Status: Updating as often as I can

Meet Me at the Telephone

Night of Relaxation

Image


“Finally we get a day off tomorrow. Thank you for convincing me to close the shop on Sundays.” Miranda sighed to her sister as they both walked into their two bedrooms flat. Miranda pulled off her black pea coat and hung it up next to her sister’s pink coat. She placed the keys into the glass dish on the table by the door as she walked by to go into the kitchen. She walked in just as Candace opened the fridge, “Can you get me a Voss water if we have any?”

Candace gave her a thumb up as Miranda jumped up onto the counter and waited patiently for her water. When Candace was finished in the fridge she turned around and passed a Voss water to her sister, “What do you want to do tonight? I’m thinking of a lazy night in.”

Miranda thought about Candace’s suggestion, “What the heck. I think that’s a fantastic idea. What do you want for dinner then?”

Candace thought about it for a moment, “Chinese takeout? Or do you want a pizza?”

Miranda smiled, “I could really go for some shrimp lo mien right now.”

Candace walked over to a wicker basket that was sitting on the breakfast bar and shuffled through the contents, looking for the local Chinese restaurant. Once she found it she walked over towards their house phone and dialed the number, “Miranda, your phone is going crazy.” She stated when she saw her sister’s phone lighting up like crazy.

Miranda looked at her sister confused as she jumped off the counter and walked over, grabbing her phone and looking at it. The confusion on her face grew as she looked at the number on the screen, “Hello?” She asked, confusion clearly in her voice.

“Is this Miranda? Owner of a bakery?” A deep Irish accent asked on the other line.

Miranda’s eyes grew wide in realization when she figured out who was on the other line. “Is this Niall?” She asked as she bit her fingernail. Miranda either bit her lip or fingernail when she wasn’t sure of something.

The Irish voice laughed, ”It is. I’m surprised that you remember me Miranda.”

Miranda laughed as Candaced finished up with their takeout order and hung up the phone, “What can I do for you Niall?” Candace’s eyes grew wide when she realized who her sister was talking to.

”Well Zayn and I are bored and we had fun with you the other night so we were wondering if you wanted to do something tonight with us?” He asked her.

Candace had placed her ear up to the phone and heard everything Niall had asked. She grabbed a nearby paper and pen and wrote something on it before handing it to her sister. Miranda took the paper and glanced down. She smiled and nodded to her sister.

“Why don’t you and Zayn come over to my place and have a lazy night in with my sister and I. We just ordered some Chinise food and we are going to put on something comfortable and watch some movies. If you don’t have any plans tomorrow, your more than welcome to crash here. We have a couple air mattresses.” Miranda told Niall.

”Hold on and let me tell Zayn.” Niall informed her.

Candace poked Miranda in the ribs to get her attention. When she finally got Mirnada’s attention she used the hand motion for “well”. Miranda shrugged her shoulders just as Niall got back onto the phone.

”Zayn said that sounds like fun. Where did you guys order from and we will pick it up on our way.”

Miranda tried to argue with Niall about paying for the food but he stated that they were going to order some food before they left their flat and the boys didn’t want them to pay for their food. It took some time before Miranda agreed. After giving Niall her address, Miranda hung up the phone and turned to her sister, “Well you get to meet Zayn and Niall.”

Candace screamed as she jumped up and down. Miranda clamped her hand over her sister’s mouth and gave her a look telling her to shut up, “Sorry.” Candace said once Miranda moved her hand, “I’m just so excited! What did he say about staying the night?”

Miranda took a drink of her Voss water, “They both agreed because they have nothing to do tomorrow. It’s their day off as well. I was thinking of getting up before everyone and making some pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hash browns. How does that sound?”

Candace beamed, “I love your pancakes! Can you make red velvet?”

Miranda nodded, “Lets go get changed and get the blankets, pillows, and the mattresses before they get here.”

As Miranda changed she couldn’t help but wonder what the night was going to be like. Having two/fifths of the most popular boy band One Direction here in her home, she couldn’t even describe her feelings. She was excited because she would be able to get to know the boys a little better. She was scared because she felt like they would judge her and her sister Candace because they lived in a small two bedroom, one bath, flat a few blocks from the bakery.

Miranda shook her head of the negativity and finished putting the pillows onto the beds that Candace had blown up and made before she when to go and get her pajama’s on. As soon as the last pillow was placed, the door bell rand followed by quick knocks.

Miranda’s eyebrow rose as she straightened herself up just as Candace entered the living room. “What the?” Candace spoke out loud as she walked ahead of Miranda to open the door.

Candace took a deep breath before she opened the door to revel a very bouncy blonde boy holding a plastic bag. “You must be Niall! Please come in! Thank you for picking up the food, I’m Candace.”

Niall smiled as he walked through the door, “Not a problem. Thanks for inviting us!”

Miranda smiled at Zayn as he walked through the door and handed her his jacket when she motioned for it, “Hello Miranda. How have you been? Good I hope.”

Miranda smiled and nodded her head and started to walk the living room where Candace and Niall were already getting the food out and placed the cartons onto the coffee table, “I have indeed. How have you been?”

Zayn smiled as he followed her, “I’ve been good. We are working on our second album and getting ready from the promo tour.”

Miranda smiled, “Sounds pretty hectic.”

Zayn shrugged his shoulders and smiled a genuine smile, “It is but we don’t complain.”

Candace was the first to fall down onto her bed and grabbed her carton of food, “It’s really nice to meet you two! I’m a fan of your music. But don’t worry, I wont kill you in your sleep.” Candace smirked which caused Niall and Zayn to look at each other.

“She’s joking you two.” Miranda informed the two singers who were standing next to her. “Shall we eat?”

Niall didn’t need to be asked twice about eating. Miranda pointed to where Zayn and Niall were sleeping and they both grabbed their food and sat down on to the beds, quickly diving into their own cartons of Chinese food.

Zayn swallowed his food before speaking, “Thank you again for allowing us to crash your relaxing night. Niall and I were going crazy from being bored.”

“Stop saying thank you Zayn, “ Miranda laughed “It’s our pleasure. I’m thinking of watching some action tonight. What do you guys think?”

“I’m up for some James Bond movies.” Candace stated

Zayn nodded his head in agreement, “I actually did not think you two were into those types of movies.”

“Well Mr. Bradford bad boy. You don’t know us yet. We are actually full of surprises so you to are in for a shock.” Candace laughed before taking a drink of her water bottle.

Zayn laughed out loud at the nickname that people know him by, “I can not believe you just said that!”

Candace smiled, “Well I said it so get over it.”

Miranda and Niall laughed as they watched the two bicker back and forth. Candace continued to call Zayn Bradford Bad boy and it got to the point where Zayn threw a pillow at her. After that happened, Candace and Miranda cleared the trash away once they were finished eating and brought out sundaes topped with whipped cream and cherries.

Zayn took his from Miranda’s hand, “Wow. You two go all out on lazy nights eh?”

Candace shrugged her shoulders as she handed Niall his sundae, “Miranda wanted ice cream tonight.” Candace then walked over to the entertainment center and grabbed two remotes before walking back over to her spot and sitting down. She put on of the remotes next to her and the screen button on the other remote. After she pressed the button down, a screen started to come down from the ceiling causing the two boys to awe out loud. “Miranda is really into entertainment gadgets. If she could, she would have five different style TV’s in the flat.”
Miranda blushed at what Candace said, “I’m not that bad.” She whispered.

Candace rolled her eyes, “Okay. Then explain the surround sound system.” She motioned towards the four speakers in each corner of the living room.

Miranda laughed, “Okay I’m that bad.” Miranda grabbed the remote that was sitting next to Candace and turned on the sound system as she pressed another button that lowered the lights.

Niall looked from the screen to the speakers then back to the screen. His expression looked like he was in heaven, which he probably was. He was staying the night in a room with two beautiful sisters, one of his best mates, an amazing ice cream sundae in his hand while watching a James Bond movie. “Can I live here?” Niall asked Causing the sisters and Zayn to laugh. “I’m serious.” Niall stated before taking a bite of his sundae.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone, What do you think of this story so far? Just two more chapters before we get into the plot of the story. Who do you want Miranda to fall in love with? I have a band member in mind but I would like to hear your requests and why.

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend!