Higher Than Hope

Chapter 8

Around nine that night, the group settled the bill and the men left behind a large tip for the waitress. Nail was feeling a bit tipsy but good as he took Larissa by the hand and led her towards the truck. "The girls are staying at our place, their dad is going to totally freak out if we take them home after drinking", said Ryan.

"Yeah, the old man sucks ass. Does he know where you guys live?", asked Jordan.

"No, he knows my number from Caller ID, but not my address", said Ryan.

"Lucky me, I got to drive all of us back. At least we all live in the same building", said Jordan dryly as he took the keys out of his pocket.

Nail sat with Larissa in the backseat of the truck as she leaned against him and his arms went around her waist, the top of his head resting on hers. Ryan gave them a knowing smile as he helped Anna inside. Taylor was already asleep in the passenger seat, the radio playing Unstoppable by Rascal Flatts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhHgNgIYfzQ

Yeah yeah yeah..
Hey

So so you made a lot of mistakes
Walked down the road a little sideways
Cracked a brick when you hit the wall
Yeah you've had a pocket full of regrets
Pull you down faster than a sunset
Hey it happens to us all

When the cold hard rain just won't quit
And you can't see your way out of it

Chorus
You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will it always does
Love is unstoppable

Love it weather any storm
Bring you back to being born again
Oh it's a helping hand when you need it most
A lighthouse shinning on the coast
That never goes dim

When your heart is full of doubt
And you think that there's no way out

Chorus
You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will it always does
Love is unstoppable

Like a river keeps on rolling
Like the north wind blowing
Don't it feel good knowing
Yeah

You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will it always does
Love is unstoppable

Love is unstoppable
So you made a lot of mistakes
Walked down the road a little sideways
Love love is unstoppable

It was a quiet drive with the darkness of the forests north of Edmonton giving way to first suburbs and then the city itself, the brilliant lights of downtown Edmonton coming as a shock after being in the bar. Jordan parked the truck in the building's garage downstairs and everyone got in the elevator, the him and Taylor getting off on the fifth floor and everyone getting off on the eighth. "Let's just hope no one gets a really bad hangover, lucky there's no practice tomorrow", said Ryan.

Nail suddenly realized there were only two beds, feeling that him and Larissa shouldn't be sharing a bed just yet. "You can have my room, I'll sleep on the couch", he said, a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Are you sure, I don't want you to give your bed", said Larissa.

"Nyet, I don't mind", he replied quickly as Ryan led them inside.

Larissa stood up on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek. "Spasibo, Nail", she said.

Nail tried to suppress the goofy grin on his face as he went to his room and brought out a pillow and sheets for the couch. "Good night, moy devushka myet", he murmured as Larissa went towards the bathroom, stopping momentarily to blow him a kiss.

Nail just smiled as he got under the sheets and lay down on the couch, unable to help the giddy feeling going through hi. I hope their father isn't going to be angry, but I already like this girl very much, he mused as he rolled over and closed his eyes.

"Looks like Nail is being a gentleman", said Ryan dryly as Anna led him to the room.

Anna giggled and wrapped her arms around his waist, reaching up on her tiptoes and kissing his lips. "He'd better be a gentleman, I'm not so little that I can't kick his ass. And what about you, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins? Are you going to be a gentleman?", she purred.

Ryan felt the first stirrings of lust go through him at her words, leading her over to the bed. "You are such a bad girl, Anna. Do you want to freak out your sister?", he teased.

"Judging from the way she's acting around Nail, she's not going to be freaked for much longer", she giggled.

Without warning, Anna reached out and grabbed the hem of his t-shirt as he landed on the bed next to her, a devilish gleam in her green eyes. "I am going to get you for that, my green-eyed Ukrainian girl", he drawled.

Anna giggled and her arms went around his neck, planting a quick kiss on his lips. Ryan growled softly and took her into his arms as he rolled them over, looking down and returning the kiss. Their lips exchanged hungry kisses as she ran her fingers through his short brown hair, parting her lips slightly and feeling the tip of his tongue against hers. While they continued making out, Ryan reached under the hem of her t-shirt and felt the clasp of her bra.

Anna broke the kiss and gave him a knowing smile, lifting her shirt and removing her bra. She giggled at the look on his face as his gaze went right to her bare breasts, the pale creamy mounds topped with hard dark nipples. "You are always beautiful, Anna", he murmured.

Ryan took off his own shirt and pulled her into his arms, feeling her tiny hands roaming his lean torso. They kissed for a bit as Ryan's lips moved lower, planting little kisses along her jawline and her throat before capturing her nipple with his lips and sucking on it softly. Anna sighed and ran her fingers through his hair as his lips toyed with her breasts, the familiar warmth in her belly beginning to stir. Anna moved her hands lower and reached to undo the buttons of his jeans, hearing him growl with need.

Ryan quickly removed his jeans and boxers, smiling as Anna looked at him hungrily. He groaned when he felt her tiny hand stroke him, the sensation becoming even more intense when she took him into her mouth. Anna just winked at him and continued sucking, hearing him growl with lust. Ryan gently eased her face away and reached for one of the foil packets inside his drawer as he opened the wrapper and rolled on the condom. Anna kissed him as he rolled atop of her and felt her part her legs, moaning softly as he started to enter her body. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him as he thrust into her body, hearing him growl.

Ryan relished the sensation as he moved inside her, kissing her as he felt the warmth of her body around him. Anna moaned softly against his lips and ran her fingers through his hair as he continued moving inside her. Ryan broke the kiss and his lips moved lower along her jaw and along her neck, his face buried in the crook of her neck and sucking the sensitive spot there.

Anna moaned as he continued moving inside her and his lips gently sucked on that sensitive spot. She tangled her fingers in his hair and wrapped her legs around his waist as he growled in approval. Anna felt her climax approach as Ryan moved inside her faster, clutching onto his shoulders and her eyes shut tight against the oncoming pleasure. Her body shuddered and she cried out his name as she came, Ryan muttering curses under his breath as he thrust one last time into her body and collapsed atop her.

They were still for a few minutes before Ryan withdrew from her body and carefully took off the condom as he tossed it into the adjacent dustbin, taking her into his arms and kissing the top of her head. "I am really going to miss you when we go to Sweden and Finland for the games", he murmured.

Anna relaxed in his embrace and kissed him softly. "Me too, Ryan. But I'm more concerned about Rissa, Dad hasn't said anything but I know he doesn't like Nail at all. I heard him talking on the phone with this Tom guy, he's another member of New Dawn. He said that Nail just wants to, pardon my language, he just wants to fuck Rissa because all Muslims lust after white girls. He wants Rissa to date this Tom guy", said Anna with disgust.

"Shit, this is not good at all. If you girls want, stay here. Your dad doesn't know the address", said Ryan.

"I know, but it still sucks", she muttered.