Higher Than Hope

Chapter 19

"Nail, your sister is a cool girl. Ebs let her borrow one of his books and he doesn't like people touching his stuff", said Taylor as they headed off the ice after practice the following day.

"Da, that sounds good. I didn't know Jordan had books, though", he replied.

"That's because he didn't bring any on the European trip. He always takes some books along on the road trips, since we can't drink in the US it gives him something to do. We're going to Dallas and St. Louis on our next road trip trip tomorrow and we can't drink and shit. We can still go to Billy Bob's, but we can't just drink. And St. Louis is boring as hell if you can't drink, they make Budweiser there. Other than that, you eat pizza", said Taylor with a shrug.

"What is Billy Bob's?", he asked.

"That's this huge country bar in Fort Worth, they got it all. They got live music, mechanical bulls, a huge bar, barbecue and real rodeo and bull-riding. But the bull-riding is only for professionals, they don't want to get sued. It's a helluva lot of fun, a lot of the European guys really seem to like that sort of thing", said Taylor.

"Ja, it is a lot of fun. We don't have anything close to that in Sweden, it's so Texan", laughed Magnus.

"I think I would like to see this Billy Bob place, it sounds interesting. Too bad Rissa can't come with us", said Nail, a shadow crossing his face.

"I gotcha, it sucks. But just take a lot of pictures, you can upload them. And maybe I ought to give you the box", said Taylor, a sly gleam in his blue eyes.

"What box?", he asked.

Taylor just laughed as he took out a shoebox from his locker and handed it to him. Inside was a box of condoms and a porn DVD entitled Daddy's Naughty Angels as Nail gave Taylor a look. "I gave them same to Nuge last year, reckon he needed some help because he's got no game whatsoever. You gotta know what to do and you don't want her daddy getting the shotgun out", he joked.

"Ocheyn vesyelya, Taylor", he retorted.

"Just sayin', that is so you don't mess up, girls hate that. And I don't think you want to be a daddy now", he laughed.

"Nyet, but you have a dirty mind, Hallsy", joked Nail.

"Just keep the box, it'll come in handy later", said Taylor.

Nail just shook his head and placed the box on the top shelf of his locker. "Guys, I can't wait to see Billy Bob's", said Jordan eagerly.

"You and Nuge and Jonesy, Ebs. You're all a bunch of Canadian rednecks", laughed Taylor.

"Don't forget you grew up in Calgary, Hallsy, even if you did play in Windsor. And you like Billy Bob's", teased Jordan.

"Yeah, there's a lot of hot Texas cowgirls there, yee haw. Nail, Dallas is one of the best road trip cities. The other good ones are Miami, LA, New York and Chicago in the US and Montreal and Vancouver in Canada, trust me", said Taylor.

"And what are the worse?", h easked.

"Oh man, Columbus sucks ass. The team fucking sucks and their arena is always empty, plus there's nothing to do and the chicks there are ugly. Another bad place is Philly, the Flyers fans are all assholes and the city and dangerous and crappy as hell. But the place I can't stand is Tampa, the chicks there are ugly and it's full of old people. Plus, the weather's too warm and muggy", replied Taylor in distaste.

"Okay, but we play them much?", asked Nail.

"Nah, we only play in Philly once and Tampa too, but we play Columbus twice. but we play Calgary a lot and Vancouver too, those are always good ones", said Jordan.