said that for a quick fuck. And yanno what? I enjoyed it too much to end it. So do us all a favor and back off you obsessive twat.' Alex got up and stalked over to his partner.
Jack sat there with a shocked expression on his face. Did Alex just say that? Tears threatened to spill and it was rare to see Jack cry. He refused to have anyone see him cry, especially Alex.
Jack got up, collected his things and walked out the classroom. He heard his teacher screaming his name and something about detention but Jack didn't care. He walked out of the school and walked to his mother's house.

___

Alex walked into his house after a terrible day at school.
'Did you do it?' he heard a voice say behind him.
'Yes. I ended my relationship with Jack.' Alex turned to face his father who was grinning like Chesire.
'Good. Now get your faggot self out of my face, this house isn't going to clean itself.'
'But I'm hurt!' Alex started to protest but his father grabbed his head in his hands and shook him a bit.
'Are you arguing boy?" Alex yelped and tried to pull away but his father had a tight grip. His father laughed and pushed him down to the ground, knocking the wind out of Alex and causing pain to shoot out and hit every nerve in his body.
'Get your ass up and start cleaning before it's worse than that.' Alex got up slowly, his head down and eyes cast to the ground as he walked past his father and down to the basement to clean up his own blood that stained the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your comments... Oh my... I didn't mean to upset any of you so much </3 Hope you still love this story (and me)
Sorry it's short :(
Comment, subscribe, good vibes
- J