Dormant Senses

In A Perfect World, This Would Never Happen.

Alexander awoke to the noise of keys being thrown onto the granite counter top. He looked up to find he had cried himself to sleep in the bathroom. He quickly got up and opened the door. He found his father and brother opening up two cans of beers and laughing at something Daniel had said.
'That was great dad. Are we gonna visit uncle Kenny this weekend to go hunting?' Alexander saw his dad nod and looked in the direction Alexander was standing awkwardly at.
'What're you doing so up boy?'
'Couldn't sleep.' Alexander muttered.
'Now I sure damn know you did not just mutter.' Alexander gulped and watched as his dad approached him and socked him right in the stomach, causing Alexander to topple over and cough out a bit of blood. His dad left him there and his brother had a sort of worried look on his face that left immediately when his father called him down to the basement.
'Way to go Alexander. It's not even six in the morning and you've already royally pissed him off. Three cheers for your funeral Alexander. Three fucking cheers.'

~~~

Alexander arrived at the school just in time thanks to his mother. He knew he she was going to get a beating for it later but he seriously was running out of time. He wasn't worried about her actually suffering anything because he was set on interrupting it and allowing the beating to happen to him instead of his mom receiving it.
He walked up the steps and made his way to his locker to collect his things. He checked his watch and realized he was actually forty-five minutes early. He sighed and shoved all his things in his bag before heading off to the gym to find some peace and quiet.
He sat down on the bleachers and lied back. He closed his eyes and threw one of his arms on top of his eyes, shielding away the light. Alexander fell asleep almost immediately.

~~~

Jack walked inside the gym to go drop of the duffel bag filled with all his swim gear thirty minutes before people actually started to arrive. He walked in to find the gym surprisingly not empty. He walked over to the bleachers to see who the sleeping form was. He smiled as he immediately recognized the body. Alexander's mouth was slightly opened and his soft snoring sounded soothing to Jack's ears. His chest rose up and gently went down as he continued to sleep on the uncomfortable looking bleachers. Jack thought he was totally cute when he was sleeping but even cuter when he was awake. Jack placed his duffel bag down and knelt by the head of Alexander. Jack poked Alexander in the cheek in which he received no protest. Jack frowned and started to poke Alexander's side. Alexander quickly opened his eyes and sat up straight, knocking right into Jack's head. That sent Jack toppling down and falling backwards onto the bleachers below him.
'Ow.' Jack mumbled.
'Oh my God! Hold on! Don't move!' Alexander went down the three sets of bleachers and helped Jack back up to his feet.
'S-sorry...'
'S'ok Alexander. No worries.' Jack rubbed his head and took a seat on the bleachers. He was actually a little light-headed but that could have been because he didn't have time to eat this morning since his brother and sister were in a rush to get to school to help for the game they had later in the afternoon.
'You okay?' Alexander asked. He moved Jack's hand and glanced at his head to see if he was bleeding or not.
'You're not bleeding, you must be light-headed.' Alexander frowned and placed his hand back onto his lap.
'Yeah, I didn't have time to eat this morning.'
'You sure it isn't because you fell down three sets of bleachers?'
'Highly sure Alexander. I fell down from the very top once. This is nothing.' He smiled at Alexander, reassuring him that he was okay. Alexander didn't seem to convinced. He got up and grabbed both his bag and Jack's duffel bag.
'Let's go get you something to eat.' Jack made a reach for his bag but Alexander snagged it quickly away.
'Uh no. You're not allowed to carry anything. Where do you want me to take this?'
'We gotta take it into the locker room.' Alexander nodded and walked along, Jack following close behind.
After they were done putting Jack's duffel bag away, they walked to the cafeteria to find it nearly empty except for the fact that Jack's friends were there.
'Hey,' Jack stopped and turned to look at Alexander, 'I forgot to ask you; how's your head?' Jack had a small smile tugging at the sides of his lip as he looked into Alexander's eyes.
'It-it's fine. You didn't hurt me as much as I hurting you.' Alexander blushed and pushed back his golden-brown fringe, adverting his eyes away from Jack's stare.
'Bro! What the hell took you so long!'
'Watch it Dawson.' said one of the lunch ladies.
'Sorry ma'am.' Rian murmured.
'Uh, I see you're not going to be alone now... I should go.' Alexander started to back away before Jack said, 'Wait. Don't go. We can still hang out.' Alexander continued to walk away, leaving Jack a little heartbroken and a little annoyed with his friends.

___

'Barakat! You're up!' yelled Coach Frank. Jack stood at the top of diving board. He took a deep breath and just right when he was going to dive in, a yell was heard from the locker room. Jack saw the coach and a majority of the guys run in the direction of the scream. Jack descended down the ladder quickly and made his way into the locker room, pushing past all his teammates to get to the front. To his complete horror and disgust, he was shocked to see who was tied up to one of the poles.
Alexander looked like he had run straight into someones fist repeatedly he was pretty much covered in cuts and bruises that it took some time for Jack to realize that it was actually him. Blood spilled out from two cuts and Jack was honestly afraid to come near him when the coach called him over to help him get Alexander down.
'Hey, Alexander, it's me, Jack.' Alexander just coughed, blood coming out of his mouth and landing onto Jack's stomach.
'Okay everyone out! Merrick, get the nurse!' Jack saw Zack run out. Slowly, the team left leaving behind Rian, Jack, and the coach.
'Are you okay handling this Jack?' Jack nodded and fixed his leg so Alexander could lay down in a better position. Coach Frank nodded and walked back out to the team.
'Hey Alexander, who did this to you.' Alexander moaned and went to touch his cheek.
'No, no. You have a cut, don't get it infected.' Alexander slowly lowered his hand and placed it back on his stomach.
'So who did this to you?' Alexander moaned as he started to sit up.
'These stupid football jocks.'
'Those fucking asshole! What is with them? I thought we taught them not to mess with anyone anymore. Not as long as we're here.' Rian said as he knelt beside Jack.
'We should get you to the nurse, looks like Zack is taking too long.' Rian nodded and walked to the other side to help lift Alexander up. Alexander wrapped both of his arms around both Jack's and Rian's neck and limped his way slowly to the nurses office.
'You honestly look like shit Gaskarth.' Alexander chuckled and shook his head.
'You should see the other guy.' All three boys laughed at Alexander's witty remark as they slowly reached the nurses office just as Zack came out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. <3
Commenters!
secretofbacon
destrey lover482
love me always
Iceyythepenguin


Comment, subscribe, good vibes
-J